Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SunithaYour feedback matters!
DON'T ACT THE 7 ACTIONS BELOW AFTER YOU HAVE A MEAL.
* Don't smoke- Experiment from experts proves that smoking a cigarette after meal is comparable to smoking 10 cigarettes (chances of cancer is higher).
* Don't eat fruits immediately -When you eat your fruits with meals, the fruit is stuck in the stomach along with the contents of the meals and cannot reach the intestines in time. Lying there they get spoilt and spoil the remaining food in the stomach too. Thus it is recommended that you eat a fruit at least one hour after eating a meal or before your meal and preferably in the morning with empty stomach. It is in the morning that the body can best use the nutrients in the fruit and get enough energy to start the day.
* Don't drink tea - Because tea leaves contain a high content of acid. This substance will cause the Protein content in the food we consume to be hardened thus difficult to digest.It is preferable to drink tea an hour after meals.
* Don't loosen your belt -Fiction, not particularly bad for you!
We generally have an attitude that a good meal is that which forces us to loosen our belts. However, loosening the belt is bad, not because it causes the intestines to twist or block but because it means that you have over eaten to a level that you are uncomfortable. Loosening of the belt may also cause you to feel comfortable once again which means you may continue overeating.
So eat only to the extent that you can be comfortable without loosening your belt!
* Don't bathe - Bathing after meal will cause the increase of blood flow to the hands, legs & body thus the amount of blood around the stomach will therefore decrease. This will weaken the digestive system in our stomach.
* Don't walk about -Fact, it is bad for you! Walking directly after meals is a bad idea, it can result to acid reflux and indigestion. However, walking about half an hour after meals is known to be good for you. Researchers in the Department of Exercise Science at the University of South Carolina, have found that walking after exercise is a good way to burn energy.
The point to note is when to walk, you should ideally walk for about 10 minutes and only 20-30 minutes after meal to prevent acid reflux and stomach upsets.
* Don't sleep immediately - The food we intake will not be able to digest properly. Thus will lead to gastric & infection in our intestine.
Dr. I am just 19, and I am 3 weeks pregnant, please suggest some medicine which I would easily get in medical stores without prescription formalities. Plzz help me.
I had a miscarriage early. Now I am 8 weeks pregnant and having dry cough. Will it cause any harm to my foetus.
Hello. I was having regular menstrual cycle until this month. My last date was 10th of april. Now its already 23rd may, i. E. 14 days and my periods haven't started yet. What should I do? please help. Also, a friend of mine told me that I might be suffering from pcod. Is that true?
I am 20 years old. My periods are late 6 days and I am having white stretchy discharge. I am worried.
Hi. Doctor. I am 7 month pregnant. From last 1 week left side of vagina is swelling and feeling hard with a little pain. Can it normal or anything else. Pls give me the solution. Will it affect my pregnancy. Pls answer as soon as possible.
I am going through periods. I am suffering from mild Fever also. Can I take pain killer or paracetamol in any case.
Hello Dr. Jus want to ask Is PCOS curable? I got thyroid n I'm overweight as well so are they related to each other ? Loosing weight will help me in PCOS. THNX IN Advance Harshada.
I am 38_39 weeks pregnant. My baby is beach n doc HAv advised c sec. My query is my baby is sometimes on my right n sometimes left. But not steady head down. Last week I felt being head down but since again some days it's head up. My c sect is advised. Is thr any possibility of baby head down n normal delivery?
Hi I have missed my periods for 53 days. I have taken two pregnancy test the result is negetive. I didnt have any pregnancy symptoms. I have little white discharge, back pain and leg pain. Am I pregnant?
Good morning, sir, I have some problem of during sex, while my penis is normal and I cannot put my penis into every properly, these are some tests I already taken, I have no problem, my wife also no problem, bust she not conceive, I attach some reports of mine, pls give answer, as early as possible, please give early reply,
I am 36 years, marriage 6 years running, no issue. 1st 2 years we haven't take, 3rd years wife suffer tuberculosis, she also operated overian choclate cyst. Now we are trying. I have problem low sperm count, semen volume is also low. Please give us suggestion.?
Hi! Mera Husband bachpan se masturbation krte the .. mjhe baby chahiye kaise hoga So how I will pregnant?
Breast pain, also known as mastalgia, can be termed as any type of discomfort, pain or tenderness in and around the breast or the underarm region. It can also be accompanied by a sharp pain or a burning sensation.
There are two major types of breast pain
Cyclical Pain: As the name suggests, this type of pain occurs on a cyclic basis and is linked with one’s menstrual cycle. It may happen when one is going through her periods and is influenced by hormonal imbalances. This type of pain is generally not a cause of concern.
Non-Cyclical Pain: This is generally not common and its cause can be linked to a variety of reasons; cancer or a malignant tumour in the breast being the most severe consequence.
Causes of Breast Pain
Lumpy breasts along with soreness and pain can be caused due to fibrocystic breast tissue.
Hormonal imbalance can also lead to pain or discomfort in and around the breast region. Abnormal prolactin limits can also be a contributing factor.
Breast cancer can also lead to pain, mostly in the left breast. Along with the pain, it can also induce a dull ache, tightness or heaviness in the chest.
Treatments for Breast pain
The various treatments for cyclical breast pain include:
Making modifications in the diet
Administering Vitamin E and calcium supplements
Including thyroid hormonal supplements in the diet
Reducing sodium intake in your diet
For non-cyclical breast pain, which is often the cause of cancer, a thorough examination is recommended. A clinical biopsy will be advised if the lumpy tissues make the tumour harder to be detected through a mammogram.
- If the pain is on account of an injury, then appropriate painkillers will have to be administered to reduce the pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an oncologist and ask a free question.