Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Suman NabarYour feedback matters!
I have red eye's from last one week. It is itching and paining to. I think it happened due to dust. Please proscribe m some medicine.
I have red eyes since I can remember. Accompanied with itching, gets better in winters and worse in summers and after long compete hours. I have also noticed that when I smoke weed they get better. 7-8 years before a doctor told me it's an allergy and you have to live with it. 22 male.
I am 40 yes old and working on computers many hours in a day. Past few months I am feeling that I have some problem in my vision. Every single image seems me double or some time foggy. I go thru eye checkup also but doctor said I do not have any prob in my eyes nor I required a specs. But I am suffering from eyes convergence problem. He suggested some exercise also which I am doing but not much gain visible to me. Please advise any medication or eye drops will help here?
I am also suffering from eye irritation whenever I come in the bright light contact. And I feel tiredness in my eye. So suggest me treatment for this problem.
My eye look very reddish and tired. I use laptop every day and wash my eye about 4-5 times a day. Help me with a good suggestion.
I am not able to see anything clear with my eyes I have tried so many things but I can't get benefit so please help me?
When I stare something for a while water comes out from my eyes and irritation starts in my eyes. They also become red. What should I do?
Hi I am 22 year old I have suffering from eye problem when I go to bike my eye will red it is pain what I do I am also get treatment from my family doctor.
LASIK is a corrective eye surgery that aims at repairing the vision impairment. It is known as laser in situ keratomileusis. This surgery is typically used to fix nearsightedness, farsightedness and even astigmatism.
So can this surgery help in removing your spectacles and giving you crystal clear vision? Let us find out!
- Definition: The LASIK procedure basically works towards reshaping the cornea, which is the clear portion that coats the eye. This is responsible for proper travel of light to the retina where it must focus in an appropriate manner so as to reach the back of eye.
- Corrective Technique: With its cornea reshaping technique, this procedure is effective in correcting vision and removing spectacles for at least 96% of the patients who go through this treatment.
- Convenient: The LASIK surgery is a highly convenient one that hardly creates any pain. Numbing drops are used to minimise the pain that may be felt during the procedure. Also, the time taken for the correction is very little with most procedures commencing within a day or two. Further, this procedure does not require any bandages or stitches and usually works with a powerful laser beam.
- Eyeglass Dependence Reduction: Most patients have a dramatic improvement in the quality of their vision and do not require glasses, while other patients usually have a reduced dependence on eyeglasses once the surgery is done.
- Preparing for the Surgery: To prepare for the surgery, it is imperative to meet and coordinate the details with the ophthalmologist who will examine your eye carefully and seek to determine the risk of any kind of side effect. Also, the doctor will ask specific questions regarding the medical history of the patient before conducting the surgery. As a part of the preparation, the doctor will also take measurements of the corneal thickness and other such factors like refraction, corneal mapping, pupil dilation and air pressure, so as to carry out the surgery in the most effective manner. Do not wear your contact lenses for at least three weeks before this evaluation so as to get the correct reading which will make the surgery much more effective due to the correct settings applied to the pulses.
- Procedure: During the procedure, an instrument known as a microkeratome laser will be used to lift the flap of the cornea which will be peeled back while the corneal tissue is reshaped. Then the cornea flap will be put back in its position.
Remember to be prepared for some amount of dryness in the eyes once the surgery is over. Talk to your doctor about other side effects.