Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. SukumaYour feedback matters!
I was having cervical spontalysis and was wearing collar. Now I have the pain in the left leg knee and undergoing treatment with Ayurveda medicine. Even after taking the treatment for the last 20 days I am not feeling comfort. No I am feeling the pain in the lower back and some parts of the left leg. Should I continue the Ayurveda treatment or what I have to do. I am feeling heavy and feel of putting more weight as there is no exercise to the body. Kindly suggest correct steps to take.
What are the best exercises for getting disc to its original position? Mild disc bulge 1.2 and 1.3 L4 L5 please help been doing physiotherapy exercises since long but not fully cured yet please tell the exercises that would help bulge back the disc to its original position thanks.
I have lover back pain since last 2 month now I doing some exercise and got some relief kindly told me sime medicine name which is beneficial for me
Respected Doctors I am 45 years old and my wife age 30 years. Last night we did sexual intercourse couple of times after that she found little pain in her back. Is there any serious problem?
Sir I have shoulder and neck pain. Actually I work for about 10 hours on the computer. The numbness is now also there on my right hand and there is pain on the back of my head. Could you suggest a natural treatment in reducing or getting rid of the same?
I am 27 year old. My father 56 year old. He feel very serious pain in hand and leg. He is also patients of dama. His ghutana and kohni also jam. He is not able to walking, eating and drinking water. Please suggest me some treatment.
I am 32 years old male and recently feeling pain on my lower back. I can feel this pain mostly when I wake up in the morning and recently this pain continuing all times. Request to help me and is that any serious to be concern.
Hello sir/mam, I have extremely high muscle spasm and back pain near lumbar vertebrate bone series number 5, which is above left side of hip, which treatment or which exercise should I follow, plz, I can not walk 20-25 min properly due to muscle spasm above hip and bone, during walking.
What should I do if I have too much pain in my leg and if take painkiller my stomach creates too much problem?
I am 45 yrs. Old male. I am suffering in feet pain. Wholeday I feel pain in the lower part of my feet. My weight is 72kg & uric acid is 4.1mg. What should I do?
Gone are the days when bone ailments and damages were detected based on the experience and superficial conversations made by the physicians. These days with the advent of radio waves, medical science has made significant progress that has enabled a detailed overview of what exactly is going on inside your body and what should be the most relevant treatment in that regard. Magnetic Resonance Imaging or more commonly known as MRIs are a boon when it comes to diagnosing orthopedic and musculoskeletal complaints.
Common Uses of the Procedure:
MR imaging is usually the best choice for examining the:
- body’s major joints.
- spine for back pain
- soft tissues (muscles, tendons and ligaments) and bones of the extremities.
MR imaging is typically performed to diagnose or evaluate:
- degenerative joint disorders such as arthritis.
- tears of the menisci, ligaments and tendons (knee) or rotator cuff and labrum (shoulder and hip).
- fractures (in selected patients).
- spinal disk abnormalities (such as a herniated disk).
- the integrity of the spinal cord after trauma.
- sports-related injuries and work-related disorders caused by repeated strain, vibration or forceful impact.
- infections (such as osteomyelitis).
- tumors (primary tumors and metastases) involving soft tissues around the joints and extremities (such as muscles, bones and joints).
- pain, swelling or bleeding in the tissues in and around the joints and extremities.
- congenital malformations of the extremities in children and infants.
- developmental abnormalities of the extremities in children and infants.
- congenital and idiopathic (developing during adolescence) scoliosis prior to surgery.
- tethered spinal cord (abnormal stretching in the spinal cord) in infants and children.
In this process, X-rays and radio waves are subjected upon the affected region to examine the conditions of the bones, tissues, muscles and also detect the presence of tumours. This is majorly a non-invasive test and is painless. It does not use ionizing rays and therefore does not harm the body in any which way. The MRIs capture a detailed picture of the organs and the internal body structures and then transmit them onto a computer screen for the physician to monitor the inside story.
- MRI is an imaging technique that does not require exposure to radiation.
- MR images of the soft-tissue structures of the body (particularly muscles, bones and joints) are often clearer and more detailed than with other imaging methods. This detail makes MRI an invaluable tool in early diagnosis and evaluation of many conditions, including tumors.
- MRI can distinguish abnormal tissues from normal tissues much more accurately than most other imaging tests (x-ray, CT, etc.).
- MRI enables the discovery of abnormalities that might be obscured by bone with other imaging methods.
- The contrast material used in MRI exams is less likely to produce an allergic reaction than the iodine-based contrast materials used for conventional x-rays and CT scanning.
- MR images allow the physician to clearly see even very small tears and injuries to tendons, ligaments and muscles and some fractures that cannot be seen on x-rays and CT. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a radiologist.
I am 25 years old and suffering from pain in joints. What should I do? Please suggest me something to get rid of this pain .
Hi. I am feeling nausea and dizziness since 2-3 days. And also have some white discharge since 10-12 days. Some abdominal pain and back ache also occurs sometimes. My last period was on 5th July. I am 1 year married now. And have sex 2-3 times a week. Are these signs of pregnancy. Can pregnancy check be done before period date.
I usually go to gym everyday and do all kinds of workouts. This morning, I was doing squats with weights on (weight - 35 KGS). Suddenly I felt a pain in lower back and stopped squatting. From that moment, I couldn't walk freely, I am unable to shift from a position of comfort, gives me pain even when I am sitting in a chair. Is this serious? Even while lying on my back also I cannot move on my left/right as I can feel the pain. Please suggest that course of action.
Some diseases like chicken pox, measles etc. have definitive symptoms that make it easy to diagnose. However, others like lupus affect each person in a different way making them complex diseases that may take longer to diagnose. Lupus attacks the immune system and causes the antibodies that would normally fight infection to react against the body’s own cells and tissues. There are two main forms of lupus; systemic lupus that affects any part of the body and cutaneous lupus that affects the skin. These can occur simultaneously or on their own.
Some of the rashes that can be caused by cutaneous lupus are:
- Malar rash or butterfly rash: This affects the face and appears as a butterfly shaped rash over the nose and cheeks. It is triggered by the sun’s uv rays and can appear as a faint blush or a severe, scaly rash.
- Discoid lupus: Lupus can also cause small. Coin shaped sores or rashes. These are reddish and scaly in appearance and usually affect parts of the body exposed to sunlight and uv radiation. If left untreated, these sores can worsen with time. Though they do not cause pain or itchiness, they can result in scarring. In cases where these sores develop on the scalp, they can cause permanent bald patches.
- Subacute cutaneous lesions: These can be described as small, red sores that are shaped like coins. These can be found on the arms, shoulders, neck and chest in patches that resemble psoriasis. These lesions are also triggered by uv exposure. Though they do not cause scarring, these lesions can lighten or darken skin.
- Mucous membrane lesions: Sores in the mouth or nose that have been triggered by lupus are known as mucous membrane lesions.
- Baldness: Lupus can make the hair follicles near the scalp fragile and brittle. This can destroy the hair follicles and lead to hair fall. In some cases, hair may grow back while in others it could result in permanent baldness.
- Cutaneous vasculitis lesions: These refer to purplish spots or lines on the calves and feet. This is caused by the inflammation of skin tissues and can cause severe damage and gangrene.
- Raynaud's phenomenon: When exposed to cold, the skin on your fingers and toes may also change colour to red, white or blue due to lupus. This is triggered by the tightening of blood vessels and may be accompanied by a tingling sensation or numbness. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.