Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. SurekhaYour feedback matters!
My son is 5years old he does not speak clearly he does not stammer but sound of his voice is not clear.
I'm 22 years old, i. M preparing for upsc. I feel sleepy when I start reading news paper. Pls help me. I want to do IAS for my country and my people. Please.
Stress can take a toll on your health in more ways than one and your sexual health is greatly and adversely impacted by stress. Stress can take a toll on the emotional relationship you share with your partner and also your own physical health, thus resulting in a hampered sex life.
Stress and Our Libido:
By now, we know that hormones affect our bodies in numerous ways from childhood to adolescence, pregnancy, menopause and beyond. Cortisol is one of the hormones produced by stress, and you might have heard of it if you’ve ever seen those late night diet pill commercials with the image of the pixelated woman gaining weight in her abdomen. Our bodies need this hormone, but in small doses for short bursts of time. If elevated levels of Cortisol are being produced for a prolonged period of time, they suppress our sex hormones. Lower quantity of sex hormones equals lower libido.
Impact of Stress on Sex:
- Stress takes a toll on libido.
- Low levels of libido imply lesser secretion of sex hormones, thus, affecting your sex life.
- Stress can interfere with your fertility, ovulation and sperm count.
- Stress can cause a shift in the hormones. In women, the change in hormones manifests in the form of an irregular ovulatory cycle.
- Loss of intimacy.
- Being under stress constantly can lead to anger, emotional outbursts, depression and loss of intimacy with your partner; thus affecting your sexual relations.
- Stress also affects your body image negatively, thus leading to unpleasant and bad sex.
How to rejuvenate your sex life?
- Communicate your feelings: Many a times, communicating and sharing your feelings, desires and anxiety with your partner might be all that you need to rejuvenate your sex life.
- Regular exercise and proper sleep: 20-30 minutes of body work out or a session of yoga everyday helps you to de-stress. A proper eight-hour sleep cycle will also go a long way in de-stressing you.
- Supplements to boost your libido and energy: Taking multivitamins, minerals, zinc and other supplements helps to boost your energy levels and libido, thus allowing you to enjoy your sex life to the fullest.
- Set the mood correctly: Set the right mood before your intimate sessions; with some soothing music, aromatic fragrance and dim lights. This can and will enhance your sex life by promoting relaxation, happiness and overall emotional well being. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist and ask a free question.
Which medicine is better for depression for long term use? Escitalopram (Nexito 10 mg) or amisulpride 50 mg. Pls give advise.
Hello All, I feel like something stuck in my throat before 2 months ago I had anxiety disorder but now i'm good is that okay if I feel something stuck in my throat from 2 Months till date no pain but tightness in throat specially when I'm hungry. It's making me worried. God bless you.
I am 27 year old suffering from general anxiety disorder. I take sertraline for 1 month but not recovery then Doctor change the medicine Desvenlafaxine 50 mg .is this effected on my general anxiety disorder. please reply me.
I hav chronic depression and anxiety I couldn't able to think properly my mind is with full of stuff and my thoughts are abnormal.
Am suddenly going to extreme anger. And with fractions of seconds am laughing. Nearly two times attempted suicide. And if I go to depression I'll go to some diloma nd I don't remember wt happens nd wt I do. And in depression I'll always see 3 persons. What is dis disease and what their symptoms nd effects causing.
If a psychotic patient is not accepting his condition what are the possibilities of recovery and how much time it would take? Do these patients actually accept they are not well?
Have black spots as well as pimples and my pack and irregular diet and whit loss. I am feeling angry and physically and emotional feeling.
I have a sedentary lifestyle, work in a stressful environment, can not have home food. Have gained 11 kg in the last 1 year and need to lose 20 kg. Please help!
Hello Sir, I am 26 years old boy I have a question for my health I am so much thin my weigh right now 49 to 50 house I am working now in a ware house and I don't have time to spend me time for my health so, I am firs treating and also smoking weed sometime and cigarette smoking daily . Give me some suggestion please to have to improve my health & wealth.
My mom is behaving like mad. Talking to herself. She is saying that she is hearing some voices. Not sleeping in night. She also said I am hearing buzz sound every time. Is it related to ear problem or any other Mental Disorder?
Stress is not mental tension. Stress is burden on your body and mind. When it is within your capacity, it improves your system. You feel energetic. When it outgrows your capacity, you feel tired and weak. Burden could be physical, like working day and night without rest. Or it could be financial burden. An impending wedding or hospitalization can be a cause of your stress. If you are hiding something in the mind for a long time, it becomes a cause of your stress.
Work related stress is usually overworking beyond 8 hours. Continuous focussing on job cause mental fatigue. Young persons don't feel it. So they overlook it and continue working. Initial first symptoms could be heartburn, indigestion, headache, bodyache or infections. Later you have high blood pressure, kidney stone, gout, skin diseases. Still later thyroid, diabetes, pcod, liver disease raise their head.
Stress is the root cause. If it is not treated, your disease will keep on increasing and your dependence on medicine will continue.