Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
The rains have come, so has dengue. The mosquitos that spread dengue bite during the daytime, so keeping as much of the body covered as possible reduces risk of being bitten. Use a mosquito repellent on the exposed parts of the body, it is safe in children, a repellent applied on the hands legs and face will protect much more than the fancy mosquito bands that are aggressively marketed during this season.
The first symptom of dengue fever is increased body temperature, which often associated with body aches and headache. Many over the counter fever medications have drugs that have effect on the kidneys, liver and platelets. Instead of self medication, it is advisable to seek medical attention. Diagnosing dengue early and being under the guidance of a doctor can prevent complications.
The major issue in dengue is decreased blood volume due to a leakage in the capillaries, the way to manage this is by adequately hydrating the person and quite often need intravenous fluids and serial monitoring of the blood counts and platelets. Unnecessary antibiotics and other drugs can increase the risk of bleeding and complications. Avoid self medication and over the counter medications.
Screening tests have to be chosen carefully, many labs advertise dengue screening, unless the correct test is chosen depending on the time since the start of the illness, these tests would not be useful. Stay alert, stay safe, always seek medical opinion before treatment or tests.
Now my wife 19th week pregnant. We did blood and urine test. In test WBC is 13.6.and pus cell in urine 3-4.my amniotic fluid index 7 CM. So is there any relation between these three? Reply. Thank you.
My wife is 19 years old and wo 1.5 month se pregnant thi but uske baad uske period shuru ho gaye the test karane ke baad pata chala ke baccha kharab ho gaya h and usko DNC karani padi. Bacche ke kharab hone ka reason kya tha.
The word metabolism is the manner in which food is processed and used by the body. Metabolic syndrome is a group of conditions, which are caused due to altered metabolism. They increase the chance of developing chronic conditions like heart disease, stroke, diabetes and obesity in a person.
When a person has one of these, it puts them at a higher risk of developing metabolic syndrome. However, lifestyle changes can help the onset of metabolic syndrome and reduce the gravity of the situation.
Factors that put you at risk of contracting a metabolic syndrome
There are 5 major risk factors, which can indicate if a person would develop a metabolic syndrome.
Increased blood sugar: If the fasting blood sugar is consistently high, it could be the early indication of diabetes.
Increased blood pressure: When the heart constantly exerts pressure to pump blood through the arteries, it can be damaging in the long run.
Excessive fat around the waistline: Fat around the belly (pear shaped body) is more harmful than fat around the hips. This abdominal obesity is an indicator of metabolic syndrome.
Abnormal cholesterol level: There are good and bad cholesterols (HDL and LDL respectively). When the HDL level is low, the chances of the heart to build plaque are increased, which can lead to heart failure, stroke, etc.
High level of triglyceride: Increased triglyceride levels also put one at a higher risk of developing metabolic syndrome.
Complications: Some of the complications of having a metabolic syndrome include hypertension, diabetes, stroke, heart failure and fatty liver. It is a complicated and vicious cycle where there is increased pressure on all the vital organs, but they are unable to perform to their optimal levels. There is a narrowing of the blood vessels due to the plaque accumulation, which slows blood flow to all organs leading to the sluggishness of the whole system.
While the bad news is that metabolic syndrome is on the rise with changing lifestyles, the good news is that with some planning and effort, it can be prevented and severity reduced. It requires discipline, commitment, and dedication.
1. Diet: Eating healthy with more of whole grains, less of red meat, loads of fresh fruits and vegetables, omega-3 fatty acids, and a heart-healthy diet can go a long way in managing the metabolism.
2. Exercise: Regular moderate exercise can help avoid accumulation of fat and burn the extra calories consumed.
3. Smoking: One should quit smoking, as it can help in many ways and helps in managing the body’s metabolism is one of them.
4. Alcohol: Avoid consuming excessive alcohol as it helps in managing body’s metabolism.
5. Stress management: Finding good ways to manage stress (be it music, meditation, yoga, or exercise) can help control harmful ways of stress management like drinking alcohol and smoking.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Sir this time I haven't any cyst in ovary or I haven't pcod but I got period flow very low and only two days I have periods but in November this month I have only one day period pls suggest me but I have thyroid problem my tsh level is12. 12 this month I am suffering form hypothyroid and I take 50 mg thyroxine tablet pls tell me what can I do?
My normal periods date is 15th of every month. I got my periods on 15th of August. I had unprotected sex on 20th August midnight. He ejaculated inside so I took ipill on 22nd August late in evening. After that I had a breakthrough bleeding from 29th August to 4th September which can be effect of ipill. This time I didn't get my periods on 15th September. I took a self pregnancy test on 23rd September. The result is negative. But I am worried about why I am not getting normal periods. Is my menstrual cycle got changed because of consumption of ipill? Should I take a pregnancy test again after a week or so?
During stressed and exhausted states, the body secretes an abnormally high amount of glucocorticoids, cortisol, and dht. Dht is a hormone needed to regulate sex drive and hair growth. When the body fails to produce the hormone, early baldness can ensue. Of course in some cases early male-pattern baldness is based on genetics.
