Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Sundeep ShahYour feedback matters!
I had severe acidity. I was advised to give up milk and curd and cut down on travel. I have given up milk for the last ten years and now I have Osteopenia. Kindly advise.
I am having an heavy acidity problem, sometimes it looks like that something is sticked in my chest during eat and it also burns. What to do?
The human digestive system is a very complicated and sizeable component of the body. It starts right at the beginning of the mouth, ending at the rectum. Some of the major responsibilities of the digestive system include absorption of essential nutrients and elimination of wastes.
Not only do digestive problems have embarrassing and unwanted symptoms, serious, chronic diseases can be caused if the minor problems are not treated.
Some digestive problems are listed below:
- GERD: This is a burning sensation that results from acids in the stomach being squirted into the oesophagus. A burning sensation is felt, right from the chest to the end of the throat. Frequent heartburns can lead to GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease), symptoms of which include dry cough, sore throat, chest discomfort and difficulty in swallowing.
- Bloating: This is caused due to the presence of excess gas in the colon, small intestines or the stomach.
- Dyspepsia: This is an uncomfortable feeling or pain which occurs in the upper abdominal regions, mostly a result of excess food intake. It is commonly referred to as indigestion. Dyspepsia can be discomforting and if prolonged, medical assistance should be opted for.
- Chronic Constipation: Persistent constipation (chronic) is a sign that there is a problem with the elimination of wastes. This usually happens when the colon is unable to move or pass stools. Other major causes of chronic constipation can be changes in your usual diet, various eating disorders, Irritable Bowel Syndrome and excessive consumption of dairy products among others.
- Food Intolerance: This occurs when the digestive system is unable to tolerate certain food items. This condition is different from food allergies as it only affects the digestive system. Some of the common symptoms include diarrhoea, headache, gas and vomiting.
Possible Serious Conditions-
A gastroenterologist is a type of doctor that specializes in diagnosing and treating diseases involving the digestive system. If you continue to experience digestion problems, it’s time to make an appointment.
More serious signs could mean an emergency medical problem. Those signs include:
- bloody stools
- continuous vomiting
- severe abdominal cramps
- sudden, unintentional weight loss
These symptoms could be an indication of an infection, gallstones, hepatitis, internal bleeding, or cancer.
You may be able to overcome digestion problems with treatment and lifestyle changes. Certain diseases of the digestive system might be long-term, but medications can help alleviate symptoms.
Identifying specific digestion problems and talking with a doctor can go a long way in terms of helping your doctor give you a proper diagnosis. Remember, you don’t have to put up with constant digestive issues.
I want to know I have severe pain earlier in my abdomen and my doctor told that I have cyst in my ovaries and it need to be removed so I get my operate before marriage but at that time it cause no harm to my ovaries but now till 3 years of my marriage I dnt have baby and now I am suffering from usually small ovarian and thin endometrium problem is it due to that operate of cyst bcoz my hormone report is good no problem in that plzzz help.
I am 30+, few years back flaura and fauna in my intestine was disturbed and I had lot of stomach issues and got irritable bowel syndrome. Done lot of testing - ultrasound, stool etc. No issue is noticed in any testing. Now - what I noticed is my stool diameter is hardly 1 cm normally. But whenever I take any anti biotics for any reason (eg-throat issue) the stool/bowel width increases to 2 cm or more. If there a issue here I need to worry and if so how to proceed?
I have fatty liver what food and precautions should I take in order to cure fatty liver. Also what kind of fruits can I take.
Sir, I am 27 year old man. My weight is 62kg. I am suffering from acidity last 2 years. I have take the medicine time to time according to doctors advice. They prescdibed me rentech, pantosec & omecip-d. But when till I will take this medicine than till I will well, but when left this medicine, the problem arise again. To continously take this medicine my liver is abnormal or fatty. Sir please tell me what I can do ?
Gas problem. Potty clear not daily. Constipation problem. Sometimes bleeding with potty. When urine think a mania like potty will done. Urine gap 5 mins only but little bit. Can not sleep easily. Please help.
I am 30yrs old. And I have severe gastric problem since 2yrs. Especially when I ate any masala content I feel more gastric problem and also recently like pas t one weak I feel more thirsty even though I drunk more water. While passing urine I feel more smell frequently. And also I feel more chest pain.
I'm male, 21 suffering from gastric problem. I feel like my stomach is full when I sit on chair, tables etc. N I feel pain. This problem is persisting since 4-5 days.
? Cirrhosis of the liver is when the blood flow to and from the liver gets obstructed
? This happens when healthy tissues are replaced with scar tissues
? As time progresses, the size of the liver reduces
Symptoms to look for:
? Abdominal pain
? Loss of weight
? Foul breath
? Jaundiced skin
? Thin, red spidery markings on face, neck and arms
? Abdominal bloating
? Excessive alcohol consumption
? Poor nutrition
? Presence of toxins in the body
Natural home remedy using papaya seeds and lemon juice:
1. Crush a handful of papaya seeds
2. Press them on a sieve and extract the juice
3. Take 1 tbsp of this juice
4. Add 2 tbsp of lemon juice
5. Mix well
6. Drink 2 times every day
Natural home remedy using yogurt and cumin powder:
1. Take 2 tbsp of yogurt
2. Add 2 cups of water
3. Add 2 tsp of cumin seed powder
4. Add 1 tsp of salt
5. Blend them together to make buttermilk
6. Drink 2 times every day
Natural home remedy using lemon and salt:
1. Take 1 glass water
2. Squeeze half a lemon
3. Add 1 tsp of salt
4. Mix well
5. Drink 3 times a day
Natural home remedy using carrot and spinach juice:
1. Wash and chop a carrot
2. Wash and chop a few spinach leaves
3. Crush them to a fine paste
4. Press this paste on a strainer and remove the juice
5. Drink this juice to get relief from this condition
I have operation of fistula in anal successful but now I am facing problem where it has operated like pain, etc. What should I do?
I am suffering from Irritable bowel syndrome D.IT'S getting worse .need medication. .please help. Thanks.
Im having gastric trouble alot. My stomach bloats. It becomes big. I feel gas present in my chest. I feel like vomit sometimes. What to do to get rid of gas. And I have done medical tests everything are normal. I have regular periods. But psychologically im disturbed alot help me.
I am having pain in my leg, more in ankles. Sometimes there is little swelling on my face. Alsp have a problem of burping.
I am feeling pain in my chest muscle from last few days. I feel it when I awake in morning and more when I sleep. Although I do not feel it while breathing. I usually suffers from acidity.
I got a Skin problem on my elbow. I can share the images. I don't know suddenly 2 Red spots and big in size.
Dear sir, Actually I am suffering from IBS one of doctor from Lybrate has suggested me for grahini gajendra ras I don't have the availability of it my living place and nearer do I have any some other alternative except grahini kapat ras.
Diarrhoea depletes the body of fluids, salts and minerals that can lead to dehydration.
* Apple juice, water and other clear fluids
* Black tea
* Rehydration Solution(ORS/Electral)
* White rice
OFF THE MENU
* Starvation, fluid or restricted diets
* Foods containing sorbitol (Mints and Chewing gum)
* Milk and dairy foods
* Alcohol, caffeine, and vitamin C tablets