Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
My child is 9 day old she is suffering from cold from the beginning of her birth. Can help me pls .I'm very far from city.
He has started his 6th month today so wat food we need to start with him as he is on only feeding and powder milk?
What types of food I can give my baby as she is just five months and I don't have much breast-feeding because of very less milk. Other than formula milk what can I give her.
We are going to fly with our 8.5 months old son in a week for the first time. The flight is around 1 hour long. What all do we need take care of?
My son is 7 years old he is suffering from headache n dizziness, while dizzying he sees cars around his eyes, dizziness is not regular but some times, pls advice what to do?
My baby is 3 month old boy is suffering from running nose and cough for last four days. There is no fever. Is there any role of antibiotic now? And how can I clean his nose?
My son is 8 years old. He is having high fever since Friday night. Given him antibiotics and Crocin. Fever is still not going down. What should I do?
Calcium Supplements like Shelcal ( for elderly) and Calci max suspension(for children) contain Calcium carbonate as one of the main components.People say that one should avoid these supplements as the Calcium carbonate present in these can cause stones after a period of time. If this is true, kindly advise alternate calcium supplements for elderly as well as children which are totally safe.
My one and half year old daughter is medically situs inversion case. I want to know there will be all ok in future ? Currently no problem.
My sons age is 12yrs. He creates too much inosance at school. His behaviour is very rediculous. No interest in studies. I am getting somany complaints from school. How to bing him in normal life. I get lot of tension. Whom to consult in this regard. He never follows my word. Pl guide me
Why breech baby form's and why mother's having low or adequate liquor. It causes c section, after c section can women get normal delivery? How much time gap is necessary for first and second pregnancy?
Basic information given above is of my baby girl. She is of one and half month age. My question is whether to provide water for my baby during this hot summer or not? Is it necessary to give gripe water?
My son aged 4.6 years has Vit D deficiency. Apart from Vit D rich food which medicine I can give him.
Recently we have stopped mother's feeding to my son aged 17 months. He is not drinking cows milk. We are forcefully feeding him 1 chapati morning, afternoon & evening. He woke up in night and starts crying. We tried to feed him milk or other food he is not eating cried for 1 to 1.5 hrs every 3 hrs. We don't know what went wrong. Earlier when he was on breast feeding he used to woke 2-3 times for feeding and was sleeping. In day time also he is becoming restless and keeps on crying .Please guide us.
Hi, my 2 1/2 year old daughter has severe cough from past 10 days. Tried many syrups but didn't work. Not sure whether its due to reflux or infection in lungs. Looking for a best pediatrician who doesn't do experiments on children. Please do the needful. Thanks in advance.
My two months old son has increased his feed demands and diet, but he vomits extra semi digested milk, after few feeds and does potty 2-3 times a day. Is it all fine or his growth is being interrupted? Kindly help.
Hi, my baby is 5 months old. He has a severe chest congestion from last 7 days. Doctor gave maxtra drops 8 drops twice a day, ventorlin syrup 1.5 ml thrice a day and nebulization with levolin 0.3 mg twice a day. After 5 days I stopped giving medicines but next day he had chest congestion even more severe. I am afraid of medicines due to there side effects. Please suggest something. My baby is active and playful. He is taking breast milk properly.
My child is of 4 months. He got loose motion due to infection because I feed him through bottle also please suggest me remedy.
Upper respiratory infection (URI) is a condition, which involves illness, mainly caused by critical infection in the upper respiratory tract. This region includes the pharynx, larynx, nose and sinus. This infection causes diseases, such as tonsillitis (tonsils get inflamed), pharyngitis (causes sore throat) sinusitis (nasal passage becomes inflamed), laryngitis (voice box in your throat gets inflamed) and common cold.
Causes of upper respiratory infection (URI):
- Both virus and bacteria cause upper respiratory infection (URI). The most common form of virus causing this infection is known as 'rhinovirus.'
- The immune system of young adults and children are often very vulnerable. Hence, they are more likely to develop upper respiratory tract infection.
- URI is also contagious and airborne in nature. So if a person comes in contact with an infected person suffering from URI, he/she is likely to develop this infection.
- Not washing hands before meals can also cause upper respiratory infection because the virus can be transferred easily to the mouth and can travel into your system.
- If you have any lung problem or heart disease, you are more likely to be susceptible to upper respiratory infection.
- Those who already have inflamed tonsils can trigger tonsillitis by drinking any cold or spicy beverage like ice-creams or cold milkshakes.
- Exposure to some flu or cold can cause pharyngitis. It can also be caused by second hand smoking.
- Birth defects or structural defects in the nasal cavity or nasal polyps can cause sinusitis. Sometimes the inside part of the nose may get swollen due to common cold and block your ducts. This is a common cause for sinusitis.
Symptoms of acute upper respiratory infection:
- Congestion in the lungs or nasal area.
- Whooping cough
- Running nose due to common cold.
- Feelings of fatigue and lethargy throughout the day.
- Your body will start aching without engaging in any physical exercise.
- You can also lose consciousness in severe respiratory tract infections.
- Difficulty in breathing.
- Oxygen levels in blood drop down drastically.
Sometimes in worse cases, acute upper respiratory tract infection (URI) can also cause respiratory failure, respiratory arrest and congestive heart failure. Therefore, it is necessary to book an appointment with a doctor as soon as you start experiencing the above symptoms.