Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
I consulted a doctor for my gender identity problem this is what she said This is nothing to be ashamed of ,that I have more of male hormones and less of female hormones that is the reason of I feeling like a guy. I can dress the way I want blah blah. But what is the solution for this? Shall I change my gender. Does it make me to feel more comfortable. If it. Where can I find the doctor for my sex reassignment surgery ie. FTM transition.
Pregnancy brings with it not only joy and celebrations, but also a lot of physical pain for the mother. This is not unexpected as the body has gone through a lot of transformation to nurture the baby within for almost 9 months and then finally deliver the baby. Whether it is a natural delivery or cesarean section, the immediate period after childbirth has a lot of pain to manage. Let us look at some of the major pains and ways to manage them - broadly categorized into abdominal and breastfeeding pain.
Abdominal pain. In the abdominal area, there are different areas that experience pain due to different reasons and need to be managed well.
Incision pain: If you had a cesarean section, then the incisions will itch and pain. Pain killers can be used for relief but the incisions will take some months to completely become normal. If there are associated symptoms like redness or bleeding, then it is a cause for concern.
Uterine contractions: With the uterus shrinking back to its original size after delivery, there are lot of contractions which can be painful. This will subside over the next few days but can be severe and take longer for second and third deliveries. This should be completely gone by the sixth week checkup.
Vaginal or perineal pain: If you have had normal delivery, then there would be an enormous amount of pressure in the vaginal and perineal (area between the vagina and anus) areas. There could even be tear in some cases (created by the doctor or accidental during birth) and would need repair. This can be more severe compared to other pains and will take longer to disappear. There could also be dryness in some women. The following will help ease the pain:
- Ease the pressure on the bottom by lying down as much as possible and resting
- Apply a cold gel pad to the area
- Warm baths
- Pelvic floor exercise which help healing by improving blood flow
- Use warm water to wash the area and pat dry to reduce the itching sensation
- Keep the area clean to avoid infection both to yourself and the baby
- opical creams may be used in some areas to relieve both the pain and the itching
Breastfeeding pain: An improper latch (the way the infant sucks) can lead to breastfeeding pain. A lactation consultant or a nurse can help train the mother and the infant. Breasts filled up with milk can also lead to painful, engorged feeling. Breast pumping or hand pumping can help relieve the pain.
These pains, though not deniable, can be managed with a little extra care so you can enjoy the newfound joy of motherhood.
I am having burning and itching in vagina last few days. It increased after intercourse. Please advice.
I hv had my periods on 8 Dec but my nxt period not come yet. Today is 34th day. My cycle is 26-28 days but my last cycle is of 32 days. I also take a home pregnancy test it is negative. please give me any suggestion.
I had suffered from anul fissure in the month of December. But I got it treated. Now today I again got that same pain. And breastfeeding my 4 month old. What medication should I take. Which will not affect my breastfeeding and my baby.
What foods and drinks to be taken and what to avoid after ovulation means my egg raptured on 29th july so help me what to eat and notfrom today. Can I take egg Omlet or not , we are planning for baby, so help me out. And what is the chances of conceiving we have done intercourse on 28th done at 8: 30 pm, on 30th done at 2: 30 am means night of 29th and on 31st done at 4 am. All time I stay on bed with pillow under butts for 1 hour each, help me.
I am a pregnant of 4th month but regularly i'm suffering with abdominal pain and vaginal infection that mean white discharge and severe itching what should I do can you please help me.
I am married from last 3 years with a baby of 2 years. I am not so much interested in having relation with my husband for many days. I have not any interest in sexual life. What is the reason behind this.
She asked about female reproductive organs that she had problem of excess water fall that caused her tiredness. So what's the cause of it and cure? I asked her not leave water intake after intercourses or water fall as it causes huge loss of energy.help me on this
She is 22 years old she is trying for baby for 3 months but not conceived and having having periods in 25 days or 27 days cycle. What to do?
I a m 23 year old girl and I had 13 weeks of pregnancy and I do not want child now I m very stress I want to go an legal abortion please guide me I already took mifepristone 200 mg but nothing happened please tell me is any medicine still work for 15 weeks almost or surgical abortion please guide me how to go legal abortion.
I am sixteen weeks pregnant. I have so much vomit problem so dat I can not drink milk. Suggest me what can I do for my baby's growth. My weight also less during pregnancy.
I am 26 year old I have irregular periods problem, my periods usually happen after three to four months. Two year back I got married. And from last one year me and my husband v both are trying. For the baby. I am afraid whether I will get pregnant or not. please help me out.
I want to tone my tummy as after becoming a mummy I have developed a pouch becuse of 2 cyerian. I have 2 daughters aged 7 and 4.
Me and my gf had sex after 3 days of mens that on 13th sept and 14th sept she take an ipill. In 20th sept she start bleeding for 4 days. That time she got average bleeding. Not so heavy not so low. After that till now she do not get her period. Is there is any chance of pregnancy.
To remain fit and free from diseases it is not just enough to make healthy lifestyle choices, one should make a conscious effort to convert these choices into regular habits. Healthy habits make our lives happier, reduce stress and help in maintaining a healthy body and mind.
You can enrich your life by adding these habits to your life -
1. Exercise regularly - Starting a regular exercise regimen can help you in getting fit. Apart from the physical benefits, exercise help release endorphins in the body which are also known as the feel-good hormone as they make you happier.
2. Eat a healthy breakfast - The breakfast is the first meal of the day, so eating a nutritious breakfast that contains a healthy balance of carbohydrates, protein and fiber will keep you satiated and provide energy. Eating breakfast also helps to curb binge eating which may promote weight gain.
3. Stop smoking - Smoking can cause damage to the cardiovascular system in the body which can lead to increased chances of blood pressure problems.
4. Take the stairs - Using the stairs instead of the elevator burns more calories and also increases your aerobic fitness.
5. Avoid the phone before bedtime - If you use your phone before you go to sleep, then it can harm your quality of sleep. The light of the phone screen contains certain wavelengths which disrupt the hormone melatonin that is responsible for regulating sleep.
6. Meditate regularly - Meditating on a regular basis reduces stress, enhances your concentration and promotes overall wellbeing.
7. Avoid processed foods - Eating natural foods such as fruits and vegetables reduces chances of gaining weight and getting affected by disorders of the digestive system. It also helps in improving the health of your skin.
8. Drink green tea - Green tea is packed with antioxidants and nutrients which restrict the formation of free radicals. It also increases the metabolic rate of the body which can cause fat loss.
9. Do balancing exercises - Simply standing on one leg for 10 seconds can enhance your mobility and balance which will be beneficial for you in carrying out your everyday movements.