Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Borivali west, Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Surendra K. PatilYour feedback matters!
The countdown has already begun and 2 days are left for the arrival of 2016. The upcoming new year party is an occasion to dance, eat and rejoice with our friends and family. Everyone aspires to look gorgeous, look stunning and look beautiful. All that one need’s to do this party season is getting back in shape.
We need to make some healthy choices so that there is a steady weight loss. Take a look at some of the exciting tips for losing weight this party season.
Follow these tips and lose weight instantly this party season and to look stunning!
1. The Green Tea Effect - The best beverage
Consuming green tea more than twice a day shall keep the metabolism process active, this shall help in losing weight. The more the fat burning takes place, the lesser one needs to work on losing.
2. The Honey, Lemon and Luke warm water everyday
This amazing mixture should be consumed right in the morning before the breakfast on an empty stomach. Following this practice, it will not only help in reducing weight and make you look slim but also give you a glowing skin.
3. Yoghurt - A must-have dairy product
Yoghurt is a highly effective food which has to be included in the regular diet plan to make sure there is no fat accumulation around the tummy.
4. Exercise regularly for a healthy body
Regular exercise makes us active, fit and healthy. It also helps in burning calories. One must perform light exercises everyday for about half and hour to one hour.
5. A big No-No to Fatty foods
Avoid ghee, oil, butter, cheese, maida, potatoes, rice and sweetened products. We all may love non-vegetarian delicacies, but try to run away from spicy, oily and non-vegetarian food.
It is very difficult to resist ourselves and stick to a diet plan. But one can always give a try. After all, everybody appreciates a person with a sound mind and a healthy body. Give it a try, it will definitely do wonders.
I am 30 years unmarried girl, PCOD sufferer kindly suggest me what should I do as I have gained 15 kg weight
Here are 6 mistakes women frequenty make without realising it-
1) Not Initiating Sex: It is a myth that women are not interested in sex as much as men. Neither should men have to be the traditional intiators. In fact, because most guys feel that they are always the initiators, it tends to set up disequilibrium on the passion levels in the relationship. Women must show interest by taking the first step every now and then. Your partner will really appreciate it, and it will also be very satisfying for you.
2) Not Guiding Him: It might be awkward for a woman to directly talk about what she wants, but it is the only way to lead your man to understand what works for you. If you let your man know what you like and what you do not, it is easier for him and makes for a good experience for both.
3) Bothering About Your Looks: Accept and appreciate your body. Concerns about how you look, during intercourse stops you from enjoying yourself and ruins your chances of achieving an orgasm. Men want their partners to abandon themselves during the act. All they really care about is your enthusiasm, energy, interest and flexibity.
4) Assuming Men Are Casual About It: It is a myth that men are not romantic or take sex casually. It is important for them. Both men and women find sexual intimacy in the context of a committed relationship to be much more satisfying.
5) Assuming He Should Be Up For It Always: There are many aspects of life that men, just like you, deal with daily. The pressures of daily rouitne -- work, family, bills – sometimes affects a man’s libido. Women tend to be surprised by this and often take a man’s lack of interest in sex personally. Give your man space to be and accept things naturally.
6) Getting Upset When He Suggests Something New: Men like to experiement. And if he suggests something new that you cannot appreciate, try to convey it in a very subtle manner. Do not get upset. Always talk about your comfort level and discuss openly about moral grounds.
Have any further questions on your sexual health and relationships? Click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.
Of the few things which make summers in the sub-continent somewhat bearable, the watermelon is certainly a chart-topper. Nothing can refresh our tired and dehydrated bodies more than juicy watermelon cubes after a day at the office. The very sight of the large green fruit quenches our thirst somehow.
For a fruit this delicious, the benefits may seem add-ons but take a look at the following and you are sure to jump into the watermelon fan club, in case you are not a member yet:
1. Hydrates the body
The water content in the fruit is more than 90%. Having as little as a cup full of watermelon cubes replenishes fluid level in the body. Electrolytes like calcium, magnesium, potassium and iron are present in abundance that aids the rehydration process.
2. Rejuvenates eye and skin health
Watermelon has a very high vitamin a content. This is a powerful anti-oxidant that fights free radicals in the body and is great for vision and skin. Vitamin a goes a long way in boosting the body's immunity as well.
