Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sunil Shahane
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Sunil ShahaneYour feedback matters!
Dear Sir/Madam, I am experiencing burning sensation and numbness in my right leg from the last four days, I don't know what happens to my leg, is there any dangerous or emergency. Please tell me possible remedies for it.
After being recovered from malaria it has been almost 2 month but I have pain on my leg knees. When I sit down I cant even stand up straightly I take some time to stand straight. What should I do? Before malaria I worked out in gym. My age is 26 and weight is 85kg. Help me out.
I have section in 15 aug. I have right buttock and leg pain. This pain kills me. Doctor give me nurokind tablet. But all in vain. How to cure this pain. Pls suggest me.
I am 24 years old. have back pain and joint pain also. I checked my aso level in blood its is 236. What to do mam?
Doctor my mother she is getting knee joint pains when she will do walk in morning and she can't sit down freely also. Can you please tell me how she can be relieved from this knee joint pains.
Hi! I am having below issues these days: Excessive thrust. Under weight Very less hunger Pain in legs and tired ness Weight loss And Depression.
Our bones are composed of calcium deposits, and with age, the amount of deposits gradually reduce, leading to porous bones called in medical terms as osteoporosis - osteo for bone and porosis for porous. As the bones grow porous, they are more brittle and prone for fracture. In severe conditions, a person's limb length can also be altered, leading to stooped and shortened stature.
Osteoporosis is more common in females, especially after menopause, as there is a strong hormonal connection to osteoporosis. An advice for females post 40 is to include calcium and vitamin d supplements, thereby delaying the onset and reducing the severity of this condition.
Once it does set in, there are various medications available; however, as with most allopathic medications, there are side-effects. Well-known as it is, homeopathy treats the individual and not just the disease. Listed below are some common treatments, which improve calcium and phosphorus metabolism, reduce bone loss, and improve bone mass.
- Calcarea carbonica - This works well in patients who have issues with calcium absorption, get tired easily, are anxious and stressed out easily. Cold often worsens the pain and there could be swelling of joints and neck and back pain. There is also a strong craving for sweets in these people.
- Calcarea phosphorica - This works very well in cases where the spine has been affected. Patients with softened spine and curved body benefit very well from this. This also can be used where there is associated anemia and increased bone pain due to cold weather. At an emotional level, people with general dissatisfaction and a strong desire to travel and wanting a change of situations can also benefit from this.
- Calcaria iod - In addition to bone loss, where there is muscular and fat deficiency, this supplement has been proven to work well.
- Silicea (silica) - Delicate people who are often very nervous and get tired easily and have a low resistance to infection get benefited from this medication. The spine is the most affected, and there might even be fractures and pus or fistula formation. It helps in healing broken bones and removing bone splinters. This works well in cases where calcium assimilation is affected by improving calcium assimilation.
- Symphytum - Popularly known as 'knit bone,' this medicine is believed to help unite fractured bones very effectively by promoting strong callous formation. Not just new fractures, this also helps in patients who have pain in old healed or partially healed fractures.
To conclude, there are many remedies that can help treat osteoporosis and its consequences, the above being the few popular ones. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.