The body can however lose dht because of excessive masturbation. Individuals who masturbate often see a reduction of dht, as well as an increase chance of premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction. Men looking to proliferate the production of dht should refrain from masturbating and look to take the homoepathic treatment to help restore hair and stop current hair loss.
I have pcos im unmarried. In last month I didnt get date in this month also I have no symptoms. I used myonext 10 mg for 3 months there after I did not use any medicine im scared about my health what shall I do now.
Dark Chocolate: Stress Buster and other Health benefits
Who doesn't love chocolate? It is one of the most popular guilty pleasures that people like to indulge in. But science has proven that you need not feel guilty while snacking on chocolates because it is actually quite healthy. Not just any kind of chocolate, dark chocolate has plenty of health benefits according to studies. Read on to find out how dark chocolate can improve your life.
- Acts as a stress reliever - In today's busy lifestyle, stress is your constant companion. It is important to keep your stress level under control, as it can lead to anxiety and other damaging conditions. Eating dark chocolate every day has proven to relieve stress to a great extent by lowering your stress hormone cortisol. So, look no further for your stress remedy, than your refrigerator.
- Loaded with antioxidants - There are free radicals everywhere that can cause diseases; antioxidants are such compounds that disarm these free radicals, so it is recommended to eat an antioxidant-rich diet. It has been found that dark chocolate and unprocessed cocoa are replete with antioxidants like flavanols, polyphenols, catechins and others.
- Reduces blood pressure - It has been proven that dark chocolate can reduce blood pressure. The flavanols present in dark chocolate lead to the production of nitric oxide which in turn signals the arteries to calm down and decrease the resistance to the blood flow which leads to a reduction in the blood pressure.
- Lowers the risk of heart diseases - Dark chocolates can reduce the risk of many cardiovascular diseases. Consuming dark chocolate lowers the possibility of cholesterol accumulation in the arteries over time. Experiments have been conducted to show that chocolate lovers have a lower risk of cardiac diseases.
- Enhances cognitive function - Cocoa can boost brain function in the elderly. It increases the flow of blood to the brain which enhances cognitive functions especially in people with mental deterioration.
To enjoy the health benefits of dark chocolate, be sure to invest in organic chocolate which has 70% or more cocoa content.
Related Tip: Stress and Hair loss. Are they related??
Hello doctor, I'm 39 years old married lady, I have lots of problem due to hormonal problem, pcod ovaries, hypothyroidism, ANA & DNA, R Factor positive. After 2 miscarriage I am not getting pregnant. please help me. My hypothyroidism is under control. But ana positive & pcod syndrome is not controlled. Suggest what can I do? I am taking thyronoms 75mg, mcbm 69, calcirol & ecospirin 75.
I had a periods on 22, july.den I consult with a doctor .she gv me sysron n den ma light prds came on 3 augs. Nw my nxt prds can not come. I had a test tdy of home pregnancy test that was ngtv.
Dr. I had a sex without precaution and if I do sex with another girl without precaution like after marriage with my wife and both the girls are virgin and not suffering from HIV then also there is a risk of HIV? Pls help me dr.
I have a tumor on my brain. I have a tumor on my brain and it's control my hormones and so the doctor gave me medicine to shrink it and he said I might start to have a period which I haven't had a period in 5 years so I having one witch it lasted 5 weeks I was in pain with it and the put idu in and got then to take it out I finally stop but right now in in alot pain on virtual area and down my right leg and I did a biyose and altura sound and now I go do a bone scan and coloisme a to see why hurt so much so the question is I want you option why does my vangina hurt and right leg.
I love a girl more than me and she too. We also date 2-3 times. We are going to marry in next 2-3 year but the only problem is that her age is 1 year more than me. She is 20 and I'm just 19. Is there any problem in future physically or sasexually or any other problem in our relationship? Sir please help me.
Sedentary lifestyles have taken a toll our health, impacting the stamina of our body. Whether you are an athlete or a regular person who requires building physical and mental stamina in order to easily perform daily tasks, try these 5 highly effective ways to do so.
- Stay hydrated: Drinking adequate quantity of water goes a long way in maintaining a good stamina level and also building it gradually. Water also helps fight muscle fatigue and you can also combine its consumption with certain sports drinks such as gatorade.
- Maintain a stable sleep schedule: Chronic sleep disorders have been known to lead to troublesome issues such as rapid weight gain and high blood pressure. It is very essential to get sound sleep for an adequate time period on a daily basis in order to keep your body fresh and increase stamina.
- Follow a strict exercise regime: Exercise is the best way to help your body build up stamina and increase energy levels. People who exercise on a regular basis are likely to develop an improved endurance level and stamina. Also, these people have lower fatigue levels. Try and work out for at least half an hour every day.
- Maintain a healthy diet: Food products rich in nutrients are bound to give a credible stamina boost to your body. Include foods in your diet that are rich sources of carbohydrates and starches, such as vegetables, fruits and lean meats. Also, eat small meals and consume them throughout the day.
- Keep a positive attitude: A positive attitude helps a lot in keeping your brain cells energetic and excited. Try and focus on the work at hand and complete it in the best way possible. A healthy mind is bound to keep you feeling good and healthy, thus boosting your mental stamina.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.