Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Sir I have dark complex sir please recommend me any good tube which I can use at night for glowing skin. Please help me.
I have got pigmentation on my cheeks during my pregnancy. It looks dirty. What is the best medicine and how do I apply them?
Because of constipation when I go to stool, the blood comes from somewhere around anus. What should I do for this?
I m 18 year old & i have many pimples, blackheads, whiteheads & dark spots on my face :( Please guide me to clear all these with home remedies in 15 days :)
Since its inception, Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) has been used for healing wounded tissues. It has been majorly used as a remedy for connective tissue damage. Owing to recent advancements in medical research, PRP finds its application in hair restoration therapy.
PRP for hair restoration is a developing non-surgical technique to stimulate hair growth. This therapeutic process finds its vital use in fuelling hair growth in male and female suffering from hair loss. The entire concept of PRP revolves round the body's natural healing power. It amplifies the healing mechanism and enhances the density of hair.
Advantages of PRP:
- PRP enhances the growth of follicular hair cells
- PRP upgrades the blood supply to scalp
- The hair growth cycle is elevated
- Swelling of scalp is decreased to a greater extent
- All the factors contributing to hair growth are supplied
PRP is essentially an intense source of platelets. It consists of numerous growth factors, which can promote the healing power of skin and scalp. When PRP is used along with hair transplant surgery, it enhances the growth rate of follicular hair grafts. If PRP is used to treat hair loss, it significantly minimizes the rate of hair fall.
The Procedure of PRP:
The complete PRP procedure is very simple and patient experiences minimal pain. Blood is drawn from the patient in an amount equal to that of taken during any blood test. The blood is rotated with a high frequency in a centrifuge to detach the PRP from the rest of the blood. Next, the PRP is concentrated to thrice the normal blood count by spinning it in a closed sterile system. The procedure makes PRP devoid of granulocyte, which otherwise hampers the cell regeneration system of the body. The scalp of the patient is supplied with anesthesia so that the patient undergoes minimal pain. Finally, the PRP is infused into the scalp of the patient. No further medication is required.
How effective is PRP?
PRP is completely safe and natural. It does not involve any kind of modification of cells. It just concentrates the growth factors in blood so as to promote the hair growth. No blood infection occurs during the process. Thus, it can be easily undertaken by anyone suffering from hair loss. However, it is completely a personal choice.
Hi I have a problem with my face n hand skin. My skin are getting dark I don't know why it's wasn't like that before when I were at south africa can I have what must I do?
Blacking of lips. What are the reasons for it and how to get pink lips soon. Please suggests some medicines too Thanks.
I have a skin problem on my pennis it becomes fuggy white skin and red dots on it. And it continuously over there what I will do?
It is hard to escape the harsh rays of the sun during summers. Staying outdoors for too long will lead to tanned skin, which is a sign of skin damage. Sometimes skin damage can get severe and lead to diseases like skin cancer.
To prevent your skin from damaging and keep it healthy, here are seven pro tips:
- Never skip the sunscreen: Sunscreen with SPF 15 or more will help in protecting your skin from harmful UV rays. Even if you are going to be out in the sun for more than 15 minutes, make sure to apply sunscreen generously. Remember, the higher the SPF, the better is the protection.
- Always wear sunglasses: Sun damage can lead to premature signs of aging; especially wrinkles around the eyes since the skin around your eyes are very thin. Wider lenses that can block out 99% of sun rays are recommended to protect your eyes.
- Your lips need protection too: Just like your eyes, the skin is much more delicate and thinner on your lips. Your lips are susceptible to tanning as well, along with the risk of fine lines around the mouth if not well protected. Always apply a lip protection balm when going out.
- UPF clothing: Garment with special UPF (Ultraviolet Protection Factor) coating can shield you from harmful UVA and UVB rays. Like SPF, the higher the UPF, they better it will protect you. Regular clothes can protect you as well, provided they are woven tightly and are of a darker color.
- Keeping a close look at the time: UV rays are the strongest and mostly harmful from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. If you are out during these hours, do not forget the sunscreen, umbrella and sunglasses.
- Don't forget to protect your head: A hat with a brim of 2 to 3 inches all around shield the skin of your neck, face and ears and protects you from skin damage.
- Apply religiously: Even if your sunscreen promises that it is sweat proof, waterproof or rub proof, it never completely is, as no product works the same for everybody. So apply your sunscreen throughout the day.
I am facing a problem. In my face there is black spots nd pimples. And my colour is black. How to be my face white and how to remove my pimples.
Within the human body, there are certain parts, which are more prone to stress and friction than others. All joints are susceptible to this, but even within the joints, the knees are even more of a stress point.
The skin on the knees, as well as the bones, the joint and the cartilage, are highly susceptible to wear and tear. Due to frequent rubbing and friction, the skin can be put under much stress and thus, may cause skin conditions as well.
One of the most common skin conditions that many face is the hardening and darkening of the knees.
This may happen due to,
- Continuous friction from clothing
- Playing sports out in the sun where the knees may be exposed
- Excessive keratin on the skin on the knees
- Resting on the knees for long periods of time
- Other physiological conditions that may result in skin pigmentation
There are some quick remedies that can be used to rectify or at least lessen the dark patches on the knees.
- Cleansing or exfoliating - Dead skin cells may build up in layers and cause the darkening of the knees and, thus, it is important to regularly exfoliate or scrub with a gentle soap. In mild cases, this alone can take care of the problems of dark knees.
- Using lemon juice - Applying lemon juice 2 times daily for a few days regularly will reduce the dark areas and lighten the skin.
- Moisturizing the skin - Applying a moisturizer regularly on the skin will keep it hydrated and also help in reducing dead skin cells piling up. This will prevent and also lessen the darkening of the skin on the knees.
However, home remedies or treatments may not be the solution in all cases as there may be underlying physical causes, which need to be treated at a deeper level. In such cases, it is prudent to seek dermatological treatment.