Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sunitha Pramod
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Sunitha PramodYour feedback matters!
I have mild heaviness in my upper jaw and around te eyes and temples which come and go, my wisdom teeth are erupting for last 2 years but they dont srem to grow, consulted a dentist who suggested to extract all four of them. But is it safe to do so. The heaviness an mild pain occur when I wake up in the morning and come and go during the day, which hampers my concentration.
1. Lingual Braces
Lingual Braces are one of the many types of the fixed orthodontic treatment appliances available to patients needing orthodontic treatment. It involves attaching the orthodontic brackets on the inner sides of the teeth. The main advantage of lingual braces is its near invisibility compared to the standard braces which are attached on the buccal side of the tooth.Lingual Braces are the real good option for those who want to hide the fact that they are undergoing orthodontic treatment,. These are the most invisible of them all! Lingual braces are strategically placed behind your teeth, so that nothing is seen from the front. You can go ahead smile, floss and brush without a worry. No one will ever know you have braces on.
Clear Aligners, also known as clear-aligner treatment, are orthodontic devices that uses incremental transparent aligners to adjust teeth as an alternative to dental braces.Clear-aligner treatment involves our expert orthodontist at Smile Up Dental Care & Implant Center taking a mold of the patient’s teeth, which is used to create a digital tooth scan. The computerized model suggests stages between the current and desired teeth positions, and aligners are created for each stage. Each aligner is worn for 20 hours a day for two weeks. These slowly move the teeth into the position agreed between the orthodontist/dentist and the patient. The average treatment time is 13.5 months.
Your Invisalign® clear aligners are custom-made for you. The aligners are virtually invisible and fit snugly over your teeth.Each aligner shifts your teeth slightly, moving them horizontally and vertically and even rotating them when needed. Your aligners are engineered to use the right amount of force in the right place at the right time.When you change to the next set of aligners (typically every week) your teeth gradually move into position, following a custom treatment plan mapped out by your doctor.Only Invisalign clear aligners are made of proprietary, multilayer SmartTrack® material to gently shift your teeth into place.Invisalign is a modern orthodontic treatment for teeth straightening. It was introduced in the late 90’s and is constantly being developed. Unlike traditional braces, it does not involve wires, elastics or even brackets. Invisalign braces include series of transparent, custom fit, aligners built from BPA free plastic.The virtually invisible aligners, which are made of a thermoplastic material uniquely developed for the Invisalign treatment plan, look similar to teeth-whitening trays. A series of Invisalign aligners are custom-made for you, to move your teeth in the sequence determined by your doctor.
Ceramic braces are the same size and shape as metal braces, except that they have tooth-colored or clearbrackets that blend in to teeth. Some even use tooth-colored wires to be even less noticeable. Pros: Less noticeable than metal braces; move teeth much faster than clear plastic aligners (Invisalign).The advantage of these brackets are that they are less noticeable, which means you can smile with confidence. Ceramic brackets are a great choice for both adults and children.The wires that are used to bring the teeth into the desired position can also be tooth coloured but as treatment progresses stronger metal wires will be needed.
Ceramic brackets are the cost effective alternative to incognito(lingual braces ) and Invisalign as there are no laboratory fees involved.
Simple alignment of the front teeth can change your smile in six months.
I have some problems in my teeth, when I drink cold water I feel pain in my teeth. What should I do?
My gums are very loose. I can't brush my teeth properly. Tell me what should I do. How to remove yellowness of my teeth.
Enamel loss is nothing but tooth-enamel erosion, and this is quite a pathetic kind of oral condition. If the eroded enamel does not get restored, then your oral condition will get deteriorated to a great extent.
Teeth enamel plays the most important role in protecting teeth and if this layer gets eroded, then your teeth will get heavily damaged. Your teeth will not only get eroded, but the real dental color will also get changed.
Why enamel erosion occurs?
- Drinking excessive hot or cold: your enamel is very much sensitive to hot or cold food items as a result of which email loss is invited.
- Having fruit drinks: Citric acid in the fruit drinks is the element that can cause enamel erosion.
- Sugary diet: Excessive sugary diet is the very prominent cause of this kind of dental condition, and thus you should take more and more of non-sugary foods
- Environmental factors: There are many environmental factors that are responsible for enamel loss, and they are corrosion, stress, tear, wear, friction and others.
- Medications: Few medications are there that can cause enamel erosion and these medicines are antihistamines, aspirin and many more.
- Gastrointestinal troubles: These kinds of troubles are prone to the frequent erosion of tooth enamel and thus these problems need to be resolved as soon as possible.
What are the leading treatments for restoring enamel loss?
- Using fluoride toothpaste and mouthwash: There are many talented dentists who are strongly recommending the usage of both fluoride mouthwash and toothpaste so that tooth decay can be easily prevented. These products are now commercially available over-the-counter.
- Routine dental check-up: Daily dental check-up is needed so that oral condition can be checked so that the causes and signs of enamel loss can be detected, and then only perfect treatments can be easily applied.
- Taking vitamin-D supplements: There are many drugs and supplements that are enriched with vitamin-D, and they can be taken on a regular basis so that decayed enamel can be easily restored in a safe manner. Coconut oil can be taken in addition to these supplements for getting greater oral benefits.
- Cosmetic restoration options: There are many enamel-restoration options that can be cosmetically performed. Some of the popular options are crowning, filling, and others. On the other hand, leading a healthy lifestyle is also very important in this regard.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!