Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sunita Patel
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sunita PatelYour feedback matters!
I am suffering with hairfall. I have tried everything but it can not stop. So kindly suggest me what can I do for it?
Hi My daughter having d3 deficiency. Her D3 is 5.9 ng. Her hair is thinning and and not growing well. Before she had nice thick and healthy hairs. Is it due to d3 deficiency and she is gaining her weight also. Pl suggest how to increase her d3 and loose weight as well as healthy hairs she is 13 years old.
Scratching dandruff or a flaky scalp is a common problem that can be quite embarrassing for the person concerned. You comb your hair only to find white flakes all around your shoulder (more visible, if you are wearing a dark colored dress). Men as well as women, can both suffer from a flaky scalp. The characteristic white flakes associated with the condition are nothing, but the dead skin cells that your scalp sheds from time to time.
The trigger for a flaky scalp can be due to myriad of reasons ranging from from stress, to unhealthy lifestyle and eating habits. A flaky scalp can also be an outcome of using harmful hair styling products, hormonal imbalance or certain medical conditions.The condition, though annoying, can be treated successfully. There are certain do's and don'ts associated with a flaky scalp, which if followed diligently, will ensure better and faster results.
The most common mistake that people with a flaky scalp make is scratching their scalp vigorously. The temporary relief is sure to aggravate the condition more, with the possibility of a scalp infection. Resist the temptation, no matter how itchy it gets.
- Avoid self-medication. Just because someone with a flaky scalp benefited from certain medications does not guarantee success in your case. The trigger in your case may be different. It would be foolish on your part to try any medication without consulting a physician. It is better to be cautious now than to regret later.
- Stress can affect your life in more ways than you can think. In many cases, stress has been found to be a contributing factor resulting in a flaky scalp. Try to live a stress-free life as much as you can. Do not compromise with your sleep for anything. A sound sleep can work wonders to keep stress at bay. It is important that you maintain a healthy sleep cycle (a daily sleep of 6-8 hours is a must). Meditations, yoga, exercise, or physical activities are known to be great stress busters.
- Your diet may have an important role to play in a flaky scalp. Fast and processed foods, foods rich in sugar or simple carbohydrates are what most people drool over. However, these foods can spell doom for the overall health. In addition to the many harmful effects, most of these foods are known to trigger an elevated production of sebum by the sebaceous glands. Increased levels of sebum can worsen the dandruff problem. Include more fruits and vegetables, especially green leafy vegetables and those rich in vitamins and Omega-3 fatty acids in your diet. Keep your body well hydrated. Drink water and healthy fluids (fresh fruit juice, coconut water, soups, to name few) at regular intervals of time.
- Follow a healthy hair care routine. Oil massage (warm oil) your hair at least twice a week. Use mild shampoos or those recommended by the doctor. Avoid over shampooing. Also, avoid the extensive use of hair styling products.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hii. My son are 6 years old. Uski skin sun tan hone ke karan blackish ho gayi hai. So how can I remove tan skin. please reply must.
My age is 24 but I look older than my age like 28. What is the reason behind it? My sister also have same problem but she got married early. Give me a suggestion?
My age is 20. I have excessive hairloss for over an year. 2 years ago I had full head of hair. But now I notice that I'm going bald. My father is also bald. My uncles are bald too. I know my hairfall is for family reason. I don't want to become bald. What can I do? Which type of treatment should I take? Pease help. I am a 20 year old male, and I suffered severe hair loss for the past eighteen months. The hair loss was not specific to any area of my scalp, but I noticed a marked decrease in my hair density. Any of my immediate family members never showed signs of balding before 55 years of age. My hair loss has stopped now, and it is under control with me losing not more than 5-8 hair strands a day. I only need your advice on how to increase my hair density.
My arm pits sweat a lot and my all white tshirts or shirts get yellow patches on the clothes near the arm pit areas .kindly advice.
I'm getting bald day by day. My relatives are also bald. Is this a hormonal defect or parental disease. Please advise.
I am loosing my hair daily while having bathe. Can you suggest me some precautions to prevent my hair loss?
• Put an oil on your hair at night before going to shower because this makes your hair shiny.
• Do not sleep with wet or damp hair. This will weaken the follicles and make hair strands brittle. Blow dry in low heat at the roots before bed.
• Most people use more shampoo than they need. Depending on hair length, you probably only need about a quarter sized dollop.
• Don't blow dry hair too frequently. Frequent blow drying, or use of other heat products, can stress your hair.
• Rinse your hair under cold water after you finish shampooing and conditioning to make it shine and look even more luscious than it was before.
• When towel drying, don't rub the hair vigorously. This splits the hair. Try using a micro fiber towel as they soak up lots of moisture.
• You can naturally strengthen your hair by mixing carrots, or Vitamin Water together in a blender and rubbing gently into hair before you wash. Be sure to wash out well.
I have full grey hairs from root only almost it's affected whole hairs .Wat is the treatment suggestions let me know.
Hi, I am 23 year old men and I have to many scars on my face. A friend of mine suggested me to use mederma; should I use this? if not please suggest me another one.
Lybrate | Dr Archana Oswal speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY