Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Jaw Orthopedics Treatment
Knee Braces For Osteoarthritis Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sunil S. DikshitYour feedback matters!
Hi I usually sit on floor while eating by folding my legs in and after finishing my dinner when I got up. I feel heavy pain in my knee joints and I feel like some numb. Please helpe out with this Thanks in advance
My name is vinay soo many days to I have joints pain I have used soo many medicines but no results please give me the solution of my problem.
Sir I have frozen shoulder what to do its pain very badly. I am doing regular exercise but pain is severe. Pl help me.
My mom facing too much problem because of her knees. She is using Doctor ortho pain relief oil but no relief. What will be the best option for her? So that she can walk easily.
I am not able to walk properly because whenever I try to walk I get pained iny legs so please help what should I do?
My dad is suffering from pain in right foot's bone. It seem like arthritis. What should I do to make him relief from pain?
I am 71 plus. I have a peculiar problem. My feet soles give pain - rather burning sensation. I massage my knees, legs, back, shoulders, arms, chest, elbows, feet and soles every morning with sesame oil. My second problem is when I get up at night to urinate I get breathlessness when I come and lie down on bed. I got all heart related tests done - ecg, echo, tmt, nuclear tmt done. Heart is functioning extremely well for my age. It in fact improved from 53% to 72%. Doctors are unable to reason out the cause of my getting breathlessness at night. Don' t get breathless while walking even six km.
I am suffering digestion problem for more than a year, due to this am suffering from liver and back pain problem also. Plzz consult me.
How can I get rid of back pain. I was suffering from back pain since few months. Am doing regular exercise even was unable to get rid of it. Please help me over it.
My mother is having pain and soreness in right hand's thumb, and she is not able to bent it properly.
Slip disk is a condition of the spinal column which consists of a stack of vertebras from the cervical, thoracic and the lumbar spine.The bones of the spine are cushioned by disks that are present to absorb shocks. Trauma to the spine may cause the disk to bulge or be ruptured. This may lead to pain in the neck and the back.
Causes of slip disk
Slip disk is caused when the jelly like substance present in the disks bulges out. The damaged disk thus puts pressure on the adjacent nerve causing excruciating pain. The various causes of a slipped disk are:
1. Incorrect form during exercise: If you are into weight lifting, it is important that you use proper form during exercising. Moves like barbell squat and deadlifts can put pressure on the spine and lead to disk problems, if not done correctly. Make sure you work on your core strength and keep your lower back straight while exercising.
2. Smoking: Smoking causes the disks to lose their flexibility and thus, increases the risk of slipped disk.
3. Ageing: Ageing decreases the content of water in the spine, thus leading to inflexibility.
The symptoms of slip disk are:
1. Pain on one side of the body that tends to aggravate over time
2. Activities such as sitting and coughing may lead to pressure on the spine causing pain
3. Your range of motion on certain movements may be restricted
4. Pain in the neck while moving it
5. Numbness in the shoulder and the neck region
6. You may experience tingling sensations in the genitals, hips and the legs
7. You may have muscles spasms which lead to sudden contraction of the muscles
8. It may also lead to partial paralysis of the lower body
1. If you are overweight, try to reduce weight and then focus on maintaining healthy weight levels
2. Maintain proper posture while sitting or standing
3. Exercise on a regular basis to build strength and keep your joints healthy
4. Don't remain in seated position for an extended period of time. Take small breaks in between to stretch