Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
I am 21 years female having a problem of pcos in border line. My thyroid profile is normal. I didn't use any medication for pcos. No my problem is that I am not getting my periods regularly. I used to take promlt_N 10mg OD for 5 days and got periods since 3 months. Using this hormone pills is good or not? Pls give me suggestion what I have to do.
I am 25 years old after my first cesserion delivery my weight gains very fast and now it is 74 kg. Can you suggest me and medicine for lossing weight very fast. Or can I take" pure cambogia ultra" with 60hca. Please suggest me what can I do?
Polycystic ovarian syndrome is the condition when a woman's sex hormone levels get imbalanced. This can cause women to have irregular periods and may also have an impact on their fertility. Women suffering from PCOS also tend to grow small cysts in their ovaries which can also lead to severe health problems like diabetes and heart disease, if left untreated.
What causes PCOS?
The exact cause of PCOS is not known. However, the condition may be triggered by hormonal imbalances and genetic factors. Women are more susceptible to developing this condition if their mother or a female family member also has the condition. Excessive production of androgen, which is a male sex hormone, may also lead to this condition. Women suffering from PCOS tend to have high levels of androgen. The formation of eggs and their release during ovulation can be delayed by high levels of androgen. High androgen levels may result from excess insulin present in the blood. Poor lifestyle and irregular eating habits contribute to obesity which intern leads to increased insulin resistance and hence delayed ovulation and irregular cycles leading to infertility.
What are the symptoms of PCOS?
The type of symptom in case of PCOS varies from person to person. Since PCOS is characterized by low levels of sex hormones, this condition may lead to symptoms such as:
- Excessive hair growth on stomach, face, chest, toes and thumbs
- The breast size starts to shrink
- There is a change in voice, making it deeper
- There is excessive loss of hair from your scalp
- Sometimes the face is filled with acne and the skin turns oily
- There are fertility problems like having trouble in ovulating or recurring miscarriages
- Frequent depression or mood swings
- Facing breathings problems while sleeping
Hello Dr. I have pcod problem .my age is 22 .I had take treatment for this problem along 1 year and also I do diet and exercise .but there is nothing solve any problem I have take harmony f and then ridhiva tablets as per Dr. prescription but my problem is continue from 4 th month my periods are missing ,now what can I do. Dr.
Hi, I got married 10 months back. I was 5 months pregnant but I got abortion last week due to cervix incompetence. I got normal delivery pains and got abortion with a boy with gastroschisis. But from 2 days I am getting light white liquid from my right breast. It is not much but very light. What is it and why is that liquid coming?
I had sex last night and I ate about half of a pineapple today. But I happened to hear that it prevent from being pregnant. Is that true? Do it prevent me from being pregnant?
Hi I got my period on 10th in Jan and 14th in Feb. This month I didn't get my period yet. I had pregnancy test on 17th it's negative. So wat to do now. Pls suggest.
My wife has two chocolate cysts in the right ovary and has been suggested two options - 1. Remove by laparoscopic surgery. 2. Reduce size of chocolate cysts by taking injections (lupride Depot 3.75 mg) for 2-3 months and then remove by laparoscopic surgery. Reducing size will make the surgery easier for doctor and recovery easier for patient due to reduced adhesions. I have read somewhere that these are supposed to be injected within 5 days of period date, please tell me if this is true? Her last period was on 14 the July, so can we inject lupride Depot 3.75 mg now or should we wait for her next period in August? Which of the above two options is more recommended?
Homeopathy is an alternative system of medicine which is side-effect free and it aims to cure various ailments by uprooting their cause. It is a relatively gentle system of medicine and its effects start showing gradually with an immune response. Some of the most common myths associated with homeopathy are:
Myth 1: Homeopathic medicines are placebos
Placebos are usually tablets, pills or other such solid oral medications which do not contain an active drug inside them and are ineffective. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), homeopathy is the world's second largest system of medicine. These medicines are not at all useless and they are highly effective as well.
Myth 2: Slow to act and not usable in acute cases
Homeopathic medicines are usually taken in cases of chronic and long-lasting ailments such as arthritis. But there is no such rule that it cannot be taken for curing temporal or viral disorder such as common cold or fever. In fact, they work very well in case of ailments like these and sometimes even faster than allopathic medicine options.
Myth 3: All homeopathic medicines are the same
Due to their physical appearance, all homeopathic medicines might look the same, but in reality, their functionality is very different from each other. Homeopathic medicines usually come from 3000 plant and mineral sources. The most common forms in which homeopathic medicines are manufactured are small, white round pellets, white powder and transparent liquid forms.
Myth 4: Homeopathy is not helpful in surgical issues
Surgical conditions such as hemorrhoids, chronic ear discharge, fissures, and corns are apparently believed to be only treated by allopathic medicines. But this is not the truth. In fact, homeopathy is one of the most effective means of getting rid of your surgery related scars using common agents like calendula.
Myth 5: Homeopathy cannot be combined with allopathy
Normally speaking, allopathic medicines are generally suppressive and they reduce the symptoms occurrences whereas, the homeopathic system is more focused towards going deep to the root cause of the problem and eradicating the same. If taken together, these two systems of medicine will cause you no undesirable side effects and both can work well simultaneously.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Dealing with Migraine through Homeopathy
I miss my periods. I take morning pill on 14 april then I have light bleeding on 21 april. Last time my period on 3 april and I also do home urine test it shows negative but my periods still not come.
Sedentary lifestyles have taken a toll our health, impacting the stamina of our body. Whether you are an athlete or a regular person who requires building physical and mental stamina in order to easily perform daily tasks, try these 5 highly effective ways to do so.
- Stay hydrated: Drinking adequate quantity of water goes a long way in maintaining a good stamina level and also building it gradually. Water also helps fight muscle fatigue and you can also combine its consumption with certain sports drinks such as gatorade.
- Maintain a stable sleep schedule: Chronic sleep disorders have been known to lead to troublesome issues such as rapid weight gain and high blood pressure. It is very essential to get sound sleep for an adequate time period on a daily basis in order to keep your body fresh and increase stamina.
- Follow a strict exercise regime: Exercise is the best way to help your body build up stamina and increase energy levels. People who exercise on a regular basis are likely to develop an improved endurance level and stamina. Also, these people have lower fatigue levels. Try and work out for at least half an hour every day.
- Maintain a healthy diet: Food products rich in nutrients are bound to give a credible stamina boost to your body. Include foods in your diet that are rich sources of carbohydrates and starches, such as vegetables, fruits and lean meats. Also, eat small meals and consume them throughout the day.
- Keep a positive attitude: A positive attitude helps a lot in keeping your brain cells energetic and excited. Try and focus on the work at hand and complete it in the best way possible. A healthy mind is bound to keep you feeling good and healthy, thus boosting your mental stamina.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.