3. Promotes health of vital organs
Watermelon is a source of potassium. This essential mineral controls blood pressure and the heart rate thereby ensuring proper functioning of the heart. Also, the kidney is another organ that is benefited owing to the water and mineral content of the fruit.
4. Relieves muscle pains
Arginine is an amino acid that improves blood circulation in the body and relaxes the tissue. Watermelon contains the amino acid citrulline that is synthesized into arginine automatically in the body. Thus, it is a food of choice for athletes.
5. Reduces tanning
Watermelon is the richest natural source of lycopene, an antioxidant that combats UV-ray induced free radicals which cause sunburns. Owing to this, only two cups of watermelon can help you get brighter and glowing skin.
6. Promotes sexual health
Studies have shown the fruit to beef up libido in humans. The improved circulation owing to essential minerals present in the fruit will certainly improve performance in the bed.
7. Improves sleep
A few slices of the fruit before bed-time induces the body to secrete serotonin that helps us get deep sleep that is necessary after all the action the fruit promises to help us get.
8. Combats cancer
The lycopene present in watermelon has been shown by some studies to combat the spread of cancer.
9. Low in calories
For its size and roundness, the fruit's calorie and fat content are incredibly low. Thus, using this tasty treat to satiate your hunger is a healthy lifestyle thing. The cholesterol levels also do not go up at all from having watermelon.
It is recommended to have 2 cups of watermelon daily or as frequently as you can get your hands on it. Going up to anywhere between three to four cups should be absolutely fine. So, go ahead and indulge in the goodness of this delicious and hydrating fruit this summer. Stay healthy, stay happy!
Dear doctor I have take menoreg syrup and ovral g as last 2 months ago miscarriage. So what is the use of menoreg syrup?
Hi my Dr. Has suggest me clomifene citrate from day 5th to 9th of cycle. On day 12th Dr. Scan me he says no follicle seen in ovary. So come to me next cycle. Now on day 33rd of cycle my period has come. If follicles not develop then how my period come on timely. Now for conceiving what next step of treatment if chlomophene not work.
Having sex on 12th day can be a pregnant? What are the days to get a pregnancy? What are the tips of getting faster pregnancy?
Belotero balance- the dermal filler that is used to smooth moderate-to-severe etched-in lines and wrinkles on your face is now available in your area!
Visit dermaworld skin & hair clinics and attain back your young & glowing skin with the best technology in the world.
For appointments & details, please contact: +91-9911100050 (rajouri garden); +91-9911300050 (new rajinder nagar)
#dermaworldskinclinics #drrohitbatra #beloterobalance
I had pcos taking metformin. I read abt normoz medicine is good for pcos. Can I take both medicines together.
Motor tics are generally experienced by children, and the symptoms can last up to one year. This disorder is characterised by brief and uncontrolled spasm like motions which are also accompanied by screams and other outbursts. If the physical and vocal tics come together for each attack, then the condition is known as Tourette Syndrome. Motor tics may occur due to problems in the functioning of the neurotransmitters in the child’s brain. These are chemicals that are usually responsible for transmitting signals throughout the brain, and a malfunction can lead to serious issues. Here are a few Homeopathic ways of dealing with this disorder.
Selective Treatment: Homeopathy will provide a form of ad hoc care that can help in treating the various symptoms that are associated with these tics. The symptoms include obsessive compulsive disorder as well as the tendency of exhibitionism. Also, the mechanical repetition of actions with head jerking movements and lip biting as well as wincing are some of the main symptoms that one will experience in such cases. While most of these symptoms tend to vanish as one progresses towards adulthood, it has been found that Ignata and Cuprum Metallicum are some of the Homeopathic medicines that can help in treating these symptoms, as well as painful facial tics. Agaricus Muscarius can also help in treating the symptoms of motor tics.
Prevention: The point of Homeopathy medication is also to prevent the occurrence of such tics. Cina 15 CH can be prescribed for this purpose along with Zinc Metallicum. Also, these medicines will help in treating the anxiety that the child may feel when suffering from this condition. Further, many Homeopath doctors will recommend and administer a Hyoscyamus based treatment to deal with this aspect of the condition. Hysteria and violent movements can also be prevented with the help of Staphysagria.
