Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
Submit a review for Dr. Surdhi RathiYour feedback matters!
I consume alcohol daily/regularly. Now I want to quit alcohol completely. Is there any problem if I quit it suddenly. Please suggest me some ideas to quit alcohol.
Till how long benfotiamine, inositol, mecobalamin, chromium picolinate & alpha lipoic acix stay in the body as psychiatrist had given me to manage stress and now its creating a problem in doing multiple tasks and proper concentration and what possible thing I can do to reverse the side effects as already I have stopped taking the medicine but took it for 25 days once a day: dosage-benfotiamine (150mg, mecobalamin (1500mcg, alpha lipoic acid (100mg, chromium picolinate (200mcg, inositol (150mg)
I was a very fun loving and happy go lucky boy but now I lack such confidence , energy and is a bit more agressive in nature. Sometimes I fill very low and emotional.
I smoke regularly. But not a chain smoker, I want to detoxify the whole body. Pls suggest me some method.
I think I have some memory problem. I cannot remember something for a long time. Give me some advice to remember my study notes. Thank you.
I am balesh 24 years old .i have a talking problem that means I have taken so much time to speak some words. Its not came with my birth. I have problem this from my 5th class. Please give me suggestion that to which doctor I need to consult to solve my problem.
Sir, Due to over loading work I am always depress. And it is bound to work. So have you any medicines or idea for me to how to decrease the depression?
Sir I am 37 year old, my problem is I don't remember any thing even name of a person, sir it is affecting my professional life, please help me to come this problem.
My sister Eats chalks and cements why this happens how can it be cured? She is eating it from last 6years can it be harmful?
I am 50 years old. I am feeling lonely always. Though I am pre occupied with heavy work still I am feeling aloof. I do not want to talk with any body. I do not encourage friends much. I do not believe any body. Some times some questions arise in my mind. What is the purpose of my life? Is it necessary to live still longer?
Benefits of tobacco cessation are many. You reduce your risk for hypertension, cancer, cardio-vascular diseases and other serious chronic diseases substantially, at whatever age you quit your nicotine habit. The earlier you quit, the more you benefit. If you quit before the age of 50, you bring down your risk of dying from smoking-related diseases by 50%. But if you’ve crossed 60, suffer from heart disease and/or hyper tension, you can manage these diseases better through tobacco cessation.
Here are a few other health benefits of stopping tobacco use:
- Reduces risks of heart disease, cancer especially lung cancer and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Cuts down risks of Impotence due to erectile dysfunction in men, and fertility problems in women
- Optic neuropathy affects the optic nerve that conducts visual signals from the eyes to the brain
- Cataract Macular degeneration is breakdown of the tissue at the back of the eye
- Gum disease
- Losing teeth early
- Osteoporosis or spongy, thin bones
- Complications in pregnancy i.e. women who smoke have more complications during pregnancy and have low-birth babies.
Your food and drink also tastes better once you kick the tobacco habit.
So, how can you stop smoking? Are there any medications and strategies available? The answer is a definite ‘Yes’. Tobacco cessation has been honed into an art these days.
- Clinics: There are tobacco cessation clinics that help you with tobacco cessation. These are manned by psychiatrists, who can provide detailed information, encouragement, and tips to stop smoking.
- Medications: You can use many medicines while you’re trying to stop smoking. This increases your chance of quitting and including nicotine replacement therapy (NRT). NRT can be in the form of gums, sprays, patches, tablets, lozenges, and inhalers. NRT is even available without a prescription. Medicines called bupropion and varenicline also very useful.
- Electronic cigarettes: Electronic cigarettes or e-cigarettes are designed to look and feel like normal cigarettes. These contain a heating element that vapourises a solution and looks like smoke. Some may also contain low levels of nicotine. There is currently controversial evidence on their efficacy.
- Counselling and behavioural therapy: They are both very effective too, especially if you are being guided by a cessation expert. He or she can help you with a personalised quit plan, including ways to cope with nicotine withdrawal. Apart from this, online support is also available for those who don’t have the time or money to engage in personal, face-to-face counseling. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.