Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sumith AgarwalYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr. My skin looks totally dull since my experience with scabies. Like I've lost my glow from inside. What should I do? Help me.
My face skin got tanned due to excessive exposure to sun during my high school in hyderabad, before that my skin was quite fair but now all I got is tanned face skin. I have also tried numerous face washs but all in vain. Help me out.
I have scratchy black pinheads under my knee joint. They are darkening that region. It looks little ugly.
I have a small pimple near ma pelvis area. The pimple kinda thing isn't visible from outside, its from inside my skin n the visibility is like a pimple. Family doctor said its just an extra flesh or lik a non dangerous tumor that has grown(its size is constant since several months so I haven't concentrated on it), n it pains a little wen I press it hard. He adviced me to consult a skin doctor who would suggest some medication to melt the tumor or conduct a minor surgery. I haven't visited any skin doctor as i am scared of surgeries. Should I worry about it?
Hi sir, I am. 24 years old male, my complexion is very much black I am shy to go to out side With black face I have used no of cosmetics face washes but useless so please suggest me a soap or face cream for instant fairer complexion.
please let me know. Having lots of acne and whiteheads on my face. Nd I am becoming dull .still I can use rose water? Nd tell something about dull face? Waiting for your soonest reply?
I have black spots as well as on my back. I uss scar removal cream but cannot any changes .what should I do?
Rosacea is a medical condition of the skin that affects people across the globe. The exact cause of rosacea is unknown to scientists and there is still no permanent solution to this. However, heredity is believed to be one of the causes of rosacea. They are small and red in appearance, often filled with pus. They are fairly visible on forehead, nose, and cheeks. They occur in cycles, and temporarily go away only to come back within a short interval of time.
There are four kinds of rosacea, namely erythematotelangiectatic, papulopustular, rhinophyma and ocular. Every rosacea type has its own set of symptoms. Rosacea can get worse if there is a tendency of eating spicy food and alcohol consumption. Ayurveda is known to be a great treatment option for treating rosacea. Here is a set of Ayurvedic treatment options that could fetch great results:
- Turmeric: Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant powerhouse. It can treat a range of skin diseases, such as skin aging, hyperpigmentation and scarring. Not to mention it is one of the finest elements to treat rosacea. Experts of Ayurveda suggest consuming one spoon of turmeric on a daily basis to avoid skin inflammation and other skin problems. It can be taken in the form of juice, with food, and capsule.
- Carrots and beets: Carrots and beets are one of the best forms of iron. The latter is required for the normal functioning of the skin. Deficiency of it can cause the skin to be dry and sallow. Beets and carrots have the ability to control rosacea. They can be consumed daily with food or in the form of juice.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is more commonly known as east Indian ginseng. They are one of the most powerful herbs to treat rosacea. Being anti-inflammatory in nature, it strengthens the skin from within and helps in getting rid of rosacea puss. Ashwagandha can be applied in the form of an extract every alternate day to fetch great results.
- Honey: Honey is a natural cleanser and antioxidant. They directly attack the rosacea causing virus and do not let them spread. Honey can also bring down the reddish patches that are so common of rosacea. Honey should be applied on the face before taking a bath or sleeping, and washed away with warm water after 1 to 2 hours.
- Fenugreek: Fenugreek is an ancient medicinal plant that is rich in vitamin C, folic acid, vitamin A, vitamin K, iron, potassium, and calcium. They help the skin to glow and remove the reddish patches on the face. Its anti-inflammatory nature does not allow the pus to form. It is also considered to be an anti-itching agent. It can be consumed daily in meals. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Hello I am Dr. Chiranjiv Chabra. I am dermatologist and I am the director and chief dermatologist at skin alive clinics. Today we look into the Anti-aging treatments that are available to make us look more vibrant, youthful and younger. Before getting into the treatments we should understand how aging happening is and why it is happening? Aging happens due to external factors that is the environmental factors and our lifestyle as well as internal factors that is the natural aging process. None of us can escape the aging process.
Let us look into the solutions how we can solve these issues. When we age, aging is happening at the level of our bowl and then at the level of the soft tissue which is over the bowl and then at the level of the skin. So all layers of the skin as well as the underline tissue has to be taken care of in these treatments. The various treatments that can be used for anti-aging or aging solutions. The effective ones are laser rejuvenation, where in a beam of light is made to shine on the skin and this light stimulates our collagen, tightens and lifts the skin, makes the skin smoother, and of a better quality. We can get results even in as less as four to five sessions, which can be done at a gap of one week each. This is called laser rejuvenation or laser toning.
Then we have advance treatments like Firm Fractional laser which is a treatment to tighten and lift the skin. Besides doing this it also removes blemishes, dyschromias, patchy skin, tanning, and so the skin looks fresher, even in color, and younger. Just a few sessions can make us look at least 5-6 years younger. Then there are array of medical facials available like diamond polishing or microdermabrasion, vitamin C electroporation lightening therapies, oxygen therapies for the face. These treatments are mild and gentle on the skin and they remove tiredness and bring around freshness to the face. Some of the latest treatments or solutions for anti-aging are thermage, Al-therapy, Botox fillers, and vampire facelift. Let us look into all of these one by one.
- Thermage is a single session treatment, non-invasive, relatively painless, to tighten and lift a skin. It does so by stimulating the collagen and the proteins in the skin and helps in tightening of the jaw-line, cheeks, eyelids, skin, and neck in fact any part of the body. This treatment is very popular and we have been doing it for the past 15 years now.
- Al-therapy is another technology to lift and tighten the skin. Here the sound waves touch the skin very gently and tighten and lift. Especially used for the area of the jaw-line, eyebrow lift, cheek lift, as well as it can lift any part of the body like sagging arms, stomach or breasts.
- Besides this there is a very interesting treatment called Vampire facelift. This is a trademark treatment wherein we take the blood of the patient that is the individual, and we put it into a special process by this we separate your own growth factors which are re-applied onto the skin.
Now these growth factors when re-applied on the skin they work as an anti-aging factors and they tighten and lift the skin and also improves the skin quality and glow and hydration. Now combine with these treatments which I have just discussed there are two latest therapies called Botox and Fillers. Botox is nothing but a simple protein, this protein was once upon a time and still is used ok we stop here again Botox. So if looking younger is in your mind you can choose any of the above treatments.
If you have any further queries you can visit us at Lybrate.