Involuntary Movements: The treatment of involuntary movements felt as a part of this condition can take place with the help of Homeopathic medicines like Sepia, China, Zinc and Lycopodium. A Gelasium-based treatment can also be prescribed in case the tics are accompanied by violent head movements and hysterical fits.
Visit to a Doctor: For most Homeopathic treatments, especially for conditions like these, it is important that you visit the doctor for physical examination. Based on your symptoms, the doctor will provide the right dosage and right treatment. Also its important to monitor the progress so that the diseased can be managed. In some cases, if the symptoms cannot be contained by the medication, one may require immediate hospitalisation. The doctor may also check for symptoms related to Parkinson’s Disease, as many times tics are a symptom of this disease, especially when they are experienced by adults. In most cases, these patients react well to Homeopathy based treatment methods.
Hello Doctor, I am married for six month. After marriage all of sudden my periods started coming late like 2 or more then 2 months later. I consulted with a doctor now my periods are on time and my period date is 26 but last month I had intercourse on these dates 5,6,7,8,9,10 and I was expecting to be get pregnant but result was negative. I just want to know is there any problem in me. I'm so scared and one more thing that me and my husband doesn't live together due to our job.
When one not use a condom during intercourse, and how should one use a pill? Can you clearly give me the picture?
Hi I am suffering from pcod, thyroid and my one fallopian tube is infected. What I have to do ? I am very frustrated now.
Due to marriage function, I took pills to delay the period cycle. I want to know that is there any problem in taking pills?
My periods are coming from over 1 month. Continue bleeding but very less just a spot. I didn't even use pad. I am having PCOD and thyroid. I'm worried am I okay?
We are planning for a baby so I wanna know which is the most appropriate days in her cycle to have sex so that my wife can conceive.
Preconception care refers to the care that a woman should take before getting pregnant. This refers to all the procedures and measures to be taken by a woman before pregnancy for maintaining good health before giving birth. Good preconception care also ensures proper health of the to-be-born child. Seeking information about pregnancy is also a part of preconception care by which a woman can prepare herself better physically and emotionally before childbirth. Visiting doctors and health practitioners is a part of preconception care. The body is prepared for giving birth during preconception care.
Nutritional supplements during preconception care:
Certain nutritional supplements are recommended for women during this stage. Folic acid is an important vitamin which enables healthy growth and development of the baby. Folic acid reduces birth defects like spina bifida.
Other healthy supplements which a woman may require during preconception care include iron, zinc and calcium. A healthy, balanced diet and drinking a lot of water are also important.
Visiting a doctor is necessary during the preconception care. You will require a detailed physical health checkup and required guidelines from a health expert. Recommended blood tests include full blood count, testing of ferritin levels and testing for rubella. Urine tests and blood pressure checkup are also vital. You can also take the package for Living Healthy - Woman.
Moreover, several measures and steps must be followed by a woman. They include the following:
- Having a proper diet with sufficient water intake along with nutritional supplements is very important.
- A woman during preconception care should quit smoking or reduce the amount of smoking profusely.
- Large amount of caffeine should be avoided. A woman should consume less caffeine containing products such as coffee, chocolates or soft drinks.
- Alcohol should be avoided strictly as it may reduce the chance of pregnancy.
- Medication without recommendation of the doctor should be avoided. A woman should not use any medicine without being prescribed by the doctor.
- Contact with any kind of chemical should be avoided and natural, environment-friendly cleaning products should be used.
- Overheating of the body should be avoided, and a woman during preconception care should keep away from spas and saunas.
- A regular exercise schedule must be taken up for health benefits regarding pregnancy. Lack of working out may give rise to various health problems in women before pregnancy.
- Any kind of stressful activity should be abstained from, and a woman during preconception care should not lift heavy objects, which cause strain.
- Relaxation techniques should be practiced by a woman to keep mentally healthy.
A woman during the preconception care period should follow all required guidelines given by a doctor. Avid care of the body should be taken to ensure a healthy childbirth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gynaecologist and ask a free question.