Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sukesh ThakurYour feedback matters!
One of the effects of ageing is the double chin that is caused due to extra fluid or fat under the chin. It could also be due to increased weight, sagging skin, or merely genetic. Given that it produces an aged appearance, people with double chin are constantly trying to find ways to hide it. There are two main muscles in the neck area, and toning them helps to remove the double chin appearance. There are grooming tips like specific kinds of clothes, hairstyle, and makeup to conceal it. There are also some exercises which are believed to reduce the prominence of the double chin. However, these are temporary measures, and for a permanent solution, surgical correction is the only method of choice.
Some of the new methods to get rid of the double chin are listed below with some important additional details. Talk to your surgeon and understand what to expect before going ahead with the surgical correction.
- Kybella: Approved by FDA, this is the new wonder drug to correct double chin. With no surgery involved, all it takes is about half an hour. The area is injected with a local anaesthetic and then Kybella. This contains deoxycholic acid, which is an enzyme that the body also produces naturally. This helps break down fat cells and so after a couple of weeks, the double chin gradually begins to literally melt away. Depending on the desired results, repeat injections might be required at monthly intervals. There could be mild swelling in the initial couple of days, which will subside shortly. The result would be a more defined chin line, producing a slimmer appearance.
- CoolMini: This involves freezing the fat and massaging it to remove the double chin. This is a form of chin sculpting and is preferred in people with good skin tightness. Results will be evident in about 1 to 3 months.
- Skin tightening using infrared light: A beam of infrared light is aimed at the double chin which causes tightening of the skin by stimulating the underlying collagen and elastin layers.
- Chin liposuction: In people with excess fat deposition, chin liposuction where the excess fat is suctioned off is a good treatment option. This is a time-tested method and produces results more immediately than the above-mentioned procedures.
Subsequent to any of the above procedures, it is better to make some lifestyle changes so that the double chin does not return. Weight management and regular exercise can go a long way in preventing recurrence of the double chin. Speak to a doctor to draw up a weight management plan and an exercise regimen that can help in the same.
I am can not able to sleep since 4 days because of my bad health these days from that I have get dark circles around my eyes how can I get rid of it what to do? Please help me!
I am 35 years old women. Few days back some brown faint marks appeared on my both cheek just below my eyes. My mother and my aunty too have such patches and It is hereditary in my mother side. How can I get relif from such patches.
My friend (boy) & another boy did anal sex. Now my friend is having little pain in anus & when he pooped. A little blood also came. As such there is no injury or problem. But pl suggest what he should do. Can he have sex with that boy again or not?
I am 30yrs old, My undereyes dark circles. I used many times medicine @ other ointments. But nothing to Gud result. Sir I request to you pls give me easy solution then clean dark circles.
Hey I am 21 is there any good skin lightning cream. I use skin lite but after applying I experienced some peeling of skin is that fine.
My face skin has been burn due to work in sunlight. Now there is difference between my face skin tone and my hands skin tone. What I have to do?
I have, red red big sports on leg which are looking very dangerous, I am using cosvate gm cream which removed it but again it come back ,what should I do.
I had a cut on my forehead in may2014. I had 7 stitches. The doctor stitched it with the thread as the doctors do. But it has left a scar on my forehead. I do not like it. How can I remove that scar?
Treatment Options For Dark Circles
1. Cold compress also helps treat dark circles. You may use an ice bag, cloth dipped in cold water, or a frozen spoon. Simply dab anyone of these near the eyes. This will instantly reduce the appearance of dark circles.
2. Dip cotton balls in rose water and keep on the under eye area for 20 minutes. This will also help to reduce dark circle.
3. Apply cold milk or iced water compress over the eyes and leave for 15 – 20 min. This is also quite effective.
4. Eat fruits and vegetables rich in vitamins and iron. Blend 2 fresh tomatoes, lemon juice and a pinch of salt and drink the juice daily or every alternate day for a healthy skin and refreshed eyes.
5. Laser treatment is another effective treatment for dark circle removal. With laser treatment, the fat deposited under the eye is targeted. After the laser treatment, the skin under the eye becomes smooth and less discoloured.
In laser treatment, an ultraviolet light or infrared invisible light is used to create a wave length that releases energy as they move across the skin. The energy is absorbed through the skin layers and gives a soothing effect, while correcting the dark and irregular skin pigments that cause dark circle.
6. Eye surgery for dark circle is known as blepharoplasty which is performed by a plastic surgeon. The under eye fat deposits are removed resulting in less puffiness, less discolouration and more lively eyes. There are two types of under eye surgery. One is transcutaneous lower lid blepharoplasty where 1 or 2 incision below the lower lid eyelashes is made. It is the ideal solution for those who have more skin under the eye.
The second one is for dark circles under the eye. A local anaesthesia is given for general comfort and may even result in some bruising and swelling lasting for about a week. It’s better to weigh the pros and cons before going for the surgery.
7. Aroma Magic Under Eye Gel:This is one of the most affordable and effective under eye gels available in the Indian market. This under eye gel gives an immediate cooling effect and refreshes the eyes.
8. Various topical creams, ointments and gels are available in the market to minimize the appearance of dark circles. You have to ensure that the creams contain active ingredients which can give optimum results. These active ingredients include vitamin K which helps to reduce dilated blood vessels; and vitamin C and alpha hydroxyl acids which aids in the stimulation of the collagen production of the skin.