Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Suman BijlaniYour feedback matters!
Pleasuring yourself is not wrong and is infact a normal part of human nature, however, society often frowns on it and young people are often taught to avoid masturbation. Lack of knowledge and opportunities to talk about it have given rise to a number of myths on this subject.
Let's take a look at a few of them:
- Masturbation causes health problems: Pleasuring yourself is the ultimate form of safe sex. There is no way for you to catch an STD, sexually transmitted disease, or for it to cause any sort of mental health problem. The only risks involved are allergic reactions to lubricants or toys and a feeling of guilt or shame due to societal pressure. It lowers the chances of you having an orgasm during sex
- Masturbation is akin to cheating: Single people as well as people in committed relationships masturbate. While it can lead to problems in a relationship depending on your partner's views about it, it does not amount to cheating on him or her.
- Masturbation causes infertility: Pleasuring yourself does not reduce your chances of getting pregnant or getting someone else pregnant. However, for men with a low sperm count, restricting ejaculations while trying to get their partner pregnant is a good idea. The only way masturbation can lead to infertility is if partners who share sex toys do not keep them clean and pass on STDs through them.
- It can cause erectile dysfunction: Erectile dysfunction has a number of psychological and biological causes, such as heart disease, stress and obesity but masturbation is not one of them. Eating certain foods can help control the urge to masturbate.
- Masturbation can damage the genitals: Touching your genitals is very unlikely to damage them. The sex organs are designed to withstand friction and hence are very tough organs. The maximum damage that can be caused by masturbation is a little chafing. Using lubricant can prevent this from occurring.
Can I have sex with a STD infected person and if I can what are the conditions for safe sex please tell me.
Hello, I had my periods last on 6than & this time and had sex on 20than n than between the gap of two days, I was although feeling something inside me with abdominal pain and nausea as well. But when I tested it gave an invalid result, & now on 6th feb I again had my periods although I never had my menses on same date. But I had. That was really disappointing. Now we had tried again from 7th day giving the gap of two and three days. I m having abdominal pain due to which I cnt bend myself towards floor for any routine work. Can anybody suggest what's really happening within me. Please help.
Hi, I am a married woman. Before marriage my breast size was very small but after marriage it was increased too much I want to reduce the size so please suggest me few remedies. My periods were irregular is this a reason for increased size of breast? How can my periods be regulated so that I can get kids. Tnq.
Hi. I became mother of twins 15 days back. But the problem is my breast milk is not much. What could be the reason for it? Kindly suggest what should I do and what other substitute can be used for breast milk?
Hi, I am 27m and my wife is 26. We're married since November 16. And this month we tried to conceive. Since then she's having back pain and tiredness. My question is what are the symptoms and how can we understand that she's pregnant.
When sex is done in periods & the we are unaware whether protection failed or not then what to do. Also tell if periods stops when it occurs.
I am 23 year old lady now I am 3 months pregnant thyroid 5.6 mu/i is found in blood test is there any problem to continue pregnancy.
Are you protected if you are not taking krimson 35 same time each day. I always take it after dinner usually within 9 pm-11 pm. Mostly at 10.30-11 but sometimes I have taken it at 9 also. Will this reduce the effectiveness of the pill. Moreover if you are taking the pill regularly are you protected within that 7 day break. And sometimes if we fall pregnant on that 7 day break will we still have withdrawal bleed?
If I get a marry with widow (husband died 2 years ago) then if I make sexual life with her now Is there any problems with both of us related to diseases like hiv or any std Please reply with positive answer please.
Hello doctors, i'm a 27 years old guy and like to know much about safe sex. I'm still clean and I want to ask: is it possible to "reverse" HIV yet and how?
My gf does not have any sexual feelings at all. She do not get excited even though I hug and kiss her. Her periods are also irregular. please tell me what to do.
My usg done today it showed blighted ovum. As my weeks of pregnancy has to be 12, but only 7 weeks was shown in usg. Dr. Said for repeat usg and it is doubting as threatened abortion. What is the reason behind and what precautions should I take?
