Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sunil Waghmare
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Sunil WaghmareYour feedback matters!
Are you experiencing knee pain and seek ideal treatment for your condition? Knee pain is a very common issue which may develop in any bony structure of your body, comprising your kneecap, the knee joint, ligaments, and cartilages of your knee. Knee pain is common in people of all ages, and simple home remedies can be used to treat knee pain effectively. In severe cases, professional treatment or help is required.
• The location of your knee pain varies based on the structure that is involved.
• Your whole knee may swell up and seem painful in the case of infections and inflammatory processes. On the other hand, a bone fracture may show symptoms in one specific area.
• The severity of knee pain may vary from acute to serious and disabling.
Other common symptoms associated with knee pain include the following:
• Difficulty in walking because of knee instability.
• Limping because of discomfort.
• Difficulty in going up and down the staircase because of ligament damage.
• Swelling and redness.
• The inability of extending the knee.
Knee pain may occur because of several reasons, and factors. Generally, knee pain is classified into 3 primary categories. They are:
• Acute injuries that include broken bones, a meniscal tear, or a torn ligament.
• Medication conditions which commonly include the likes of arthritis, and various infections.
• Conditions that occur on account of chronic use and overuse, such as patellar syndromes, tendinitis, bursitis, and osteoarthritis.
• There are several treatment measures for knee pain, based on the cause, your condition, and severity.
• The most common treatment procedures include the following:
• Several medications are used for the treatment of an underlying medical condition that causes knee pain, for effective pain relief.
• Strengthening of the muscles surrounding the ankle makes it stable and helps in achieving the best mechanical movements.
• This is effective in avoiding injuries and preventing an existing injury from worsening.
• Several injectable medications are injected into your knee directly.
• Corticosteroids and lubricants are commonly used for dealing with inflammation in the knee, and for improving movement and pain.
• In case of severe and persistent knee pain, a surgery may be required. Knee operations include arthroscopic surgeries, total knee replacement and much more.
• Arthroscopic surgery is the most common procedure in which injuries in your knee are repaired and pieces of loose cartilage and bone are removed.
• During partial knee replacement, the damaged parts of your knee are replaced with metal and plastic parts. Only a part of the knee joint gets replaced.
There are several other therapies that are also beneficial for the treatment of knee pain. You can opt for acupuncture, which is ideal for osteoarthritis patients. Glucosamine and chondroitin supplements are also prescribed in some cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
Hi, From past 15 days I'm facing some Serious pinched nerve neck pain. I have consulted a orthopedic doctor he suggested some muscle relaxers medicine but still it wasn't cured. Please if anybody is there to help me out this. Give me some remedies or treatment for this neck pain. I'm getting this pain From neck to through biceps. Help me out regarding this.
I have pain in lower left side of my stomach. When sleeping if I have to turn from one side to another it is causing me pain. When I get up from bed I have pain. Once I get up I will be bent for 2 miniuts. Then every thing will be alright. When I walk I feel little heavy on left lower side of my stomach. I have even back pain. I know pain is not because of back while turning and getting up. What it could be? please give reply.
My father has diabetes and is taking insulin. But from last two days his right hand and right foot has become swollen. What is the cause of this swelling? He did some test. In the report it came the uric acid is 5.8. Can you tell me why this happens? What is the remedy for it?
Hi. My wife is suffering from Cervical spondylosis. Could you please guide me the treatment and few exercises which can be beneficial in reducing pain and stiffness. Mostly she is having pain in the trapezoids and real delts. Sometimes due to pain she gets encountered with the face swelling as well. Any specialized doctor or medical advise would be highly appreciated. Thanks and Regards,
Backache is a complex problem. It has multifactorial aetiology. There are many exercises that are used as an adjunct to its treatment. Here, some of the exercises useful in the management of backache are described. It is not a complete list. Many more can be added to it. As a matter of fact white charting out the exercise programme for an individual suffering from backache; one should take into account the exact cause of backache, age, the built of the body and even the mental attitude of the patient. The exercises should be done slowly and increased gradually. During exercise, sudden jerks should be avoided. Most of the cases of backache fortunately settle down with simple remedial exercises.
Some of the cases do not respond satisfactorily. It is these -who pose a baffling problem. Many methods have been tried in the past &amp; new ones are being discovered with the hope that this oldest problem of mankind the aching back, the most common yet intractable, is solved.
The actual treatment of backache lies in the therapeutic exercises only
They act by:
(a) improving the muscle tone. (b) improving the muscle power. (c) regaining the mobility of the joints and elasticity of the ligaments. (ligaments are the natural hinges like those of doors which control the direction of the movement of a joint). The usual remedial spinal exercises are:
[continued in'backache-17 (b)']