Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Suman BijlaniYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 30 and weigh 53 kgs. We got married in 2010 and started trying in 2012. After trying for 2 years, I conceived in 2014. During these two years, both of us had undergone fertility tests and they came out all good. But I had a miscarriage at 12 weeks. We did genetic testing to rule out the reason but there was no such issue. We started trying again and I had been put on Clomid 50 and 100 several times and closely monitored. I ovulate mostly when triggered. The lining is fine. Have undergone all tests including HSG, Endometrial biopsy and they have all come out well. Have done 2 iui cycles with injections with no result. Now I want to know is it the right time to move to ivf? And what do you think are my chances of becoming a mother. Please guide.
My wife has breast pain since last one month. She says it keeps on paining whether they are touched or not, what so we do. Should we go for any major test?
Omega 3 is a necessary chain of fatty acids in the body. They can't be produced by the body and are hence very vital. Omega 3 deficiency means the absence of long chain fatty acids that are required to regulate body function like the cardiovascular, inflammatory and immunity of the body. A deficiency in Omega 3 can be identified easily compared with the lack of other nutrients as there are many symptoms of Omega 3 deficiency. Here are some of them-
1. Heart Problems
Fatty acids help in reducing heart diseases like high cholesterol and high blood pressure. They slow down the development of blood clots and plaque, which eventually cause clots in arteries. Thus it reduces the risks of heart attacks and other heart-related problems. So if you are suffering from one, you might think about consulting a doctor as these might be due to deficiency of Omega 3.
2. Poor Mental Health
Omega 3 acids are considered to be crucial for memory and mental performance. They help in building cell membranes around the brain, which are essential for brain health. Hence the intake of right amount of Omega 3 fatty acids is important when it comes to efficient brain function. Deficit or poor academic performance are some results of less Omega 3 in the body.
Omega 3 fatty acids are highly effective in preventing and managing depression. A low level of this healthy fat may increase the risk of depression as well as worsen the symptoms. In fact, Omega 3 fatty acids are more effective than placebos for depression in both adults and children.
4. Poor Vision
Falling eyesight or other eye problems are other signs of essential fatty acid deficiency. These fatty acids are an important component of fat molecules, which keep the eyes healthy. They also take care of the proper drainage of the eye fluids thus causing the risk of high eye pressure and glaucoma.
5. Joint Pains
A low level of Omega 3 fatty acids may lead to inflamed joints, which may eventually cause arthritis. The Omega 3 acids have anti-inflammatory properties that help in reducing the pain and inflammation of the body. The fatty acids also assist in easing joint tenderness, decreasing stiffness and may help lessen the need for medication.
If you feel you have these problems as well, then don’t forget to visit a doctor. A medical practitioner can help in improving the situation before it has worsened too much. So be sure to consult one before it’s too late.
Dear sir My wife's period date was 14 but I have a plan to child. Today morning morning preganews test but negative result. Till now no period running. Only 6 days delay. Pls tell me correct test procedure of pregnancy test.
Hello mam, Week 4 preg confirmed on aug 28th 2015 On sep11 th, 2015 (6weeks) Oct 16th 2015 (11 week) Dec 18th 2915 (20weeks) Feb 17th 2016 (27 weeks) March 7 th (33weeks) Delivered a baby on april 2016 (36 to 37weeks duration) Pls let me know who is father for my baby did the new guy dna? Or my husbands. I was with my husband for the hole month of august n only on sep 4th 2015, this incident happened. Pls let me know im confused.
Everybody is particular about how they look. Skin care has assumed great importance compared to a couple of decades ago. With skin care assuming so much, everybody talks of cleansing, scrubbing, toning, moisturising, what not! what we need to realise is that anything in excess is bad. Talking of scrubbing, it has been promoted as the perfect way to remove dead cells from the skin and keep the skin looking young and radiant. After scrubbing, the skin that is left behind is brand-new with fresh cells from the underlying layers, which glows out. While this is the intention, there are questions to ask in terms of – what to use for scrubbing, how often, ideal products, etc.
Scrubbing can be done chemically or physically. Chemical scrubs include products like salicylic acid, glycolic acid, lactic acid, or citric acid. These remove the dried, dead cells from the top and leave a radiant, fresh skin behind.
Physical scrubs use salts, almond, apricot peel, and tiny beads of microplastics. These microbeads are not just harmful to the skin, they are also not eco-friendly. Though not visible to the naked eye, these microbeads, as the name suggests, are small, tiny plastic beads which act as a physical scrub and help in removing the top layers of the skin. They get into the water as sediments and cannot be removed. When accumulated over a period of time, there is no way to get rid of them. Many products have been banned in australia and the usa for containing these microbeads.
