Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sulekha DharorYour feedback matters!
Sir, my daughter is 2 years and 10 months old, wt. Is 11.5 kg, ht. Is 3 feet 2 inch. She is very thin, and her ribs can be counted from outside. Sugest a diet chart so that she can gain some weight and looks healthy.
One member in my family is undergoing TB treatment. He lives with us. He us now almost cured. Is it necessary to each of us to go far tb test? And if yes, which test is easy?
My son age 4 and half years now he suffered illness with cough next 7days. I visit and consulting Dr. Child specialist and his condition is but not well. Dr. Advise mri, ct screen and ecg. My questions is how can he good health.
Hello doctor, my son is 10 years old and still suffering with bed wet problem every night. We tried basic home remedies and it did't work. Can you please help me to understand what could be the cause for it and suggest remedy to prevent it. Thanks.
Hi my son 2.5 months only. Her Navel has extended/swollen since last 15-20 days. She also spit out milk many a times a day even after burping. Pls help.
Sir . My problem is that I am having pain in my breast. It start 10 - 12 days before my monthly and remain up to end of my monthly cycle. In these days I also have abdominal pain in last 5 days. And sir I am having two children .younger is 5 year old. So please guide me what I can do.
My sons are 11 months old they are twins 7 months born elder one is thin and I can hear loads of bone joint sounds whenever I pick him up and he has white spots on his nails what should I do?
My daughter is 10 months old her skin becomes dry due to winter I wanna use libero lotion is lotion is good to use for my baby skin.
My baby is 1.6 years old and have one week of fever. Our local Dr. prescribed the medicines like calpol 120/5 mg and and anti biotic but the fever persist so moved to our pediatrics he prescribed to test the blood count and the result everything is normal and wbc is increased to 11600. And given medicine mefenamic acid for fever. I started the course today night. My question is what is my baby problem. How long it take to cure. Suppose the fever does not cure what will be the next thing that I have to do.
Hi doc, my son is 1 year 4 months old. My question is regarding avg sleep hours for this age babies. He hardly sleeps 9 hours in night and in between also wakes up in crying mood. Can you please give me some info on this so that I can come over my worry?
Dear Sir, Greetings for the day. My Son's age is 1year 5months. My son is facing very difficulty to go for motion and cry a lot that time, he is not drinking any liquid apart from milk. Kindly suggests me.
Along with the baby, the mother also benefits physically and emotionally from breastfeeding. Due to the release of the prolactin hormones, a peaceful and nurturing sensation fills the mother.
When you have a newborn bundle of joy, no parent would be ready for constant crying bouts from the infant. However, for various reasons, even healthy, well-fed infants can be colicky.
What is it: Although a mystery, a baby is said to be colicky if it cries for more than 3 hours a day for more than 3 days a week for more than 3 weeks at a stretch. The baby is completely healthy, and the symptoms start about 2 to 3 weeks of life in both breast-fed and bottle-fed babies. The baby usually has a red face from crying and could be pulling its legs towards its chest due to the abdominal discomfort.
Causes: Though still not exactly established, some things that are believed to cause colic include:
- The baby's digestive system that is growing and goes through spasms
- Extreme sensitivity to noise and light in the surrounding environment
- Accumulation of gas in the belly that is ingested with the milk (breast or bottles)
- Hormones that are supposedly affecting the baby's moods
Treatment: As there is no specific cause identified, the treatment is also symptomatic and aims at soothing the baby's pain and discomfort.
- Altered feeding: Given that a baby's tummy is very small and is about the size of a fist, it makes sense to feed it small amounts at regular intervals than to give a full feed once in like 4 to 5 hours. The baby is sure to feel full with this and therefore the discomfort. Burping between the feed is also shown to help avoid feeling of fullness. If you are breast-feeding, try to not let the baby doze off when feeding.
- Anti-colic bottles: These bottles have a vent inside the bottle which will help reduce the accumulation of gas within the bottle. There are various brands available in the market, these could be a good solution if the baby is even partially bottle-fed.
- Simethicone: This is an anti-flatulent, which again helps eliminate gas bubbles in the stomach and thereby provides relief to the infant. It can be given either by a dropper or a syringe.
- Exercise: Try bending the legs at the knee and holding it towards the baby's stomach, this can help ease the pain.
Remember that this is a very transient thing and usually disappears on its own by the 4th month, and the above measures are only to help the baby and the mother. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.