Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sumeet Sarang (P.T.)
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Sumeet Sarang (P.T.)Your feedback matters!
I am 57 years old lady ,I have sever knee pain since 2 years , I am depressed also due to pain ,what to do.
I am 70 born female, i often get back-waist pain while sleeping at night. But urine discharge i fell relaxed but again start pining but not severe. I have almost sleepless night. I am divorcee but still maiden. Is there any female or prostate problem ?
I am 78 years old My health is OK I am walking 3 km daily But the walk-chal-gait- is not stable It is like a drunk man. Whom should I consult-neuro or ph or cardiac dr. Please suggest.
I am suffering from a back pain since last 3 days and due to which I am not to do my any work. I have slip disc problem too please suggest me some remedy.
Sir. I am suffering from gas problem in 6 months. Please tell me what's the solutions. Also suffering in knee pain problem. I am in 34.
I am 52 years old, I am doing clerical work. Now I am suffering from cervical spasm, neck sprain and strain, paining left shoulder and arm. Kindly suggest what should I do.
Dr. On and off I am getting back problems. In jan I had back spasam problem in right side and took some injections and it was ok. Then the problem came in the right side hib cured after injection and physiotherpy. Now from day right side paining a lot. I donot have any sugar or no bp but cholestral is there. My near by Dr. Says obesity is the problem and I am 5.3 and weighing 98 kgs. I donot want to take physiotherapy or any power killer tablets. Kindly advise what to do. Pain is acute.
Damaged hips can cause great distress in carrying out daily activities, such as walking, getting dressed and many more. If you have damaged one or both of your hips, and it causes you great pain, you may require a hip replacement. It is a common form of surgery in which a damaged hip joint gets replaced with an artificial one. This is known as prosthesis.
Conditions which lead to hip replacement
- Osteoporosis where the cartilage inside a hip joint gets worn out, and the bones rub with each other as a result
- Rheumatoid arthritis, which is caused when the immune system attacks the hip joint lining by mistake
- If the hip joint gets damaged severely during an accident or fall
The purpose of a replaced hip joint is to provide pain relief, improve the hip’s function, improve your ability to carry out day-to-day activities and improve your overall quality of life.
A hip replacement is usually carried out under general anesthesia. An incision is made in the hip by the surgeon and the damaged hip joint is removed through it. It is replaced with an artificial metal alloy or a ceramic joint. The surgery takes approximately 60 to 90 minutes for completion.
After the surgery, a walking aid such as crutches is required for up to four to six weeks. You may enroll for an exercise program, which aims at regaining and improving the new hip joint functions. Regular activities can be restored within two to three months. A year is required for utilizing the new hip joint normally.
Risks of hip replacement
There may be several complications as a result of a hip replacement. They include:
- Dislocation of the hips
- Infection at the surgery wound
- Injury to nerves and blood vessels
- Difference between the lengths of two legs
Hip replacement surgery has an alternative type of surgery, which is called hip resurfacing. During this surgery, the damaged surfaces of the bones within the hip joint are removed and replaced with a metal surface. Less bone is removed in this surgery. However, the metal surface may cause complications and health hazards.
Hip replacement is being improved upon with the advent of technology. Stronger and newer materials are being developed for prosthetics, which will allow enhanced joint mobility and a longer wear. New cement-less implants are also being developed. Also surgery assisted by computer is being used for generating an image of the hip joint. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
The knee joint is called Janu Sandhi in Sanskrit; hence the name Janu Basti is given to the procedure done on knee joints. In this, the knee joint is bathed with warm medicated oil or freshly prepared herbal decoction. Depending on the condition it can be practiced over both the knee joints or on one knee joint. Knee joints are considered as sandhi Marma in Ayurveda (joint type of vital areas) which measure about three fingers (three anguli pramana). So the Janu vasti is specialized knee therapy or massage which rejuvenate the Janu marma.
- The person is made to lie on his back on the massage table (Droni).
- Reservoir made of black gram dough is built upon the Knee Joint. The dough ring should be such that it covers the knee joint.
- After ensuring the ring is leakproof, the lukewarm medicated oil or herbal decoction is slowly poured into it. When that cools down, it is squeezed out with cotton gauze and the procedure is repeated.
- At the end of the procedure, the ring is removed and the affected area may be gently massaged The person is then made to take rest for a short while.
- Duration of treatment: 30 to 45 minutes
- Pacifies aggravated Vata dosha in the knee region
- Restores the lubricating fluid in the joint and maintain integrity of the structures involved in the joint.
- Removes stiffness and pain in Knee joint
- Protects knee joints from age-related changes
- Increases blood circulation; thus strengthens and nourishes the knee joints
- Improves the mobility of the knee joints (knee flexion and knee extension)
It is indicated in the following conditions:
- Osteoarthritis of knee joints
- Arthrosis of knee joints
- Chronic pain of the knee joint.