Another thing to consider when scrubbing is the type of skin. While oily skin can take a little more of the scrubbing load, dry, flaky skin should not be over-scrubbed. Exfoliating agents can be used once in a while, but if you ask a dermatologist if your skin needs daily exfoliation, the answer would be a big no. Oily skin can benefit from gel-based scrubs, while dry skin can benefit from cream-based ones. If you have sensitive skin, use a mild exfoliating agent. There are multiple products being promoted as daily scrubs which are easy on the skin, but it is best to stay away from these for regular use.
Alternatively, there are multiple regular home/kitchen products which can be used as scrubs. Gram flour, milk cream, lime juice, sugar, oatmeal, ground coffee can be used periodically to get the same scrubbing effects. What is also important to note is it is not just the face that needs the scrubbing. Surfaces with thicker skin like the knees and elbows also benefit from occasional scrubbing.
The mantra is to not overdo it, but go with moderation and get the benefits of scrubbing with a glowing, radiant skin.
Hi I am married trying to conceive 2 years before I used to have period flow for 4 days and now I hardly bleed for two days with miniature clots. I have 26-30 days cycle why does my blood flow reduced and whether it affects my pregnancy please help.
I'm 23years old, me and my husband stays far away, for every 15days we have continuous sex later I will use ipill for protection, is that good use i pill frequently, does this affect my future pregnancy?
Mothers, universally, have been faithful torchbearers of the benefits of milk. Cow, buffalo, camel or soy, milk happens to be an indispensable part of your diet. Instead of taking age old conventions for granted a little bit of thought into your food can improve your health. Usually, most households consume cow milk.
While cow milk is definitely favorable for one's health, adult and child all the same, buffalo milk has its plus points too. Your subjective case might profit from buffalo milk. Read up on the advantages of drinking buffalo milk to choose better.
Buffalo milk will help you in these many ways:
- It will bring down your cholesterol levels: Bad cholesterol levels or LDL is detrimental to one's health. Buffalo milk helps to bring down bad cholesterols. It is low in cholesterol and should therefore, be a great supplement. A glass of this milk every day can keep your heart in order.
- If you want your child to put on weight, feed him or her Buffalo milk: Being skinny or rickety could be a worrying problem. In comparison to cow milk, buffalo milk has a huge amount of fat content. It can help you increase muscle mass adding strength to your physique. If you are an adult facing issues related to lower muscle mass, you should start drinking buffalo milk. Children gain energy through regular consumption of this kind of milk.
- Befriend vitamins by drinking this milk: Buffalo milk has a rich creamy texture. It can deal with your want for vitamins. Thiamine, vitamin A and vitamin C are present in this milk. It also has a good amount of folate, vitamin B6 and niacin. This milk is rich in vitamin B12, which can prevent you from heart attacks and strokes. Buffalo milk also contains riboflavin.
- It is also rich in protein: Two glasses of buffalo milk each day accounts for 19g of protein. It is known to contain all nine kinds of amino acids. If it is part of your daily diet, your immunity and resistance are being taken care of.
- It will make up for your mineral deficiency: Calcium, potassium, magnesium and phosphorus are some of the minerals this milk contains. It helps to strengthen your bones and teeth thus, protecting you against osteoporosis.
Hello doctor me nd my girlfriend had protected sex 5-6 times on different dates last month. She was expecting to have her periods on 18th of this month. Its almost 8 days delay today. How much maximum delay can happen in this case?
Why should we donate blood?
Blood is a precious human resource that is only available from voluntary donors.
Blood cannot be made in any lab in the world.
Every 3 seconds someone needs blood. We think that someone else will donate the blood that is needed, as a result, only less than 5% of qualified donors actually donate the blood.
The common your blood group, more and more people are going to need it. So don’t say that my blood group is too common.
Persons above 18years of age and over 50kgs in weight can donate blood once in 3 months. There is no upper limit age for blood donation.
Less than 10% of blood is taken out at time of blood donation. This blood is replaced by your body in 24-48 hours.
Every donor is given a medical check-up prior to donation to see if he is medically fit for donation
Even if you are taking any medication, still you may be able to donate the blood.
No special diet, rest or medicine is required after blood donation.
The donor cannot contract any infectious disease by donating blood. There is a clear procedure for taking blood from each donor. At no time will a donor come in contact with any piece of equipment or material that has had contact with someone else’s blood or body fluids.
Only 20 min are required for blood donation.
It gives you inner satisfaction, experience it!!!
Hello , she is 21 years old married girl. She has rare desire for sex. How to make her sex life better, she got excited a little only. Her weight is 48 kgs. And height is 5" 7. She have normal indian lifestyle and food also. Can you help in this case.Please tell.
Can any one help me id I do squirt continuously so how much time its take to cum out ? N how much the quantity it cum ?
