Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Suketu M. ShahYour feedback matters!
I have dark underarms, I tried bleach it helped me a lot in fading the darkness. But the darkness is not gone completely. What should I do?
Sir/Madam. I Have white coating above my tongue since so many years. What is it actually and also I have some black in the both edges occasionally. What is that all about and what is the reason for that and is there any problem by that and hiw can I cure it naturally Thank you.
My teen age girl wants to use nail polish, but have heard that many nail polish contain formaldehyde and cause cancer. Is it safe for my daughter to use it? Please advice.
People who suffer from oily skin tend to have multiple advantages, such as a younger looking skin over a longer period of time as wrinkles, spots and fine lines tend to creep in much later. However, there are many inherent disadvantages of having oily skin, such as a shiny face and frequent occurrences of pimples and acne. Some of the tips to take care of your greasy or oily skin are mentioned below:
1. Use face cleansers, which are gentle on your skin: It is very important that you choose a cleanser, which has the best ingredients in them as harder elements can damage your skin and accelerate oil production. Products which are specifically marketed for oily skin or acne and best suited for these purposes usually contain the following ingredients:
- glycolic acid
- benzoyl peroxide
- beta-hydroxy acid
- salicylic acid
2. Use medicated pads or blotting paper to remove excess oil: For greasy or oily skin, one of the best solutions is to use specially medicated pads or blotting paper, which can easily remove the grime from your face. There are many over the counter products available which are specially made for this purpose. You can use these in between daily facial washes.
3. Don't wash you face more than twice daily: It is recommended you wash your face twice a day with a gentle face cleanser, but not more than that. Washing your face more than twice daily could actually strip your skin of all moisture and encourage the production of more oil.
4. Use natural face masks and clays to soothe your skin once a week: Natural clays and face masks made of ingredients like fullers earth, commonly known as multani mitti and sandalwood will soothe and cool your skin. It also removes excess oil and harmful bacteria from the skin.
5. Control what you eat: Diet plays a big part on how skin is affected as well. Consuming foods, which are high in sugar and oil such as fried foods and fizzy drinks will definitely contribute to more oil on your skin. Replacing them with fruits and vegetables like apricots, mangoes, lettuce, kale, carrots and sweet potatoes will reduce the oiliness of your skin.
6. Makeup also plays a major role: The type of foundation or makeup you use can also contribute to how much oil you have on your skin. While choosing make up try and avoid heavy foundation and choose water based liquid make up instead of oil based ones.
Related Tip: "7 Tips for Healthy & Glowing Skin in Monsoon!"
I got wart on my feet and I used duofilm liquid for some days and it get removed. But after some days it again come and this time it is more black than previous one. Again I am using the same duofilm. It is spreading also. What should I do?
Obesity is a serious, chronic disease that can have a negative effect on many systems in your body. People who are overweight or obese have a much greater risk of developing serious conditions, including:
- Heart disease
- Type 2 diabetes
- Bone and joint disease
The prevalence of childhood obesity has increased dramatically over the past few decades, and obesity during adolescence is associated with significant medical morbidity during adulthood. Eating disorders and obesity are usually seen as very different problems but actually share many similarities. Eating disorders (EDs) are the third most common chronic condition in adolescents, after obesity and asthma.
In fact, eating disorders, obesity, and other weight-related disorders may overlap as girls move from one problem, such as unhealthy dieting, to another, such as obesity. Understand the links between eating disorders and obesity and promote healthy attitudes and behaviors related to weight and eating.
What is an Eating Disorder?
Eating Disorders describe illnesses that are characterized by irregular eating habits and severe distress or concern about body weight or shape. Eating disturbances may include inadequate or excessive food intake which can ultimately damage an individual’s well-being. The most common forms of eating disorders include Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, and Binge Eating Disorder and affect both females and males.
Signs & Symptoms of an Eating Disorder:
A man or woman suffering from an eating disorder may reveal several signs and symptoms, some which are:
- Chronic dieting despite being hazardously underweight
- Constant weight fluctuations
- Obsession with calories and fat contents of food
- Engaging in ritualistic eating patterns, such as cutting food into tiny pieces, eating alone, and/or hiding food
- Continued fixation with food, recipes, or cooking; the individual may cook intricate meals for others but refrain from partaking
- Depression or lethargic stage
- Avoidance of social functions, family and friends. May become isolated and withdrawn
- Switching between periods of overeating and fasting
What are the health risks associated with these disorders?
- Stunted growth.
- Delayed menstruation.
- Damage to vital organs such as the heart and brain.
- Nutritional deficiencies, including starvation.
- Cardiac arrest.
- Emotional problems such as depression and anxiety.
What is Obesity?
Obesity means being overweight by the accumulation of excess fat within the body. Obesity is defined to some extent by measuring Body Mass Index (BMI). People become obese by consumption of excess calories, imbalance between calories intake and calories outgoing, leading a sedentary life, lack of sleep , disturbances in lipid metabolism and intake of medications that put on obese.