My mom gets blebs (blood clots) in her tongue it forms Al of a sudden and next day it breaks. I want to know if it's any underlying bleeding disorder.
Hi sir/mam. I am 23 years old. I am unmarried. Muze apse ye puchna tha ki mere bf ke sath week me 4-5 bar sex karti hu. Meri shadi ho jane ke baad muze koi sex prbm to nahi hogi na?
Vaginal cysts are closed packets of fluid, air or pus which develop along the vaginal lining. Vaginal cysts are of many types, and they are usually caused by accumulation of fluids, childbirth-related injuries or non-malignant tumors in the vagina. Usually these cysts do not yield many symptoms, but may cause a little discomfort.
Treatment might not be needed in case of cysts which are tiny. However, larger cysts would definitely warrant medical attention.
Types of Cysts-
The commonly occurring cysts are:
Gartner’s Duct Cysts: This duct forms around a woman’s reproductive canal during pregnancy and it disappears post childbirth. If the duct remains even after the delivery, it may lead to fluid accumulation, thus resulting in a cyst.
Vaginal Inclusion Cysts: Any injury to the vaginal walls, especially during childbirth or surgery, can lead to vaginal inclusion cysts.
Bartholin’s Cyst: Bartholin’s gland is situated near the vaginal opening. A flap of skin covering this gland may lead to accumulation of fluid. This fluid accumulation usually leads to a cyst which is called a Bartholin’s cyst.
The most likely complication from a cyst is an infection that causes bartholin's abscess. An abscess is a large collection of pus and fluid that can cause redness, pain, and swelling. If an abscess forms, it may need to be drained in order to heal.
Usually, cysts in the vagina do not require any treatment. Most of the cysts do not grow in size and thus do not cause major problems. A biopsy of the cyst may require in order to rule out chances of cancer. A common treatment for vaginal cysts would be to sit inside a bathtub filled with warm water so that the cyst is allowed to soak in the water. If there are symptoms of infection in the vagina, then antibiotics are required.
If the size of the cyst is large and filled with fluids, then a catheter needs to be inserted into it to drain out the cyst. Usually, the catheter is kept in place for a few weeks before it is removed. A surgical procedure called marsupialization is used in some cases, wherein an incision is made around the affected area and into the cyst in order to drain out its contents.
Surgery to remove the entire cyst may also be recommended to prevent its recurrence.
Have pain while Urinating??
If left untreated, what are the complications?
If painful urination is left untreated, it can be life threatening depending on the cause. Complications include kidney failure, septicemia, shock and spread of cancer.
That’s why it is better to seek medical help if the symptoms last for 2 days, especially if your pain is associated with other symptoms like foul smelling urine, pus or blood in the urine, nausea, vomiting, fever, pain in lower back and frequent chills.
Treatment and Prevention
If the cause of painful urination is an infection, then it is treated with antibiotics, urinary analgesics and anti-fungal agents in the form of creams or tablets. There are several natural remedies for painful urination as well.
Here are some tips to avoid painful urination:
1) Drink lots of water every day to cleanse your system.
2) Urinate as soon as you feel the urge to urinate to reduce the risk of infection.
3) Avoid eating spicy and sugary foods. They can irritate the linings of your bladder, cause pelvic cramps and also burden your kidneys and bladder.
4) Avoid drinking alcohol and caffeinated beverages like tea, coffee. They tend to stimulate bladder irritation and cause dehydration.
5) Avoid eating tomatoes and citrus foods.
6) Follow proper hygiene daily.
After urinating, women should dry the area from front to back for preventing germ inoculation in the urinary tract. Change sanitary towels regularly during periods.
Avoid using products like soap, oils or talc around the genital area that can cause irritation.
Practice safe and hygienic sex. Urinate after having an intercourse to flush out bacteria from the urethra.
Avoid wearing tight clothes.
For more queries and herbal health tips u may consult me.
Wish u a good health.