Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Sunil ShahaneYour feedback matters!
Doctor said I am suffering Lateral epicondylitis ?what it is exactly? And how it can be treated. I am feeling pain in my right hand.
My mother is having gap in her knees from last 1 year. Doctors have suggested operation for that as she is unable to walk properly. Both knees have swelling. So kindly suggest me way to do. Even pain killers are not working now.
Swollen ankles are very common among older people. Sometimes even young people suffer from this disease. There can be many possible reasons for swollen ankles. Some of the main and most relevant causes for swollen ankles are as follows:
- Injury on ankle
- Sprained ankle
- Venous insufficiency
- Lymph edema
- Heart disease
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
- Some medications, including calcium channel blockers, steroids or even antidepressants
Homeopathic treatment for swollen ankles
The main treatment for swollen ankles actually requires a great deal of investigation in the field of homeopathic genre. Each and every case is investigated thoroughly and also analysed to a huge depth before prescribing any kind of homeopathic medication. The swollen ankles which are caused due to injury, sprain and arthritis can be independently handled by a homeopathic treatment. But in case of any other serious organ injury, homeopathic medicines are mainly used for treatment along with other kinds of advanced medications. Homeopathic medication should be considered only after consulting a good physician. Self-medication must be strictly avoided.
Some of the homeopathic medicines for treating swollen ankles include the following:
- Apis Mellifica and Apocynum: Apis Mellifica and Apocynum are considered to be the best medicines for dropsical swollen ankles, also referred to as edema. Here the swelling is caused due to excess water retention or even due to water accumulation in the tissues.
- Ledum Pal: If you are experiencing swollen ankles due to arthritis, Ledum Pal is your go-to homeopathic medicine. In such cases, the affected person usually experiences painful and hot swollen ankles.
- Arnica: Another medicine of all times, especially for swollen ankles, is Arnica. It is the most effective medicine for swollen ankles caused due to an injury. Arnica works in a wondrous way to reduce the pain and the swelling of the ankles from injury which are bruised and feel sore to touch.
- Ruta: Ruta is primarily prescribed for swollen ankles resulting from sprain. A sprain is defined as the overstretching of the ligaments, mainly in the area of joints.
- Hamamelis: This homeopathic medicine, which is highly effective in treating swollen ankles, primarily caused due to varicose veins or venous insufficiency, is Hamamelis. It is the best rated medicine among its category.
If you are suffering from a swollen ankle, neither be indifferent it to, nor delay its treatment for long. It is recommended that you consult an experienced homeopathic practitioner to get the best medicine for your condition.
Sir I am having lower back pain from 2 months it snot that serious but its pains when I slightly bend. X ray were normal took many medicine but no relief. It seems to be a muscular pain no problem in bone. Please help sir.
I have a problem about back pain when I was working I don't want to use belt so please help me how to solve this.
I am 40 years old woman. I am experiencing finger and leg pain especially the bones since last few years. Even finger nails are looking out of shape. I consulted relevant doctors But no medication could give me permanent relief from the pain. Can you please suggest. Thanks.
I have a back pain. Actually I met an accident and my spinal card is bit damaged. So only i am getting lot of back pain. What should I do for this? can you suggest me.
I am 32 year old, I have a problem in my right hand , not able to uplift my four finger, and unable to hold on my hand at back side , wasting of muscles on my palm, and hand are thin, sensation proper, hold things proper but grasping power low, unable to open fingers properly, all the report are normal like MRI, this problem is last 12 years. Kindly tell the name of disease and medicine or exercise.
My mother aged 65 years suffering from joint pain from last fee years. Now she can't move here and there comfortably because of constent knee pain. What should I do.
I am 29 years old last few months. My hand shoulders was getting pain in night time.what should I do?
I got fever and head back side pain 3 day ho gya abhi tak thik nhi ho rha fever aa rha ja rha so please tell me I should I do.
I got swelled when hit by anything, even small impact could make me swell and sometime even severe trauma couldn't. This swelling spread on the whole organ like getting hit on for head whole face get swelled. Is there any solution to this?
I am suffering from fever from last 14 days. After taking medicine fever comes down. And again after sometime it comes back. What should we do now?
My mother has undergone hysterectomy procedure 5 mths back but now she is facing pain in her knee joint so she s taking calcium tablets. She daily complains of gas problem Is it due to hysterectomy or due to inactivity how to manage it thanks.
I am a male of 36 years. I am a regular jogger and runner. I used to jog and run for approx 7-9 km everyday. For last 30 days I am experiencing pain in lower part of the leg ie where the palm and leg is joined. Can you please help.
The movement between bones and muscles is possible due to the fluid filled sacs that enable smooth gliding of the bones. When there is an inflammation of these sacs, condition known as bursitis results, leading to friction, reduced movement, painful movement, discomfort, and irritation.
Some of the common causes of bursitis include age, which brings along reduced elasticity of the tendons and ligaments. Additionally, sudden injury to the bursa area, repetitive stress, overuse of the ligaments or tendons, incorrect posture, and improper exercise can all lead to bursitis.
The most commonly affected parts are the elbows, shoulders, hips, knees, and ankles. The dull, aching pain that ensues is accompanied by stiffness. Movement can worsen this pain. The area can be red, hot, and swollen indicating infection. Whatever the area affected, some of the common ways to manage bursitis pain are listed below.
- Rest: As soon as bursitis is identified, the area must be rested. As noted, in most cases, repetitive stress and injury is the most common cause, and resting the area really helps.
- Ice only: If bursitis is happening for the first time, then an ice pack alone should help reduce the pain in 1 to 2 days.
- Ice and moist heat: If it is happening repeatedly, then alternating moist heat and ice for 15 minutes each will help. This can be done two to three times a day.
- Anti-inflammatories: In most cases, if rest and topical therapy are not working, then the regular anti-inflammatory agents may be given.
- Physical Therapy: In some cases, mild exercises can help reduce inflammation and pain.
- DMSO (dimethyl sulfoxide): This clear, colorless, oily liquid is made from wood pulp and helps in reducing the inflammation caused by bursitis. A 70% DMSO mixture can be applied with cotton on the affected area 3 times a day for 3 days, then 2 times a day for the next 3 days, and then 1 time a day for the next 3 days. If there is no improvement in the first 3 days, it needs to be discontinued.
- Foods to remove calcium deposits: In a number of cases, bursitis that is present for months or years is worsened due to the calcium deposits. Foods like apple cider vinegar can help dissolve the calcium deposits that could have formed in the bursa.
- Steroids: Local injections of corticosteroids may be necessary in some cases. Though inflammation can be curtailed with this, there is always the fear of hampered immunity and altered sugar levels.
- Surgical drainage: In very rare cases, the bursa may need to be surgically drained.
Bursitis is a very common issue and can be managed easily as well. Consult your doctor and avoid medicating on your own.