Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dr. Sumaiya PetiwalaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr Sumaiya; you've helped me a lot. My face was covered with pimples for five years, and since I tried to get medication but in vain. The prescription that you gave me was simple and effective. Now I enjoy staying in public without anyone questioning "what happened to his face!". I'll always be grateful.
hello every one ravikanth krishna i want to share my wonder full experience of mine DR sumaiya mam helped me to plan a perfect diet plan for me i really appreciate the on the response from her i strongly recommend her to others and this called experts i respect her field
Dr.Sumaiya is my younger sister. She is very bright , intelligent, keen in seeking new knowledge, dedicated and honest. May Allah bless her and give Shifa ( cure) to all the patients through her hands .Aameen.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sumaiya Petiwala to be knowledgeable, very helpful, well-reasoned, inspiring and caring. Thanks
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sumaiya Petiwala to be very helpful, professional and practical. Thnx alot..hlpd alot
thanq. so much doc. sumaiya petiwala your diet plans helps me and my mom to stay healthy and secure us from many diseases ...
Wow! No jargon and simply suggestion by sumaiya petiwala ma'am , an ordinary person can understand it. Thank you ma'am
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sumaiya Petiwala to be knowledgeable, caring and very helpful. Thanks a lot
Dr. Sumaiya Petiwala provides answers that are very helpful. Thank u is derma rolling useful to treat acne scars
she has helped me a lot by giving me a proper diet i thank her a lot i strongly recommed her to everyone
Thanks for your worthy answer in my question Dr.sumaiya.Allah bless u ..take care Allah Hafiz ..
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sumaiya Petiwala to be practical. very helpful
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sumaiya Petiwala to be caring. Thanks ma'am
Hi dr sumaiya's ans really encourages, touches add health......to take on new life
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sumaiya Petiwala to be very helpful. Gud
Dr. Sumaiya Petiwala provides answers that are saved my life. Thanks a lot
R A Indiresha Rao
Dr. Sumaiya Petiwala provides answers that are very helpful. THANKING YOU
Dr. Sumaiya Petiwala provides answers that are knowledgeable. Thanks
Thanks mam for replying and giving valuable suggestion.
I have got neck fat around my neck, I'm over weight Also due to pcod, it's looking odd. please help.
I want increase my weight. What ever I eat. My weight us not increasing I want increase. I have smoking habit.
Top 5 tips to lose weight as fast as possible:
1. Drink more water. One study shows that drinking water half an hour before meals helps you eat fewer calories and lose 44% more weight. It can also boost metabolism slightly.
2. Eat a high-protein breakfast. Studies show that people who replace a grain-based breakfast with high-protein foods like eggs, chicken etc without added oil\fat feel full for the next 36 hours and lose up to 65% more weight.
3. Eat viscous fiber. Viscous fiber supplements like glucomannan can help you lose weight, especially around the belly area.
4. Use smaller plates. Studies show that people automatically eat less when they use smaller plates. Strange, but it works.
5. Sleep better. Poor sleep is one of the strongest risk factors for weight gain and obesity, taking care of your sleep is important.
The weight loss and weight gain industry is not regulated in India. It is up to you to choose a safe and trustworthy weight management program. Here are some "red flags" that may tell you that a program does not meet your health needs:
- Promises fast weight-loss (more than one kilogram (two pounds) per week).
- Recommends a very low calorie diet plan (below 800 calories) per day) without medical supervision.
- Tries to make you dependent on their company by selling you products such as foods or supplements rather than teaching you how to make good choices from regular grocery store food.
- Does not encourage long term realistic lifestyle changes, including regular exercise and a healthy diet that suits your lifestyle and health.
- Employs salespeople who act as "counselors", but are only trained on the program and the company’s products and not on healthy approaches to help you change your behaviour to help you lose weight.
- Requires you to sign a long term, expensive contract.
- Pressures you to sign up right away by offering a "special price".
- Does not tell you about risks that may go along with weight loss or their specific program (for example: if you have diabetes and take prescription medication, it may affect you differently after you lose weight).
- Promotes weight loss aids like starch blockers, fat-burners, herbs, supplements or amino acids that have not been scientifically proven to have any health benefits. Talk to a dietitian or other health professional to find out this information.
- Does not offer support or follow-up to help you lose weight and keep it off.
In general, if it sounds too good or too easy to be true, it probably is.
So dont wait start keeping a food diary and revert back with me for any help!