Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sukhpreet MangatYour feedback matters!
There is a pain in my lower molar teeth, since last 3 days, half portion of my fore head is also paining.
I have a cold for last three days and my eyes are red my tongue has turned blue and I can not smell nor I can breathe clearly. What should I do?
I am 17 year old boy. The front and the back part of my teeth are getting yellow and blackish. What should I do?
My mother age 75 is suffering from tooth ache. She was made angioplast. She is on bp and diabetic pills. Is it ok to extract her paining tooth?
I had root canal in my childhood, it was fine until I noticed some pain there, when I went to the dentist she removed the cap and then the pain went away, I felt some sensitivity but it's fine now, nobody could figure out the cause of pain and sensitivity, now they are saying to cut some gum for crowning to better place the cap, is it advisable?
Hi, my teeth are bright enough from front; however there are some black lines on the back side of the tooth. Please advise as I regularly brush twice a day. But still.
I am a oral cancer patient. My surgery was done in July2013, at Vadodara. I had undergoan for Radiation treatment for 31 sessions in August, Sept'13. It was 2nd stage cancer. Recently i had under goan for CT scan. According to CT scan report my treating Dr. Said It is not abnormal. I am afraid with Dr. Statement.If it is not abnormal means it is also not normal. I am afraid to consult even other Dr. Pl help me & guide, How my CT report can be sent to your panel Dr. For further advise. Or suggest alternative if any. .
I am suffering with mouth ulcers for recently from last 1 month Why it's coming continuously for me.
Dear Doctor, I have a problem in my oral cavity i. E; my gums are bleeding and a hole is formed (on upper part of my front gum) through which root of the teeth is visible. One good thing is that I don't have pain. So, please suggest me to solve this problem.
Since last one month the saliva in mouth tastes very sweet. Is it symptom of diabetes or any other problem.
How to remove waste material in the sense saliva. Due to this I was experiencing indigestion, severe head ache. I need some suggestions/tips.
If you thought dental health could take a backseat amidst other demanding health problems, you surely haven’t experienced the unbearable pain of tooth cavities. Problems pertaining to your teeth could be many. From open nerve endings to weak and brittle teeth, anything could plague you. To take proper care of your teeth, you should visit your dentist frequently.
A few basic ways to maintain healthy teeth
- Pay heed to the kind of toothbrush you use: The kind of toothbrush you use plays a key role in discerning the health of your teeth. Many tend to use toothbrushes with hard bristles for brushing; this causes the enamel of your teeth to wear away. As a result, the dentine shows and a person reveals yellowish teeth every time he or she smiles. To soften the bristles of your toothbrush, you could wash it in lukewarm water prior to brushing.
- Certain food items should be strictly avoided: Junk food or packaged food is not just harmful for your overall health, but also for your teeth. Any food rich in starches or sugars can have acidic effects on your teeth enamel. Acids can corrode the enamel of your teeth. Hence, one should remember to consume food items that contain little amounts of sugar and starch. The reason why everybody around prohibited you from having too many chocolates as a child can be realized in the aforementioned point.
- Brushing and flossing routine: It is absolutely essential to brush your teeth twice daily. Flossing is what makes brushing effective. Many people are not aware of the right way to floss. Flossing should be done in a way so as to get rid of plaque that tends to settle down in between your teeth or right underneath your gums. The floss should be curved in the shape of a C for proper cleaning. Deposition of food particles when left to rot inside your mouth can cause graver problems other than bad breath.
- Give up your addiction: Smoking can kill the well-being of your teeth. It reduces the amount of blood circulated into a person’s mouth thus, making him or her more prone to the risk of oral cancers. Your chances of contracting periodontal diseases also increase when you smoke. So, healthy teeth and smoking can never go hand in hand.
- Never eat too many snacks: Eating in between meals or binge eating generally causes a lot of harm to your dental health. The more number of snacks a person intakes, the more is the concentration of sugar on his or her teeth. Care should be taken to eat four complete meals a day and less of snacks which are rich in sugar or carbohydrates. If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.
Stained or yellow teeth are very common and may persist for a long time despite proper brushing, because of certain habits such as drinking tea, coffee or smoking frequently. The good thing is you can get rid of yellow teeth naturally.
Here are 5 easy ways:
1. Use a scrub made of strawberry, baking soda and salt.
Enriched with vitamin C, strawberries helpin the breakdown of plaque, resulting in whiter teeth. Moreover, the presence of an enzyme known as malic acid in strawberries, make them natural teeth stain removers. The salt generally performs the function of the scrub to remove the gunk that causes stain.
Directions: Mix 2/3 large strawberries (mashed) with ½ teaspoon of baking soda and a pinch of sea salt. Use a paper towel to dry your teeth and apply the mixture on them with a toothbrush. Leave on for about 5 minutes and then rinse your mouth with water. Repeat every night.
2. Apply a paste of lemon juice and baking soda
Being mildly abrasive, baking soda acts as an effective scrub and eliminator of stains from your teeth’s surface. Lemon juice is known to have natural bleaching properties, which make the mixture perfect for giving you sparkling teeth.
Directions: Make a paste using few teaspoons of baking soda and the requisite amount of lemon juice. Ensure that your teeth are free from saliva and then use a toothbrush to apply the paste on your teeth. Rinse your teeth properly with water after a minute.
3. Use coconut oil to rinse your mouth
Coconut oil contains lauric acid,which helps get rid of bacteria present in plaque, the ones that are responsible for the yellowing of teeth. Elimination of the bacteria will remove plaque and give you whiter teeth.
Directions: Swish 1 tablespoon of coconut oil through and around your teeth. Continue for 10-15 minutes and then spit it out. Use water to rinse your mouth and then brush your teeth. Repeat every morning for visible results within a few days.
4. Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt on your regular toothpaste
Sea salt is known for its exceptional cleansing and exfoliating properties, which makes it a highly effective remedy to curb yellowness or discolouration of teeth.
Directions: Top your regular toothpaste with a pinch of salt before brushing. Alternatively, you can also brush your teeth only with salt once every week to get whiter teeth.
5. Brush your teeth with a neemstick
Neem bark is considered to be an elixir of oral health due to its anti-microbial properties. In fact, neem has been used for cleaning teeth in India since ancient times.
Directions: Soak the tip of a neem stick in water overnight. Take out the topmost woody layer of the stick in the morning. Brush your stick using this stick and rinse your mouth with water afterwards.
CAUTION: However, these are not permanent cures and plaque build-up can recur due to your eating and drinking habits. For a long lasting cure, you could go for a professional teeth-whitening session at a dentist’s clinic.