Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Suraj SuchakYour feedback matters!
I feel like I have a swelling around liver (right site) And I have also two kidney stone (5.6. 11.5mm) and also uric acid value 9 What is your recommendation Thanking you Naresh.
Nephrotic Syndrome is a condition which is characterised by the loss of protein into the urine (called proteinuria) as a result of increased glomerular permeability and oedema. This results in low protein level in the blood. The low levels of protein in blood result in the drawing of fluids into soft tissues. A severe form ‘hypoalbuminemia’ can cause scores of secondary diseases such as ascites (retention of fluid in the abdominal cavity), pleural effusion (build-up of fluids between the lungs and the chest), or high cholesterol. It can also result in retention of fluid in other parts of the body such as eyelids, lower extremities etc.
What can cause this?
Nephrotic syndrome is mainly caused by damage to the kidneys. This leads to an increase in the concentration of protein in the urine. In adults, it can be caused due to glomerulonephritis or damage to the glomerulus of the kidneys while in children it is likely caused by minimal change disease (kidney disease marked by the abnormal loss of protein through the urine).
The other common causes of nephritic syndromes are:
- Genetic disorder
- Immune disorder
- Use of specific drugs
- Certain diseases such as diabetes mellitus, lupus
- The incidence of this disease is seen more often in males than in females.
Diet that is recommended in Nephrotic Syndrome:
In patients diagnosed with Nephrotic syndrome, the intake of salt, fat and protein must be checked. There should be emphasis on the consumption of dietary fibres that are present in vegetables and fruits.
The intake of protein and fluid should also be monitored, but this solely depends on personal factors such as age, weight and condition of the patient. It is recommended to consult a renal dietician who can guide you appropriately.
- Sodium/salt intake: The sodium or salt intake must be restricted as it leads to high blood pressure and results in fluid retention in the body, thus causing oedema (build-up of fluids within the body cavities and tissues) in the body. Avoid processed food as it contains a lot of salt.
- Protein intake: Protein is an essential part of the diet as it helps in the general makeup of the body and development of muscles. The consumption of protein must be kept under check and it is the best to consult your dietician for this. Loss of protein in urine needs to be replaced by class 1 high quality proteins in nephrotic syndrome.
- Limit fat and cholesterol intake: It is always good to curb on bad cholesterol as it is the reason behind several heart diseases. But, with patients diagnosed with Nephrotic Syndrome, it is highly recommended to avoid food rich in fats. This means staying away from unhealthy fatty meat or junk food.
- Fluid intake: Fluid intake does not have to be necessarily reduced, but it is always good to consult your doctor for the same.
“You are what you eat”. Nephrotic syndrome can slowly progress to chronic kidney disease if the necessary steps are not taken to curb it in an early stage, and diet control is a major way to do so.
I am 29 years old male having multiple gall bladder stones 4mm, no symptoms identified so far except slight yellow coloration of eyes. Stones identified during routine medical checkup, and not due to any symptoms. Please suggest me any treatment other than gallbladder removal.
Hi Dr, just mins back my wife woke me telling she is unable to pass urine feeling pain at pelvis, where as stomach is heavy.
My friend has burning sensation when she goes for Urine. What is the solution to get rid of this Pls. She is 29 years old.
Hi, im asking about my mother she is suffering from urine infection, after the treatment she is having huge acidity now she can not eat any things she is vomit continue after having food. Please suggest me what is the best solution for her. She is now 48 years old. Please help us.
After cancer operation of colon in Nov. 2012, I feel Ok. But constipation is a problem. With medicines like Aristozyme and Creamafin Plus, the motion is loose and smelling. Without these medicines no motion at all. I took similar medicines from Ayurveda but the results were same. Kindly suggest
Enlarged prostate is a disorder which occurs more likely in elderly males. It is basically the enlargement of the prostate gland and is also known as Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy. The prostate enlargement impinges itself on the urethra, and causes increased urination and other urinary problems. Enlarged prostate is usually treated by surgical methods and there is a common belief that there is no other treatment for enlarged prostate other than surgery.
However, homeopathy is a field of medicine which can be used for the treatment of an enlarged prostate gland. Homeopathic medicines are organic and completely natural, and aim at treating the underlying cause of an enlarged prostate, instead of just curing the symptoms.
Here are some primary homeopathic medicines, which are used for enlarged prostate treatment, along with the symptoms when they are used.
- Baryta Carb: This homeopathic medicine is an effective cure for prostate gland enlargement, especially in aged people. Frequent urination is the first symptom of this type of prostate enlargement. An affected patient will develop an urge to urinate every now and then and there is a burning sensation in the urethra during urination. Degrading changes are noticed in the vascular, cardiac and cerebral system. Memory loss and decreased libido are observed. The patient cannot tolerate cold, and perspiration in the feet occurs.
- Digitalis: Digitalis is an ideal homeopathic remedy for enlarged prostate in people with heart problems accompanied by frequent urinary symptoms. This type of prostate enlargement is common in older men. The pulse rate may become irregular or abnormal and oedema is observed in internal and external parts. Swelling of sexual organs is also noticed.
- Staphysagria: This homeopathic medicine is used in cases of an enlarged prostate gland along with dysuria. There is pain during urination and the patient feels pressure on the urinary bladder, and urination seems to be incomplete. Burning in the urethra while urinating is observed, and the sensation lasts even after urination.
- Conium: Conium is another efficient homeopathic medicine for curing prostate gland enlargement accompanied by frequent urination. This condition may arise due to an injury or a blow. Induration and hardening of the gland are caused, and it feels like a stone. There is great trouble in urination, and it seems incomplete.
- Sabal Serrulata: This is a popular homeopathic medicine for an enlarged prostate gland and is considered to be one of the best medicines for this disorder. Symptoms include irritation in urinary organs and increased urge for urination at night.
Homeopathy is considered to be an ideal treatment for an enlarged prostate gland for people who want to avoid surgery. With no side effects, homeopathy works naturally and gives great results.