Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Supriya S Sahastrabuddhe
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Supriya S SahastrabuddheYour feedback matters!
I took human growth hormone for the first time in the gym nd then I got some serious issues in my heart like my heart is pumping very very fast and then I went to the doctor and the next day I just checked my bp nd pulse rate and I found my heart rate low around 45 to 55 then doctor suggest my parents to admit me in hospital immediately. Nd they observe me for 2 days bt all the reports are normal nd my heart rate is also normal like 50 to 60 but I feel congestion in chest sometimes.
My mother suffered from high level (160/100) of bp and sugar please guide a good diet and treatment.
Hi m 27 years old I have been experiencing asthma problems I wheezing sound used to appear when I breath it compels me to cough but nothing come. It is very uncomfortable my chest become heavy I have different medicine with no results. please help me out. I have never experienced such kind of problem during my childhood. please help me out.
My father 57 yrs. Old. He is a operated cardiac by pass surgery and diabetic patient. Please subscribe usefully advise.
Earlier the problem was once in six months but now low BP is almost twice or thrice times effecting me in a month. Its 90/60 or some times below. Symptoms are very odd as I am not able to wake up for 2-3 days. I getup for some time then again feeling dizziness after 20 mins. If I have coffee then this time exeeds till 3-4 hr too. Feels so lethargic in this condition. Not able to make others understand so that they can help me. Please suggest. Taking only Thyronorm 50 mcg now. TSH done month back and it was normal.
Good quality of sleep decreases heart rate and blood pressure thus decreasing work of heart lack of sleep keeps the heart rate and blood pressure elevated.both are linked to increased incidence of heart disease. Lack of sleep increases insulin resistance and the risk of type 2 diabetes Mellitus and also increases C-reactive protein a protein associated with inflammation.
Both diabetes and C-reactive protein are associated with higher incidence of coronary artery disease.
I am 27 year old male. When I am running more than 7 minutes continuously, I had a pain from my right chest. But if I start again after 5 min break, then I can run another 7 minutes.
Most people associate fibre to be good for the digestive system. It helps to add roughage and therefore helps in avoiding constipation. When we dig deeper, the fibre seems to do good not just to the stomach but to the heart as well. Those who are prone to develop heart disease should make an attempt to include more fibre in their diet and reap the rich benefits it offers.
There are two classifications of fibres
Dietary are found in diet products and functional being added fibre through various food supplements. Soluble and insoluble fibre, based on their solubility in water. Most foods contain some amounts of both. The insoluble one has more digestive benefits, as it adds to the roughage. Both types have cardiac benefits.
Read on to know some of the cardiac benefits of fibres.
- Reduces cholesterol: There is good cholesterol which is essential for the body, and there is bad cholesterol causes heart disease. What fibres do is reduce the amount of bad and overall cholesterol in circulation. The fibre binds to the cholesterol and removes it from the body, which otherwise would get into circulation and lead to plaque formation and heart disease.
- Reduces blood pressure: Because the cholesterol does not circulate in the blood stream, the blood is not as viscous and therefore the vessels exert much less pressure to allow for free flow. A diet change to whole grains can show a marked difference in people with hypertension.
- Weight management: Eating fibre means more bulk and fewer calories so that a person feels full after eating smaller amounts. This is a great way to lose weight and bring preexisting heart disease under control.
- Stroke prevention: The circulating cholesterol usually gets sluggish and settles down along the walls of the blood vessels. This attracts more cholesterol, which eventually forms what is knowns as plaque. When this plaque attains a considerable size, it gets dislodged, circulates in the blood stream, and can reach any of the vital organs. When it reaches the heart or brain, it can lead to heart attack or stroke. By removing the cholesterol which leads to all these complications, fibre reduces the incidence of stroke and heart attacks.
- Management of diabetes: Blood pressure, increased weight, and heart disease all are predisposing factors and have common contributing factors as does diabetes. Controlling all these helps in prolonging the onset of diabetes and reducing its severity too.
High-fiber diet mainly reduces cholesterol which helps in multiple ways to maintain not just a healthy body but also improves the overall quality of life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.