Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Suresh BahraniYour feedback matters!
I have problem of dandruff and hair fall from last two year. So what can I do for this. And give any solution for this.
I have a lot of dandruff in my hair but I do not want to shave my head. Please suggest me something to get rid of dandruff without shaving my head.
I am having very less hair in my head. How to grow more hair. Please suggest me the best way for me.
I want to have less hair growth on my arms underarms legs and bikini line, but not on head hair. What should I do?
Sir I am 25 years old. My hair turns white. Is there any medicine which cures it and my hair turns black again. Or which colour is best which did not harm further my hair.
I have uneven skin tone on my face. Like the skin around my mouth is darker and so is if my lips. How can I have an even skin colour?
Hi Doctor, Im 20 years old I didn't have beard, All my friends where insulting me How to get beard fast, plzz help me Sir.
Please tell some natural remedies to get hair silk and straight. And tell me how many times I have to apply it within a week?
I name is Anushree. I am 20 years old. I have a problem of dard underarms. Actually I had applied a hair removal cream i. E. Veet and as a result of which my underarms skin turned out to be like burned skin. Its color become darker, due to which I can't wear sleeveless dresses. I had consulted with Two three Dr. But no positive results found. Please suggest me some solution to overcome from this problem, please plzzzzzz.
I am having acne and pimples since 2 months and even after applying medicine there is no effect, what to do? I want to know if there is any home remedy to remove pimples and acne.
My age is 23 and still studying and in my back head, hair infection or any other disease its look like circle it's 5 or 7 circle which contain no hair its just blank remain place have hair its look like wired all friend laughing at me they seen my back head what I do?
High I am 23 years old and have hair fall issue. I am working hence do not find much time to take care of them. Lost my hair volume Because of hair fall and dandruff. Please suggest a remedy.
Whenever I get out in sun, my scars and red spots even get worse, and my face get all red and tanned instantly. How should I prevent the scars getting darker every time I get out. Help me:-(
Dr. I am 31 years old n I have white spots on my neck n ankle pls give me some cream to apply or anything that help I would like to cure it doctor coz it's been 10 years till now n I can't find way to cure it. Thanks a lot.
I have heavy hair fall, dandruff playing vital role, I am doing head bath weakly thrice, I got headache with seviour pain.
Stretch marks, as the name suggest; appears when the skin is over stretched. These marks can also appear when the body loses its ability to stretch (use of certain steroids). Both the conditions affect the skin elasticity. As a result, white, red (turn pale over a period of time) or purple streaks appear on the buttocks, armpits, stomach, thighs and chest.
Many factors influence the appearance of stretch marks, also known as Striae distensae:
- Elevated levels of Cortisone hormone (produced by the Adrenal gland) play a pivotal role in the appearance of stretch marks.
- Stretch marks are common during pregnancy. As the foetus grows in size, the skin tends to stretch more and more. This stretching provides sufficient space to the developing foetus. A hormonal imbalance can also mark the appearance of stretch marks during this period. In some, the stretch marks appear after pregnancy.
- Stretch marks are sure to appear when a person experiences a sudden change in the body weight (weight gain or loss). These marks can also be seen in children who are in their growing phase (teenagers).
- Use of Corticosteroids (steroid hormones produced by the adrenal cortex) can leave your body with the unwanted stretch marks. It is advisable to use corticosteroids (pills or cream) under medical supervision.
- Stretch marks may be an outcome of some genetic disorders such as Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and Marfan's Syndrome. Striae distensae can appear in people with Cushing's Syndrome (the adrenal gland produces the hormone, Glucocorticoids in excess)
Stretch marks often affect person's confidence. Most people find stretch marks extremely annoying and embarrassing. They try every possible trick under the sun to camouflage and get rid of the unwanted marks.
The stretch marks are generally harmless and can be treated:
- Drink plenty of water. It is important to keep the skin hydrated. Bio oils, Vitamin E enriched oils, certain creams, can effectively fades the appearance of stretch marks. Use of moisturisers containing Cocoa Butter and Shea Butter will speed up the fading process.
- Loss or breakdown of collagen protein (fibrous protein) can result in stretch marks. For stretch marks that are not very old, Tretinoin cream comes across as a huge relief. Application of Tretinoin cream helps in the restoration of collagen protein. For pregnant women, it is best to avoid this cream.
- In case the stretch marks are a little older, a person can go for Microdermabrasion.
- Another great technique is the Pulsed Dye Laser Therapy. This therapy works by enhancing the growth of elastin and collagen protein.
All the preventive measures and treatments can help to fade the stretch marks. However, none can guarantee complete disappearance of the marks. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.