As indicated by Ayurveda, good digestion, solid “agni” (the metabolic flame), quality functioning of the liver and an adjusted endocrine framework result in strong immunity. Immunity of the human body is said to be associated to an entity called “ojas” which is believed to be the subtle and positive essence of “kapha” an aspect which provides the body with vigour, strength, immunity and vitality. The general notion is that stronger the Agni, healthier the “ojas”, although other factors play a major role too. Therefore, it becomes important to protect your “ojas”. Protection of 'ojas' is possible when you are able to live in the present with pure and complete awareness. A number of ways to promote “ojas” and thereby, develop your immunity are listed below:
- Diet: Agni is bolstered by a dietary routine that minimizes refined sugars, stimulants and processed foods. The focus must be shifted to consumption of whole and healthy foods while maintaining a proper schedule. Inclusion of garlic, ginger, black pepper, long pepper, cinnamon, asafoetida in the diet is advised as it destroys poisons and bad bacteria, kindles Agni, promotes normal body temperature maintenance and eliminates the extra kapha.
- Get adequate sleep: It is proven that sleep deprivation in humans can cause a total loss of the immune functions of the body. Thus, it becomes mandatory to adopt a balanced sleeping schedule where the minimum duration to be regularly maintained is 8 hours.
- Exercise: Appropriate exercise discharges collected strain, moves stagnant emotional and mental energy, enhances circulation, encourages proper elimination, improves digestion, supports sound sleep and promotes relaxation in the body. All these contribute to a healthy maintenance of the immune system. Adversely, improper exercise can prove to be damaging.
- Meditation and yoga: The different types of Ayurvedic practices, each having a different set of benefits, are advised to be adapted so that you can sustain immunity. Some of these practices include yoga, pranayama, meditation, etc.
- Herbal support: Different types of herbs in the Ayurvedic tradition, each having an affinity for a certain type of tissue, are capable of supporting the immune system. The advisable herbal supports include chyavanprash, turmeric, ginger, Tulsi, Shatavatri, Ashwagandha, turmeric, tulsi, trifla, giloy, Bronchial Support Herbal Syrup, Immune Support tablets, etc.
- Regular detoxification: Regular detoxification (by Panchkarma procedures) of body as advised in Ayurveda , keeps basic body doshas ( Vats, pitta, kapha) in balance.
- Rejuvenation therapy- After detoxification certain ayurvedic drugs, herbs are given for a long duration for rejuvenation, longevity of life, immunity boosting. It also prevents and cure diseases.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized ayurveda and ask a free question.
Is pill taking for abortion have any side effects? If yes, please tell and. Give the alternative options . Periods delayed for 15 days.
People who suffer from Human Immunodeficiency Virus, commonly known as 'HIV', are known as HIV positive people. The virus is the agent of AIDS that is currently incurable. HIV is known to alter the human immune system and makes people much more susceptible and vulnerable to diseases and infections.
Body fluids such as semen, blood, breast milk, vaginal fluids etc. of an infected individual contains the virus, which can be passed from one person to another during blood-to-blood and/or sexual contact. HIV positive women may even pass on this virus to their children during pregnancy, delivery or by breast feeding them. HIV is also transmitted during oral, anal or vaginal sex, by contaminated hypodermic needles and by blood transfusion.
Mentioned below are a few issues that a HIV positive woman have to face apart from discrimination and stigma, fear of infecting their children or partners, violence and abandonment.
- Menstrual Disorders: Changes in menstrual cycles are frequently reported by HIV infected women. However, menstrual dysfunctions are due to varied reasons that aren't directly related to the disease. Although most of the HIV positive women suffer from amenorrhea i.e. the unusual absence of periods, it is not just due to HIV but also because of weight loss or immunosuppression.
- Contraception: It is very important that the contraception a HIV positive woman chooses not only acts as birth control, but also to prevent the transmission of sexually transmitted diseases and HIV. Although condoms do not provide exceptional pregnancy prevention, they are excellent at preventing transmission of the HIV virus. Permanent sterilization is usually the most chosen contraceptive method for HIV serodiscordant couples.
- Surgical Complications: HIV positive women are at a higher risk of undergoing gynecologic surgery. This is because they are more vulnerable to pelvic infectious disease that requires surgical intervention. There is also a greater risk of developing vulvar cancer in HIV positive women.
- Fertility: There has been an increase in the number of seropositive women contemplating pregnancy and childbirth. Most couples resort to assisted reproduction to lower the risk of horizontal HIV transmission. Studies show that undergoing HIV treatment and having an undetectable viral load is helpful in preventing the transmission of HIV. It is important to consult a medical expert if you are unable to get pregnant after at least 6 months of trying. Fertility problems are more common in HIV positive women than HIV negative women.