Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sule P KYour feedback matters!
I have a white lump developed at the lateral end of my lips. It occurred last year also but took 2 months to vanish. I even consulted a dermatologist and he suggested to burn it but I did not go for that. It has occurred again, it is hard and white, 2 mm thick, and looks ugly.
There are so many reasons people get inked. For some, a tattoo is a form of expression for others, a reminder of incidents and people. Since a tattoo is permanent, it needs to be carefully thought about. Today, you may think having your girlfriend's name inked onto your skin is a way of declaring your love, but what if tomorrow, you break up. Ex-lover's name is probably the most common tattoos that people ask to be removed. Yes, tattoos can be removed, but it isn't as easy as it sounds.
What makes a tattoo permanent is the depth the ink permeates to. Unlike, writing on your skin with a pen, ink in a permanent tattoo is placed in the dermis. This layer of skin lies below the epidermis and cannot be easily accessed. Thus, using a cream or ointment will not help you remove a permanent tattoo. It may help bleach the pigment slightly, but will scar your skin, leaving the area looking worse than it was before. Using an acid to remove tattoos is also not advisable as this will scar the skin.
The only way to effectively remove a tattoo without scarring is with laser treatment. The laser penetrates the skin and breaks up the ink particles. This makes the body's immune system recognize the ink as alien elements and removes them through the lymphatic system. This leaves the rest of your skin undamaged. Laser treatment to remove a tattoo is not a one time procedure and may need to be repeated a number of times depending on the number of colours, size of tattoo and quality of ink used.
A single laser cannot be used to treat all the colours in your tattoo. Lasers of different wavelengths are used to remove different colours. Thus, more the number of colours in a tattoo, the longer it will take to be removed. In some cases, even with laser treatment, the tattoo cannot be completely removed and a shadow may remain. Fluorescent colours are the most difficult to remove. Contrary to popular belief, black and red pigments are the easiest to remove.
Laser treatment can also be used for any skin colour, though it may take a few extra sessions to remove tattoos from a dark skin. The location of your tattoos also plays a great role in determining how easy it will be to remove. The closer the tattoo is to your heart, the better the results.
In most cases, removing a tattoo takes 5-12 laser treatment sessions. This can take from 6 to 12 months as the dermatologist will probably ask you to wait a month between sittings. Each laser treatment session is expensive and hence, removing a tattoo is much more expensive than getting one.
Hyperpigmentation is a medical condition which occurs when an area of the skin becomes much darker in comparison to the rest of the skin tone. This happens due to an excess of a pigment called melanin. Hyper-pigmentation is fairly common and many people have reported this condition at some point in their lives.
Types of Hyperpigmentation
1. Lentigines or Freckled Skin: They are mainly freckles which arise on the skin.
2. Solar Lentigines: Although these are known as age spots, sun spots and liver spots they are caused primarily due to prolonged exposure to the sun.
3. Melasma: This condition mostly seen in pregnant women and is caused due to hormonal changes during pregnancy. Melasma typically manifests as pigmented and patchy areas of discoloration on the face except the eye area.
What causes hyperpigmentation?
- Hyper pigmentation can be hereditary i.e. passed on to children from parents
- Prolonged exposure to sun.
- Picking and poking at the skin can also cause hyper pigmentation.
- Medications such as hormone treatments, antibiotics and anti-seizure drugs may result in it as an unwanted side effect.
- Skin injuries due to bad forms of acne vulgaris and inflammation.
How Homeopathy Works on Hyperpigmentation?
Homoeopathy considers blemishes or pigmentation as a local expression of a systemic / internal disturbance. Homeopathy believes that skin disorders are a reflection of an internal imbalance and to be treated from within. The homeopathic medicines are selected after a full individualizing examination and case-analysis, which includes the medical history of the patient, physical and mental constitution, genetic predisposition and so on. While choosing homeopathic remedies the cause of pigmentation is evaluated, for example, mental stress, hormonal imbalances, sun exposure, nutritional deficiency, poor immune system and so on.
Homeopathic treatment, which gets to the root of the problem will reinforce the immune system and gradually restore the pigmented spots to the normal skin color. Homeopathic medicines restore the hormonal imbalance and control the excessive production of melanin. Homeopathy will not inhibit the natural process of the skin's melanin production. It will act on melanocytes to produce less melanin naturally thus strengthening the skin cells to stay healthy and remove excessive melanin in the skin. This improves the quality (texture) of skin, blemishes disappear and further discoloration of skin stops.
For fast recovery and to maintain the skin texture and glow homeopaths also use external creams which are purely prepared by homeopathic Mother tincture and low potency’s and are very safe and without any side effects.
Homeopathy medicines cure pigmentation from the root cause and assuring the patient of not facing the similar problem in future. Some of the common homeopathic medicines for treating pigmentation are:
- Medicines like Lycopodium Clavatum can be consumed if you experience grayish-yellow discolored face with blue circles around the eyes. It can also cure brown spots on the nose and face.
- Sepia offincinalis can treat chloasma (Yellow spots on the face and a yellow mark across the upper region of the nose and cheeks). This medicine also treats ailments during pregnancy and is best suited for patients who have dark hair.
- Thuja occidentalis should be consumed to treat dry skin with uneven brown spots. People who have waxy faces with dark under eyes should consume this medicine.
- Argenticum nitricum can also be consumed if your face looks pale, old and bluish. It is best suited for people who have tense, hard and brown skin with irregular brown blotches.
- Cadmium sulphuratum can treat yellow stains on the cheeks and nose. This usually worsens due to prolonged exposure to the wind and sun.
- Copaiva offincinalis reduces brown lenticular spots. These spots give a mottled appearance and can itch at times.
- Caulophyllum thalictroides can be consumed by women who experience discoloration of the skin due to uterine and menstrual disorders.
- Plumbum melallicum usually treat liver spots, hyper pigmentation and reduces the oil content of the face.
These remedies treat discoloration of the face along with liver spots, brown spots and excess oil formation of the face which is accompanied by hyperpigmentation.
However, the correct choice and the resulting relief is a matter of experience and right judgment on the part of the homeopathy doctor. The treatment is decided after thorough case taking of the patient. Thus homeopathic remedies of pigmentation are tailor-made and should be taken after consulting a specialized homeopath.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.