Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sunita MoreYour feedback matters!
Dental care is a part of human health which is often overlooked by a majority of the population. Teeth form a very important part of our body and not just for cosmetic reasons but for utilitarian reasons as well. It is important to maintain the health of our teeth at all times.
What is Tooth Enamel?
Tooth enamel is the tough outer covering of any teeth that is visible outside the gums. This is the layer which protects the nerve endings and is one of the strongest materials in the human body. This part of your teeth is especially susceptible to stress. While we eat, drink, chew, this is the layer that most exposed to damage and if eroded can cause permanent damage as well. Tooth enamel decay is mostly caused by a diet high in starches and sugar, excessive consumption of soft drinks, and excessive alcohol consumption, to name a few.
How can you keep your tooth enamel healthy and strong?
You can restore the health of your tooth enamel by implementing the following habits:
- Changing to a healthy diet - Changing to a low sugar diet will definitely improve the health of your enamel besides providing fewer chemicals, which are mainly responsible for tooth enamel decay.
- Using straws while consuming highly acidic drinks such a fruit juices - Straws are a great way to have highly acidic drinks like fruit juices without bothering your teeth and thus keeping enamel protected.
- Keeping the body hydrated - It is also important to keep the body hydrated to allow the formation of saliva properly. People with dry mouth often suffer from issues related to the tooth enamel and the best way to prevent it from happening this is by drinking plenty of water.
- Using a fluoride toothpaste and mouthwash - Using mouthwashes and toothpaste containing fluoride helps in building up tooth enamel as well helps in keeping teeth healthy.
Related Tip: The Chemistry between Calcium and Teeth
I am facing tooth ache problem, I was not able to sleep whole night, could you please suggest me any particular medicine which can help in tooth ache.
My 14 year old sister looks alot older and is very tall (5,11) we went to get her teeth x-rays and they did not show the normal teeth of a normal 14 year old girl, they showed teeth of a 20 year. Always gets mistaken for an adult. Should we take her to a doctor or something?
Have you recently got an extraction of your teeth from a dentist . What precautions do you need to take so that your wound heals uneventfully and you get back to your daily routine ASAP.
Here are a few tips to follow;-
1. There would be a cotton swab the dentist would have placed at the extracted site. Remove it after 30 mins.
2. Have everything cold and soft to eat. Its not everydy a dentist allows you to have ice-creams!!!
3. Apply ice pack externally if you want to avoid swelling.
4. Take your medicines as instructed by the doctor on time.
5. Do not spit for about 24 hours(STRICTLY) to avoid any bleeding from the extraction site.
6. Avoid smoking or alcohol on that day
7. After 24 hours, you can gargle with lukewarm saline water for better healing...