What are the risks associated with obesity?
Obesity increases the risk for:
- High blood pressure
- Cardiovascular disease
- Gallbladder disease
- Respiratory problems
- Emotional problems such as depression and anxiety
How eating disorder and obesity are related?
Eating disorders and obesity are part of a range of weight-related problems.
- Body dissatisfaction and unhealthy dieting practices are linked to the development of eating disorders, obesity, and other problems.
- Binge eating is common among people with eating disorders and people who are obese.
- Depression, anxiety, and other mood disorders are associated with both eating disorders and obesity.
- The environment may contribute to both eating disorders and obesity.
Help adolescents develop healthy eating habits:
- Help children learn to control their own eating.
- Offer children a variety of healthy foods at meal and snack times.
- Eat dinner together as a family most days of the week.
- Be aware of your child's emotional health or else consult a psychologist
- Encourage children to participate in sports, dance, swimming and other physical activities.
- Counteract harmful media messages about body image.
The splendid approach:
The approach should be quite simple. A proper diet plan, nutritious foods and fruits with proper exercise can do a world of good to you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
My age is 17 and wanna become fair and have little sensitive skin with little pimples n have medium skin tone is kojic acid cream with vitamin C is the best cream for me and where I can find this cream it the chemist or at beauty center or online n in how many days it give results. How many bottles or tube of it I should use or it will have side effects. Wanna know. please help.
I have black skin on my left corner side neck I have shown so many doctors but they provide medicine but they failed to solve the issue.
How to remove hairs from vaginal area. My vaginal area hairs are become very hard because the use of razor. So please give me a solution for this. That how I can remove the hairs for soft smooth and fair vaginal area skin?
I have blackish skin on shoulder and face. And skin is rough on blackish area. Suggest me the remedies.
Which company day and night cream I should use for my face, lines have seen on it. Tell me how to use Cleanser toner moisturizer every day.
How to protect your skin from Sun Tan?
Hello everyone. I am Dr. Anupriya Goel from Berkowitz Hair And Skin Clinic. Today I am going to give you tips on how to take care of your skin during summers.
Now, the most common problem that people come to me with during summers is sun tan and pigmentation and my prevention for the same would be prevention than cure. Now, you must prevent your skin from the harmful radiation of from the sun which not only leads to sun tan and pigmentation but also leads to photo damage of your skin which leads to early signs of aging. So the main component which must be applied to prevent your skin from this skin damage is the application of a broad spectrum sunscreen. So, a sunscreen must be minimum SPF 30, UVA++, must be applied 15-20 minutes before going out in the sun, must be re-applied every 3 hours if you are in the sun continuously and should be applied in adequate quantities.
Now, a lot of people even though they apply sunscreen, as they do not apply in adequate quantity, is not very effective. So a minimum of 3 fingertips units must be applied on the face and the neck. Now, along with application of the sunscreen, application of a vitamin C serum is also very important. This is because, due to the exposure to UV radiations and due to environmental pollutants there is generation of free radicals or reactive oxygen species which not only damages your skin cells but it is also damages your melanin producing cells or melanocides. So, this can be prevented by intake of anti-oxidants in the form of citrus fruits, oral supplements and Vitamin C serum. Hence, I would advise that application of a Vitamin C serum and a sunscreen is a must every single day of your life especially in summers.
Now, at night time, the most important step before going to bed is cleansing your face. Many people undermine the importance of cleaning their face before going to bed. This step not only removes the excessive sebum and excessive production of sweat that is mainly produced during summers but it also removes the environmental pollutants. After cleansing your face, you must apply a topical agent containing alphahydroxy acid, containing glycolic acid, lactic acid or melanic acid at least twice a week. This step not only improves the top layer of your skin by decreasing the amount of sebum and removing the dead skin cells but it also acts on a deeper level of your skin producing increased collagen, and meuko polysaccharides which increases the thickness and quality of your skin.
On the other days of the week, you must also apply a moisturizing cream or a hydrating gel. The important properties of a good moisturizing cream are that it contains humectants which attracts water to the skin, maintains or traps water to your skin and emollients which smoothen up your skin. A good property of a moisturizing gel should be that it should leave your skin smooth and supple and not very sticky. Now, other than applying these moisturizing creams and hydrating gels, it is very important to take care of the hydration of your body by taking minimum 2-3 liters of water every single day. So, just to summarize it, during summers, during daytime, you must apply Vitamin C serum and a sunscreen and at night, you must apply a good moisturizing gel along with glycolic acid containing topical agents along with a healthy diet and cleansing your face.
If you do all these steps for a minimum of 3-6 months, you will definitely see a younger and brighter looking skin. Wish you all a very healthy and beautiful summer. Thank you.