Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sumati
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SumatiYour feedback matters!
It is a common condition, and causes discomfort in post-pubertal and adult women, whether sexually active or not.
Though the condition will affect around one third of women during their lifetimes, there are steps you can take to prevent having an itchy, fishy smelling vagina.
Prevent vaginal infections:
- wipe from front to back after a bowel movement. Pat yourself dry after passing urine. Use unscented, uncoloured, double-layered toilet paper.
- wash your genital area once a day with plain water or use a mild, unperfumed soap to wash the genital area. Rinse well with a hand-held shower head and dry the area thoroughly with a soft towel or a cool air hairdryer before getting dressed. Don? t use bubble baths, vaginal deodorants or talc, or douches.
- use sanitary towels, rather than tampons, or change tampons every 4 hours. Do not forget to remove tampons.
- eat a well-balanced diet, which includes dahi, curd, yoghurt. Follow a healthy lifestyle, since a healthy person fights infection more effectively.
- when taking antibiotics, take probiotics, such as yakult, or increase your intake of live yoghurt.
- if you are overweight, get into shape, as being overweight might cause repeated yeast infections.
- wear cotton underwear. Cotton absorbs moisture. Yeast thrives in a warm, damp atmosphere. Let your body breathe. Avoid tight-fitting jeans, lycra shorts and tights. Wear loose clothing and sleep without any undergarments at night.
- do not use any chemicals, such as douches, spermicides
Hi Doctors, I am 28 years old married woman (2 years of marriage). In 2012 I had a dermoid cyst of 12 cm in my left ovary but after laparoscopy that cyst was removed and my ovary was saved. But now I am facing this kind of problems again. I am trying to conceive but I use to feel abdominal pain after intercourse. My menses are with less bleeding from last two months. After TVS doctor found a simple cyst in my left ovary now she said to me that it is dissolve by her treatment (Dronis 30). I had thyroid.
Hello Doctor Due to unprotected intercourse, my wife has conceived & she is now 7 weeks pregnant (confirmed by urine test done yesterday with i-can test kit). Her last periods was on 17th January 2017, will it be safe to terminate the pregnancy using an MTP KIT. Please advise.
Most people think of sex as an enjoyable and pleasurable act. For many reasons, some physical and some psychological, sexual problems are very common, though not declared and discussed. More often than not, very close friends and the Internet could be the only ones who are reached out to for help. What is important to understand is that what works for one person may not work for another, and therefore treatment is best taken after talking to a professional. Sexual problems can be threatening to the health of the relationship and can break relationships too.
Read on to know the 3 most common sexual problems in males and females.
- Reduced libido: While men are perceived to have higher libido in general, due to various physical and psychological issues, libido can be affected. Performance anxiety, high blood pressure, strained relationships and hormonal imbalance are some common reasons for reduced libido.
- Impotence: The inability to attain and/or maintain an erection long enough for sexual intercourse is known as impotence. This is extremely common and again can be due to performance anxiety, strained relationships, and hormonal imbalance. Detecting the underlying cause through sexual counseling is the key to treatment.
- Ejaculation disorders: There are multiple ejaculation disorders including premature, retrograde, and inhibited – referring to early release of sperms, release of sperms back into the bladder and delayed release of sperms respectively. These are due to physiological reasons and treatment would depend on identifying the underlying cause.
For most sexual problems in men, treatment in the form of medications and hormones are available. However, the most effective and important thing is to come to terms with it. Counseling and sex education play the most vital role. In most cases, a frank discussion with a counselor involving the partner solves half the problem. The rest would be managed by hormone replacements, vacuum devices, penile implants, etc.
- Reduced libido: More common in women, this can be due to hormonal (menopausal), unpleasant relationships, pelvic pain, painful sex, infections, etc.
- Dyspareunia: Painful sex, can be caused by vaginal dryness, pelvic area infections, urinary tract infections, etc. This again leads to decreased libido. The underlying reason needs to be addressed and lubricants can be used for relief.
- Anorgasmia: An inability to achieve orgasm, this also needs investigation, and most often, sex education and counseling helps.
Treatment: It involves a combination of medications, hormonal therapy, education, and counseling. Vaginal dryness can be treated using lubricants. Infections or inflammation in the pelvic tract need to be treated with medications. Supplement hormones are also often useful. Sex counseling with the partner involved is the most effective method. Women would need more coaxing to come forth and discuss on these topics.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!