Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Sunita P KarnikYour feedback matters!
I am 31 yrs old male. I feel very sleepy from the evening like my eyes are getting heavy and I am applying force to keep it open, my eyes get reddish and by 11 pm I collapse in bed. I get up at 6 am and often sleep in afternoon to 1 or 2 hours. Even in day time my forehead is heavy, some time I feel pain at the both side of forehead. I went to ent but no use. They write on prescription dns after putting torch light in my nose. I don't know how to get rid of this and where to go for treatment. Please help.
I am (24 ), its been two months I started seeing dark spots in my eyes. Last month I visited a doctor and he told my retina had swollen as per test report and gave me 3 eye drops and multi vitamin tablets prescribed for 3 months. Now that its been one month, sometimes it feels like things are a bit better however the problem still remains the same. Should I go see him or wait for some more time since he told me its going to be a very slow recovery.
I am 20 years, I have been suffering from burning sensation in the eye. Even if I close my eyes it pains. I read a lot and work on computer at times.
Hi team. I am suffering from lower backpain. Earlier I used to suffer from neck pain but now it has been cured a bit but for a year now lower back pain is too much. I do not know what to do. I have seen many doctors, they just prescribed the pain killers which is not a solution. Now I am scared to see a doctor just bcoz of the pain killers. please help me out. I used to be a very flexible and muscular man but now, gone were the days. Hope I will be contacted soon. Thanks
I have headache in my left side of head and heaviness in my eyes. please tell me to get rid from this problem.
I have specs but since some days my eyes are watering a lot. I am unable to read my books and feeling irritated. What should I do?
I am 21 years old female and I surgeries for one eye because of cataract. I used lap for 8 hrs daily and some times eyes are pain. How to reduce that pain. Please suggest me about eyes.
I have good physique but I have sunken eyes even though I am taking proper sleep, lack of concentration and energy. I have a anxiety issues and my digestive system is not good. Irregular bowel movements, frequent diarrhea and smelly faeces. What could be the problem?
I am suffering from eye pain. Due to which I feel headache during eye pain. and it gives me lot of pain. Please advise.
Did you know that your vision is responsible for around 80% of you sensory input? your eyes are among the most delicate organs in your body. Long work hours in front of the computer and long study hours results in tired and sometimes irritating eye conditions. But help isn't too far. Before you head to the doctor, you can head to your kitchen to look for solutions. There are several home remedies that you can try to not only improve your eyesight but also get rid of glasses and rebuild your vision! here's how you can do it:
1. Exercise: Just like any other body part, your eyes need exercise too. Blinking your eyes rapidly for 5 seconds helps moisturize it. Similarly, cupping your eyes with you palms for 4-5 minutes triggers acupuncture points that helps the eye to relax. There are specific exercises to reduce eye strain, improve blurred vision and enhance reading. Do these as per the specific problem you are facing.
2. Take a break: Follow the 10-10-10 rule when you are on the computer for extended hours. For every half hour of work, take a 10 min break to look at something n a distance at least 10 feet away for 10 seconds. These becomes tricky if you are studying or working in a fast paced environment and easily forget to take breaks. Set alarms that help you know the time so that you can actively plan your breaks. To enhance break time, try to look at greenery during your 10 sec break which helps the eyes relax better. Splash your eyes with cold water to give them a fresh feel.
3. Yoga: Yoga and meditation relaxes your body and mind. It is also a great way to relax your eyes as you get to close them and give them rest. When you close your eyes, you shut out a big chunk of sensory inputs helping your body go from an active reaction mode to a passive action mode.
4. Eat for your eyes: Make sure you add your weekly quota of vision enhancing food in you diet. Carrots which are rich in beta-carotene and vitamin a are great for the eyes. Similarly grapes and blueberries work great to improve your night vision. Green leafy veggies, garlic, shallots, eggs and onion all contribute in keeping your eyes healthy and strong. Cold water fish rich in DHA is an another great food that helps reduce dry eyes and muscular degeneration.
5. Change your lifestyle: Other than exercise and proper nutrients, you need to ensure you get a shut eye for six to eight hours every day to let your eyes fully rest and rejuvenate. As always drink 6 - 8 glasses of water. And don't forget to get regular eye check ups especially if you are a diabetic or have other health conditions that adversely affect your eyes.