Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Sunil S. DikshitYour feedback matters!
I have two knee pain when I stepped our 1st floor residence and our roof-top stain, I feel some pain. Actually my age is 58 years, my height is 5 ft 3 inches and my present waight is 67 kgs. Kindly advise me at the earliest what medicines should I take, my food habit should be and what type of excerise should I take henceforth.
My age is 32. I am suffering from my back pain problem from last 3 years. X-report is also normal. Took vitamin B12injections for a month on alternative days. Still the pain is same. Is there any treatment for this in Ayurveda?
Herniated disc, bulged disc, protruded intervertebral disc (PIVD) are the different names of one condition. This is a condition where- disc in between the two vertebral bodies starts peeping out on one side- anterior or posterior. These discs are just like the bags filled with liquid material, which work like shock-absorbent. There are several hard bony vertebrae in the vertebral column and there is plenty of movements with these vertebrae. When we look on one side to other side, we look upwards, downwards or we twist and even we bend forward or backward in each and every condition, there will be a movement in these bones, these discs decide the free movements of the spine. Along with this- when we walk or run there will be shocks and jerks to all these bones and these bags decide that there wont be any kind of jerks in between the bones. So, these discs are of multiple uses.
Our spine is inverted “S” shaped. There are two main curvatures in the spine which are free to move- Cervical and Lumbar curvatures. These curvatures of the spine are maintained due to the spaces in between the two vertebrae. Whenever there is a loss or change (specially reduction) of this space between two vertebrae- pressure will be exerted on the intervertebral discs. This uneven pressure on the disc causes- protrusion/bulge/herniation of the disc- this is the condition known as SLIPPED DISC, in layman language. Why does disc slip
Generally, slipped disc condition is diagnosed by its signs and symptoms. When slipped disc starts exerting pressure on the nerves surround the disc- the nerve will be excited which gives sensation of- Pain, Burning or Numbness in the related area of the nerve. This sensation can travel long far away to the areas, which are being supplied by the nerve and can be limited to a particular location in neck or back even. Sign & Symptoms of Slipped Disc.
Ayurveda about Slipped Disc
Where modern medical (Surgical) sciences believes that this is a problem of just bones and joints of the vertebral disc besides this Ayurveda takes a “Wholistic” (Complete and wholesome) approach towards this and tells that this is a problem at three levels-
- Mamsa Dhatu, Asthi Dhatu, Majja Dhatu!!
- These are different tissue levels according to Ayurveda- Mamsa is muscles, Asthi represents bones and the Majja denotes everything which is in between and in the bones.
- Mamsa (the muscles) starts stiffening due to the dryness – improper diet and imbalanced lifestyle and deteriorate the curvature of the spine- which leads to the deterioration of the intervertebral discs.
- Asthi (the bony tissue) is affected due to the muscles.
- Majja (the disc and the neural tissue- spine) is compressed due to the pressure and all effects.
So, we need to treat the condition, wisely and in a wholesome manner, rather just to removal of the protruded tissues (Laminotomy) and this is the basic reason- there are risks associated to the surgery of the spine and in almost more than 45% cases patients had to go for a second surgery to stay pain free. Why Surgery for spine doesn’t succeed. Secondly, this is a mechanical problem so medicines alone can give you temporary relief rather than the cure- So better you save your money and invest it on complete cure for the problem, rather than just taking the pain killers and medicines which were indicated in epilepsy to just reduce the signs and symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
My mother has pain in their knee. Everytime she sit she cannot sit up due to knee pain. So give me some suggestions that help my mother problem.
I have problem with my foot. Whenever I try to run fast I feel lots of pain on my foot that's way I can't run so fast so please sir give me some tips to reduce ma pain Thank you.
Hi I am 17 year old I have back ache from last 2 weeks I didn't used anything to get relief yet please suggest me something.
Joints are intersections between bones; they provide support to your body during movement. There are a host of conditions which might lead to joint pain; they are bursitis, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and gout. The most common joint pain disorders are knee pain, hip pain and shoulder pain.
Ayurveda associates joint pain with loss of bone density in the joints. This problem is characterized by a feeling of discomfort and cracking sounds. If the condition is not treated, it might lead to immobilization of the joint. The condition of the bones tends to deteriorate as they do not receive enough nutrition.
The other cause that leads to joint pain is toxin accumulation in the joints. As the toxin accumulates, it leads to heavy and stiff joints. If preventive measures are not taken on time, continuous accumulation of toxins may lead to swollen joints.
The various Ayurvedic remedies for joint pain are:
- Diet: Focus on eating foods especially that are salty, sour and sweet in taste. Add healthy foods such as rye and quinoa along with ghee as they pacify the "vata" in your body. Focus on natural foods such as vegetables and fruits to your diet.
- Herbs: Certain herbs such as turmeric help to treat joint pain. It contains curcumin that has anti-inflammatory properties which help in reducing the pain. You may also consume fenugreek seeds for its antioxidant content and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Lifestyle Changes: Make sure you exercise on a daily basis, do basic bodyweight exercises such as push-ups and squats to improve your strength. You may also start with yoga workouts to build flexibility and mobility in your body.
- Smoking and Alcohol: Limit smoking and alcohol consumption to keep your body healthy, and free from free radical damage. Alcohol may also cause you to put on weight, thus leading to obesity. Smoking may cause various problems in the lungs that may lead to breathing disorders.