Find numerous Nephrologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Nephrologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Blood in urine, medically known as Hematuria is not usually a cause of concern, but it can translate into an adverse condition if left unevaluated. The kidneys and other structures in the urinary tracts such as urethra (tube connecting the bladder to the outer part of the body); bladder (that stores the urine) and ureters (tube joining the bladder to the kidney) are the sources of blood flow to the urine. Hematuria can be accompanied by symptoms such as discharge of tea-colored, brownish-red or pink colored urine due to the presence of red blood cells, traces of which can only be detected under the microscope.
Underlying causes behind this disorder might be
- Urinary tract infection is where the bacteria enter the body through the urethra and begin to proliferate in the bladder.
- Kidney infections (pyelonephritis) is when bacteria infiltrate into the kidneys from the bloodstream or travel up from the uterus to the kidneys.
- A kidney or a bladder stone is marked by the minerals in the concentrated urine precipitating out and molding into crystals that deposit on the bladder or kidney walls.
- Enlarged prostate is a condition in which the prostate gland, that is situated just below the bladder surrounding the upper part of the urethra, starts growing as males head towards their middle age.
- Kidney disease such as glomerulonephritis causes swelling of the kidneys, thus disrupting the filtering system.
- Bladder, kidney and prostate cancer are also possible causes.
- Hereditary disorders such as sickle cell anemia (a hereditary disease of the red blood cells in the hemoglobin) can also pose as a cause behind this disorder.
- Kidney injury as a result of heavy blows, accidents or injuries sustained while playing a spot can also contribute to this condition.
- Medications such as penicillin or the anti-cancer drug ‘cyclophosphamide’
- Strenuous physical exercises like intense workout or running may also result in Hematuria.
There is no fixed cure for Hematuria; instead the doctor would work on treating the repressed conditions behind the symptoms, such as prescribing antibiotics to heal the urinary tract infection or a medicine to shrink and normalize the enlarged prostate or administer a shock wave therapy to destroy the kidney or bladder stones.
I have kidney stone & stones are in my both kidney in left kidney two calculi 7.9 &7.4 in right kidney one calculi 7.2 &one calculi is seen at uv junction actually I'm taking some medicine but I have no relief please help me.
If I drink 500 ml water one hour later one hour from three to four times to urinate occurs. Checkup sugar test but no sugar and and checkup sonography but not any problems. Pls. Help me. LALJI YADAV.
I have a problem during urinating, it is staring little bit late and it is not coming with pressure. What should i do? Please advise.
During watching porn semen cum. And that time I feel burning in urethra. In urine test also heat found. Doctor give me norflox. And I have no morning erection. What is my problem?
While tests report shows creatinine level is 1.87 is it dangerous? How to decrease it? She is 77 please suggest.
I am a type 2 diabetes patient recently my creatinine level has gone a bit high 1.41 my doctor advice me to have low protein diet I being a nonvegiterian want to know what type of food I can have If I get a diet chart I will follow that meticulously please help
My 3 years son is suffering with UTI 3rd time in last 6 months. Want to seek specialist advice in Delhi/NCR as my paediatric is unable to get the root cause of infection. Kindly help at earliest.
I am 55 years old male and having urinal problem when I go for urinal that the ruin coming in burning and in left side of my stomach little pain last two days. What should I do?
Sir I am 27 years old male. For the last 3 years I am having urine leakage type of sensation. It makes difficult to sit in office or travel as always it makes me feel to urinate. Endoscopy is done but it showed nothing. Consulted urologist and they gave duoflo. Bt nothing happening. Pl suggest the issue and how to overcome.
I am going to have cystoscopy. Thus in my urine, blood has came. To investigate I am going to this as prescribe by doctor. Is it safe or casualties can come. Is it painful or not.
Hello. I have a baby two year old. Iam asking about the urinal infection. After my marriage I have been struggling with urinal infection. When it comes, I have severe pain. I had taken taken treatment for that a lot of time. Once I went to doctor, she told me to treat my husband also. But he dont have any problem. He also had taken the tablet. Now itself have been facing the pain. Urine analysis shows numerous puss cells and two or three times urine culture had taken as the part of the treatment. Please help me to cure from this illness.
‘Kidney stones’ is a disorder of the urinary tract wherein stones form in the kidney. This happens when solid particles in the urine become concentrated; the solid particles mostly being acid and mineral salts. This disorder can affect any part of the urinary tract: from the bladder to the kidneys. The treatment for this disorder is designed depending on the severity of your symptoms.
Once affected by this disorder, pain in the lower abdominal region will be common. The pain may get aggravated when you urinate. You may also exhibit symptoms of vomiting, nausea and a constant urge to urinate. Hematuria (presence of blood in the urine) is another symptom common to this disorder.
There is no single known cause for kidney stones. These stones occur when certain solid particles such as uric acid and calcium are present in the urine in large amounts. However, certain factors that increase the risk of kidney stones are:
- Family history of kidney stones
- Lack of sufficient water in the body or dehydration
- Eating foods which are loaded with sugar and salts
Ayurvedic remedies for kidney stones are natural and free from side effects. Apart from relieving the symptoms, they also help in improving your overall well-being. These remedies balance the various doshas in the body and thus, lead to improved functioning of the abdominal organs. The Ayurvedic remedies for kidney stones are
- Stay hydrated: Staying hydrated is the basic you can do to either prevent kidney stones or treating the condition. Dehydration is one of the most important causes for the formation of kidney stones.
- Avoid certain foods: You need to avoid consumption of certain foods such as apples, tomatoes and cheese which increase the risks of kidney stones.
- Exercise on a regular basis: You need to chalk down and stick to an exercise regimen to keep your weight at optimal levels. Remember that obesity is a major contributor to kidney stones.