Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sunil M KeswaniYour feedback matters!
Hi I'm a male or boy can we drink water immediately after eating ? Is it good for our health and skin? Does drinking water immediately after eating is good for our health and skin or it is bad? please tel me plz.
I have oily skin And my skin color is dark Not to much black but from all of my family my color is dark How I get fairy lokk Permanent fairy look.
I am 20 years old and I have concern regarding my breasts i. E whatever dress I wear my nipples are popped out to dress and easily visible. Request you to advise me on what measures to be taken to avoid it completely so that I am able to wear any type of dress.
Ring worm red2 jesa ho rkha he niche thigh k under me ab fail gya he face pe bhi ho gya half bumb pe bhi ho gya 6 month ho gae dwai b khai cream lgata ho chla jata he mgar fir aa jata h 4-6 din me ja hi nhi rha kya krun?.
Hello madam/sir. I want to ask you that my mom's having CA right breast cancer. She is under treatment taking herceptin Injection along with saline once in a month. Suddenly she got feel paining on her left upper chest just upper portion from the left breast. What should we do is that heart disease? She has back thought out pain also. Spinal cord. Now seriously scared about that coz of cancer? Kindly help us.
Sir on my chest their are rushes (daad) its just like small circles and its on the whole chest some time their is itching also. please sir advice me and also medicine for it.
My skin complexion is very dark what should I do to lighten my skin complexion without any side effects.
Which one is better for skin whitening cream . Almond soaked in milk or milk and saffron? Please reply soon.
How to get rid of oily skin? Because oily skin leads to the growth of pimples , leaving dark circles. Please tell me a remedy for did problem.
My feet are paining .and the skin too has torn apart. Doctor advised glycerine soap but still no relief .kindly suggest remedy or prescribe medicine.
I am a medium complexion man, I have oily skin, every time my forehead and nose are look like wet due to the oil skin issue. This is very irritating. Any solution for change my oily nature of skin??
Breast me glands ho hata hai ar uska operation karwane k kuch saal baad phir agar glands ho jata hai to kya karna chahiye agar aise hi usko chod diya jaye to koi problem to nhi hoga.
She is 20 years age she wants to become farrier white skin how to get smooth silky white body and how to get big booms she had small breast and she had a stretch marks on her knee joints how to get rid from it.
What should I do to get white glowing skin? Is it better to take facial treatments or eating proper foods. Which is effective. I don't know whether there is such type of foods which makes skin white and glow. But I think eating proper foods makes a permanent white glowing skin. Is there any other methods? Any way any how I need a way to get my skin permanent white & glow. If anybody knows the treatment suggest me please. Take it as a request.
I am 16 years old and I am having problems of acne and pimples, what can I do to cure it permanently, and prevent my skin from getting too much oily?
Pricked a part too many times and it always Bled, now that area looks Black (not a scar) you can call them rashes maybe.
What is Razor Bump (Pseudofolliculitis Barbae)?
It is an inflammatory reaction to the hair shaft entering the skin, most common in blacks who shave regularly.
Who gets razor bumps?
About 50% of black males are said to be affected. Other races can also be affected. Though the condition is most commonly reported in men, women who remove unwanted hair also suffer from this condition.
Causes of Razor Bumps-
The condition is caused by both genetic factors and various hair removal methods.
- Curved hair follicles and curly hair
- A defect in the gene for the hair protein keratin 6hf
Hair removal methods may cause razor bumps by either creating a sharp hair tip that re-enters the skin away from the hair pore (extrafollicular penetration) or by the hair shaft breaking off at different lengths and piercing the follicle from within the skin (transfollicular penetration). An inflammatory reaction is then set up in response to the hair fragments lying in the skin. The following methods may cause razor bumps:
- Ingrown hairs
- Red, skin coloured or dark bumps
- Bumps containing pus
What are the complications of razor bumps?
- Pigmentary problems (darkening of the area most common)
- Abscess formation
- Psychological problems
Razor bumps are most common on the beard, however they have been reported to occur on the pubic area, legs and scalp.
There are several treatment options to deal with razor bumps already present. They include:
- Alpha-hydroxy acids
- Chemical peels
Prevention of Razor Bumps:
It is true to say that 'prevention is better than cure'. Here are the preventions-
- Laser hair removal is the best method of removing unwanted hair in individuals affected with this condition. The laser device is programmed to selectively target the pigment in the hair follicle, destroying it, while leaving the skin intact.
- Electrical clippers are found by many to cause less bumps than razors. If one must shave it is important to avoid a close shave to help prevent razor bumps. The following is a guide to safer shaving methods:
- Brush hairs with polyester sponge before shaving.
- Wash beard, use pre-shave cream or gel.
- Avoid double and triple blade razors.
- Shave in the direction of hair growth.
- Do not pull the skin taut.
- Use a sharp blade, rinse after each stroke.
- Apply a cold compress after shaving, then a soothing aftershave preparation.
- Clipping hairs with a small pair of facial scissors is an option for women with few unwanted hairs.
- Chemical depilatories (hair removal creams) are another option for hair removal.
- Electrolysis is a permanent method of hair removal but requires several sessions. It is operator dependent and can cause bumps and scarring. Waxing and tweezing also have the potential to cause bumps.
- Eflornithine hydrochloride is a cream that slows the growth of hair and therefore can be used in combination with a hair removal method. It is marketed for women with unwanted facial hair.
- Anti-androgen drugs can be used in females who have hirsutism (male pattern hair growth e.g. beard hairs)