Find numerous Nephrologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Nephrologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Surat KhalYour feedback matters!
I am a diabetic patients and 19 years old when started taking medicine for diabetes my urine colour change from white to yellowish is it okay or should I do something for it.
Sir mujhe right kidney me stone hai 3 mm ka kya main opreation karwa lu ya dawa se theek ho sakta hai. Uchit raay de.
Hello. One of my best friend is 7weeks pregnant as per ultrasound. But the heart beat of baby still not found as per doc. Blood is coming out through urine. Is it any serious condition? For baby or mother? How can it identify or solved?
I'm 31 underwent 3 miscarriage 1 year back. After that have issues like breast discharge , I'm not able to conceive again and frequent urine infection. .
Dear sir/madam, Just After dinner I going to toilet so please tell me what is this and how to relax for above?
I am having kidney stone and now it's in left distal ureterical 7 mm calculus. What should I do now. It will easily come outside or I have to take operated by laser. Please give me a suggestion.
From last five im facing burning sensation after urine n feeling frequency urine n I have done all reports n medicine but there is no result please suggest me what 2 do.
My daughter 10 year old, she have urine infection, consult doctors they replied to drink more water, nothing medicine for the same, so kindly give the advice.
I got married in may this year but last week after having sex with my husband, then after two days I frequently went to urination but to my surprise I eventually found that there was some blood along with urine and whenever I think that urine is over I got up but then again I felt like I have to use the toilet again. Can you please help me in this matter.
I have USG for KUB Rt. Kidney is 96*48 nd cortical thick of 13 mm Lt. Kidney is 106*51 nd cortical thick 13 mm B/L kidneys are normal in size position nd sinus echogenisity No overfilling is seen in either kidney LEFT KIDNEY _ shows overfilling and dilatation of Lt. Ureter nd 5 mm calculus is seen in left lower ureter at veisco ureteric junction. What should I do, tell me please help me, I am getting so much pain.
I am having stones (painless) 20mm in left and 10 mm in right I tried lot of medicines but im having 0 results Two years passed with these stones What should I do?
My brother ejects red urine recent days and our family doctor said that it's just a infection. Is this is a threatening one.
My Father in law is 65 years old he has developed 16 mm stone in his kidney will it be dissolved by medicines or he needs a surgery.
Dear Doctor, I have undergone Renal Transplant on 3rd. December (ABO Barrier). Could you advice me the diet instructions?
After having sex or masturbation in night, next morning 1st urine will come in" start & stop" manner. It means, it starts then stop then again start and then again stop, like this 2-3 times. And body feels like that there is less force in body to throw urine out of the body. What is the reason?
" The theme of world kidney day 2017 is “kidney disease and obesity. Healthy lifestyle for healthy kidneys”"
Quick kidney facts
On occassion of world kidney day 9th march 2017. Here are a few interesting facts about kidney.
They're not just your body's cleanup crew. Without them we’d be swimming in our own waste.
We’re born with a pair, yet we can manage with just one. That’s why you can donate a kidney and remain alive and well.
1. The kidneys have a higher blood flow than even the brain, liver or heart.
2. The kidneys reabsorb and redistribute 99% of the blood volume and only 0.1% of the blood filtered becomes urine.
3. Healthy kidneys work 24hrs a day/7 days a week to clean the blood.
4. Kidneys will continue performing until they have lost 75-80% of their function.
5. Kidneys represent only 0.5% of total body’s weight
6. The kidneys of a newborn baby are about 3x larger in proportion to body weight as in the adult.
7. Kidney stones are an accumulation of mineral salts and mostly combined with calcium which can lodge anywhere along the course of the urinary tract.
8. Refined carbohydrates and sugar will stimulate the pancreas to release insulin. This causes extra calcium to be excreted in the urine. Alas, kidney stones.
9. Kidney beans (rajma), true to their name are kidney shaped. They provide nutrients that are helpful to the human kidneys.
10. Each kidney contains 1 million individual filters. They filter an average of around 1.3 liters (2.2 pints) of blood per minute, and expel up to 1.4 liters (2.5 pints) a day of urine.
Take good care of such a vital organ.