Find numerous Nephrologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Nephrologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Surat Khal
Submit a review for Dr. Surat KhalYour feedback matters!
I am 27 year old female I have chronic UTI and cystitis in my urinary bladder .is it curable or dangerous .how much time it take to get cured I am worried.
I am ajeet chaurasia age 26 years. I am a student and suffering from from renal calculi. It is so paining and I use pain killers for tolerating pain. Please tell me what I should to remove stone from my kidney?
My father age 58 years is having stone in kidney about size 9 mm .earlier it was 5 mm then after few months report it was 4 mm and now the size has increased to 9 mm .what can be the solution please tell .stone is in left side.
The prostate gland is a male reproductive organ at the base of the urinary bladder and urethra is a thin tube that carries urine out of the penis. It runs through the prostate gland. A fluid produced by this gland helps to carry sperms produced by the testes outside during intercourse.
Cause of urinary problems in men
Men experience urinary symptoms either due to inflammation of the prostate gland or prostatitis or symptoms may be the result of a blockage of the passage due to enlargement of the prostate gland.
Symptoms of urinary problems
Urinary symptoms commonly experienced with prostate problems include;
- The need to urinate frequently during the night.
- Urinating more often during the day.
- Urinary urgency is the urge to urinate can be so strong and sudden that one may not reach the toilet in time.
- The urine stream is slow to start.
- Urine dribbling for some time after finishing urination.
- A sensation that the bladder is not fully emptied after urination.
- A lack of force to the urine flow, which makes directing the stream difficult.
- The sensation of needing to go again soon after urinating
- A long course of antibacterial medication (for bacterial prostatitis) is prescribed, because infection is difficult to get rid of, the antibacterial medication will need to be taken for many weeks.
- Medication to improve urine flow and other symptoms (for obstruction caused by an enlarged prostate).
- Surgical procedures (for blockage caused by an enlarged prostate), such as Transurethral Resection of the prostate(TURP), Laser Resection of prostate, Transurethral Incision of the prostate(TUIP).
A number of other procedures that have been developed to reduce urinary symptoms.
Medication for urinary problems
Various medications to help ease your urinary problems, including;
- Medications to reduce the tone of the muscles of the urethra and prostate to minimize any obstruction to urine flow caused when these muscles contract.
- Medication to reduce the size of the prostate gland. These drugs work by blocking the action of male hormones produced by the prostate gland.
- Medications to relax the bladder, making unwanted contractions less likely and reducing the symptoms of urgency and frequency of urination.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!