Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sunil RaneYour feedback matters!
My 21 days old daughter start crying uncontrollably before urinating, she is facing this problem from past two days.
My daughter age 3 year do not want to eat anything. We are mainly rice eaters. She is greedy for junk foods but do not want to eat the main course. Now a days if we force to take food she vomits after taking a little food. Please give me a solution of this problem. She is getting thiner and thiner day by day.
My son is 7 year 11 months and am single parent. He was brought by my parents now am finding so diffcult to understand his needs and read his mind. He talks very rude, back answers, he carry's lot of pride good looking colour and sometimes he also faced the bullying at school. Kindly advice.
My daughter, aged 6.5 years underwent bilateral femoral osteotomy in Dec 2015 and Jan 2016. She was in hip spica cast for a total of eight weeks, followed by hip brace for four weeks. But her knees were flexed inwards after she came off the spica cast . After regular therapy for the past five months, it has opened out from 150 degrees to about 50 degrees now, Hips are in abducted attitude. Abduction is possible to about 50-60 degrees, but hip abduction movts seems to be quite painful for her. Her recent xray which was done few days back show " left femoral head dislocated inferiority" Her adductor muscles and hamstrings are tight. Kindly advise regarding further treatment possible to correct the dislocation. Thanks a lot.
I have started giving my 11 month baby buffalo milk with water on 50: 50 ratio from 4 months. But since then he has been getting lot of cough and sometimes he even vomits at night while coughing. I give him bottle with 120 ml milk twice during the night and once I feed him. During the day I give him aata soup, banana, roti, rice, etc. Of whatever we cook at home. Is milk the cause of his cough? If yes, what milk would be best suited for him then?
My baby was 5 months old. During Night whn we to sleep she unable to breath air frm noise. Instead of noise she breathing of mouth that why unable to eat meal also. Pliz advice or some precaution.
My baby is 8 months old. I started to give oats to my baby. Is it good for my baby? I give homemade cerelac and ragi porridge.
A local podiatrist has preferred Isomil (Soy based) over Nan Pro for my baby. Is it advisable to go for Isomil since I see mixed reviews about Soy based formula. However she is being breast fed too with what little milk is being produced. Please advise. We are confused and concerned.
My baby was born premature at 32 weeks and had sepsis. She is now 1.y months old. The OAE screen has come refer twice however the baby responds to sounds of rattles and music when she cries and we use rate she goes quite. Please suggest if she has hearing issues.
Dear sir/madam. May I know what is" coarctation of aorta" moderate LV dysfunction" mild MR' OS ASD with left to right shunt" mild PHT. Please reply anyone. My 3 months baby having the problem. What the remedy or solution of this problem?
6 days ago my son started running nose. 2 days back he suffered with fever. That time gave him paracetamol 10 drops 2 times at the interval of 6 hrs. Fever stopped but he got cough. Please advice any cough syrup for him.
What about" neurocetam 800" 3 times a day to a 10 year old child with 50 kg weight. To stop cerebeller ataxia to grow more. Is this medicine is having side effects of nervousness and depression also wt gain. Is it ok to give or not?
When we bathing to babies if they are swallowing the water will the baby suffer from cold is it true and also tell us which medicines used for wet cough and cold for 3 months baby.
My daughter is 11 months old, is consuming very less water and passing very less urine since last for days. Is it normal?
You might think, as a parent, that if you behave strictly then your child will become well-behaved. But research and studies have shown that the opposite happens. Strict parenting leads to children who behave worse than others and they suffer from low self-esteem.
Some other reasons why being strict is harmful:
- Never learning self-regulation: Responsibility and self-discipline have to be learned by the children themselves. When you put harsh limits on them, they never learn self-regulation. If they think the limits don’t sound too harsh, they will learn to accept them. But the limits placed on them should never be controlling. If this happens, children see themselves as being controlled and no one enjoys being controlled.
- Instilling fear: If you are being authoritarian (parenting in which there are high demands and low sympathy) instead of empathetic, then your children will become scared of you. You are instilling the power of fear in them. This triggers a vicious chain of events. When you yell, they will yell as well.
- Anger and depression: Authoritarian parenting often leads to children believing a part of them is unacceptable. They feel that their parents would not understand. It makes them susceptible to anger management issues and depression.
- Blindly obeying those in power: Children raised up in strict households start thinking power is always right. They learn to obey blindly. This makes them vulnerable to peer pressure. They also never learn to take responsibility for their actions.
- Rebelling: Children tend to be angrier and become rebellious when they have strict parents. The need to break free and not conform to the non-empathetic limits that forces them to act out. They might even nurture thoughts about leaving home and running away.
- Lying: Strict parenting creates excellent liars. Children learn to lie when they are in trouble. They think lies will placate their parents and they can get away with anything.
- Damage to parent-child relationship: If you are strict and you don’t change your authoritarian ways, then it damages your relationship with your children. Natural empathy is lacking in strict parents. You don’t understand your child, and your child doesn’t feel like sharing their lives with you. It creates a divide between the parent and child. Children never quite get over this as they grow older. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.