Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Suraj SuchakYour feedback matters!
I have diagnosed with kidney stone in my right side ureter. Size is 7.5 mm. Doctor advised me to get a surgery. I want to know if there is any other remedy other than surgery? If it's there then would it be good for me to go for that or its I have to go for surgery?
I am male 32 years old I have a urinary tract infection from last 10 years I have to take antibiotic regularly and I have to change my antibiotic after 15-20 days otherwise medicine dont work so suggest me what to do?
Hi I hv severe butt pain and burning sensation not comfortable while sitting more than 15-20 min I tried zerodol Mr. and remylin d for ten days but temporary again it is same my height is 5.7 weight 84 5: 46 pm.
I had urinal infection and it was making me urinate more than usual. I met the gums, she prescribed tablet NFT 100 and Rantac 150 While the ten days course, I also took an ipill due to unprotected sex, my partner is diabetic. Now, My periods have since come, 10 days early, it has been 7 days my periods are on. No heavy bleeding but very less irregular bleeding and the color of blood is very fainted. My periods usually last only 5 days, I am very scared, have I got cancer or any serious decease.
I'm 31 years old woman. Got married 3 months before. My problem is experiencing an urge to urinate quite often from last few days! what can be the cause of it?
Sir I am about 35 years old women. I have to urinate often but a little comes out. Please suggest me.
A kidney stone is a hard, crystalline mineral development, which forms within the kidney or the urinary tract. It is called nephrolithiasis in medical terms. Kidney stones occur due to the decrease in urine volume or due to an excess of substances in the urine which are stone-forming in nature. Dehydration is considered to be a primary risk factor for kidney stones too.
Causes of kidney stones:Kidney stones develop when the urine contains increased amounts of crystal forming substances. They include calcium, oxalate and uric acid in amounts which the fluid in the urine cannot dilute. Your urine may also lack the substances which help in prevention of crystals from sticking to each other, thereby enhancing the conditions for kidney stones to form.
The balance of your urine can change due to several factors:
- Not drinking sufficient amount of water makes the salts, minerals and other substances present in the urine to stick together, which may lead to the formation of a stone.
- The normal urine balance may get disrupted due to several health conditions, which lead to kidney stone formation. Diseases such as gout or certain inflammatory bowel diseases can also cause kidney stones.
- Many cases of kidney stones are hereditary and run in families, affecting family members over many generations.
- A rare cause of kidney stone formation is the overproduction of hormones by the parathyroid glands, which results in increased levels of calcium leading to calcium kidney stones.
Types of kidney stones
Kidney stones are of different types, which occur due to several, different causes. They are as follows:
- Calcium stones: Calcium stones account for being the most common form of kidney stones. They occur due to excessive calcium in the urine. This may happen due to an inherited condition known as hypercalciuria, the overreaction of the parathyroid gland, kidney diseases, several cancers or from a condition known as sarcoidosis. The stones may be large and smooth or rough and spiky.
- Struvite stones: These stones are caused due to infections. And they usually occur after a urinary tract infection. This form of kidney stone is more common in women though.
- Uric acid stones: These stones occur due to large amounts of uric acid in the urine. It may occur from having a high protein diet, from a health condition called gout or from a hereditary condition where the amount of uric acid in urine increases.
- Cystine stones: These are rare kidney stones and occur due to a hereditary health condition known as cystinuria.
Kidney stones occur due to the change in balance of water, salts and minerals, which are present in the urine. Insufficient water consumption is often the most common cause of kidney stones. So make sure you drink lots of water to keep stone formation at bay. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.