Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SujayYour feedback matters!
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she cant keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
My baby is 22 months old. He was vit D deficient with >10 count. After 3 months we did the test and it showed sufficiency about 48.3. After 3 months we did another test it showed 43.9 even if we continued giving supplement (not booster. Then doctor told to stop giving supplements. Is there any chance for lowering vit d if we stopped giving supplement? Is he normal now? And his hb count is 10.3.
Sir, I have one month baby. After he drink milk from his mother immediately getting vomiting. Here we already consult doctor he told baby has gas inside and gave medicine we are using but not effective. He is not getting sleep after he drink milk. What should we do.
Hi, my son is always asking for something or the other that he knows we would not like eg using for phones, wants to go to shop to buy random things. He does not understand difference between aap and main. Is there something to be worried about?
My child is 8 yr old hi was epilepsy attack for 24 hour between 2 hour every month last 4 year what should I do? his medicine running oxmazetol-300 last 2.5 yr.
My son aged 9 years is having fever since yesterday along with loose motions. What medicine can he take?
Toothache is a painful dental condition that affects many people worldwide. At times the excruciating pain can drive a normal person insane. Cavity and tooth decay contribute to toothache in a big way. However, toothache can also be an indication of some serious dental ailments that needs immediate attention. The following factors/reasons can equally contribute to toothache (mild or severe).
- Tooth decay: Tooth decay and cavities are synonymous to unhealthy teeth and toothache. Cavities can also give rise to awkward complications like bad breath. Thus, proper dental care and hygiene is of topmost priority. It is highly recommended to brush the teeth three times daily.
- Accidental falls: Accidents incurred during sports or games often go unnoticed and untreated. This can invite unwanted complications like broken teeth, infections or inflammations resulting in toothache.
- Unhealthy gums: Bleeding, painful and swollen gums and many other gum ailments can severely affect the teeth. At an advanced stage, this can lead to unbearable toothache.
- Bruxism: Many people knowingly or unknowingly indulge in Bruxism or tooth grinding. Bruxism can have serious dental implications. It exerts tremendous pressure on the teeth and the supporting tissues. Eventually the jaw muscles also get affected, with toothache being the inevitable consequence.
- Decaying enamel: Healthy enamel implies healthy teeth. Factors like excessive intake of sweets, drinks and chocolates play a significant role in enamel decay. This can have a detrimental effect on the teeth resulting in toothache.
- Abscess, a serious dental ailment: Abscess is the manifestation of dental infections, whereby pus formation takes place between the gum and a tooth. Pus formation can also take place at the base of a tooth resulting in toothache.
- Cracked tooth syndrome: A fractured tooth often acts as a catalyst, leading to toothache. The crack on the tooth is so small that even an x-ray fails to reveal it. Factors like bruxism, tooth decay, to name a few; contribute to the Cracked Tooth Syndrome.
- The wisdom mystery: Lucky are those whose wisdom teeth erupt completely, at a single go. Impacted wisdom teeth can give a person sleepless nights. Misaligned teeth are no better.
- Toothache and periodontal complications: It is a serious condition leading to shooting pain and inflammation. The inflammation and pain affects the root of the tooth immensely. It usually results from infections in plaque formations.
- Sinus infections: In many cases, it has been found that sinus infection can lead to toothache. Positioned close to the upper back teeth, the sinuses give rise to what is known as a dull ache.
Toothache can be an amalgamation of many factors. Thus, it is very important to go for periodical dental & full body check ups.
My son is in grade 12. As crucial time has begun we told him not to go for full day outings with his friends and focus on his studies. As he has not been scoring well. As a revolt he has stopped studying whatever little bit he used to do. We sat and spoke to him .Told him this is the time to focus on studies and if he has to meet his friends then an hour or so is still okay. We told him the importance of grade 12 result. And that there is no retake we even suggested going out with us for dinner once a week if he requires a change .Have even tried keeping his phone aside during studies. And giving it to hil later. Switching off the internet when we sleep. Counseling etc but all in vain. Pls advise what to do .how to handle this situation.
Hi, my son is three years old. He is having cough in night only. Day time he is very much ok, but night only he is having cough. What medicine we have to give?
My son is 3.5 years old, he got stomach pain first. By taking motion test, the result is hookworm. Then after taking scan, he got mesenteric adenitis. He is taking macox zh kid and senasef. How long will it take to cure? What is the cause for this disease? Is hookworm serious? kindly tell what not to do?
Hey. Today while playing. My 3 years litter nephew has taken a small bottle cap in his mouth and unlucky it entered the mouth through the neck. What to do now sir?
My nephew is 4 months old and water is coming out from his eyes 3 to 4 times a day without any reason. In this case what should we do?
Choosing a career is a serious concern for students soon after completing 10th standard when one is required to make a choice of subjects for 11th grade. While still very young, many of us hardly know what is good for us and which field is best. For most of us, choosing a career is not a serious affair until 12th grade. However, once a student is done with 12th, he rethinks - “Did I make the right choice of subjects in class XIth?” I had always wanted to go in this field after school, but nobody guided me about subjects required for it in class XIth and XIIth. So, after completing school one feels very sad and frustrated that interest lay in A–field but wasted 2 school years doing B-Field, a totally different course of study.
Therefore, when selecting subjects in XIth, it is very necessary to have a career goal in place keeping the market in mind. In addition to this, selecting the right education institution in XIth is equally important. Eg. “I am interested in Fine Arts but my school offers only Science and Commerce.” So, the child takes one of these only and loses track of what he wants, sowing the seeds for future distress in the field thrust upon him. Unfortunately, not many students are able to discover their potentials and interests at this stage and end up making wrong choices.
In this scenario, seeking the help of an experienced and qualified career counselor becomes absolutely necessary who can assist in discovering your potential and aptitude and accordingly suggest the right course. Career counselor usually employs testing of three factors – aptitude, interest and personality. These aspects help the counselors in deciding the right career path for a student. With an increase in the number of opportunities in the market, the importance of career counseling has also increased manifold. People have begun to realize the fact that not all can become engineers or doctors and started exploring other fields depending on their talent and interest in alternate domains.
Sound guidance will depend on the qualifications, training and experience of the professional. It is always a good idea to first know about the professional expertise of the counsellor/psychologist on whom you depend for making a life-long career choice. Generally speaking, school counsellors are post-graduates with about 9 months diploma in counselling and guidance with a focus on school children. They may or may not have done M.Phil, or Ph.D to qualify as a doctor. Similarly, anybody with just a graduation degree in Psychology can self-proclaim as a Counsellor/Psychologist and offer guidance and counselling, charging much less a fees. For any professional you choose, the higher the educational qualifications, more the number of practical trainings from reputed institutes, and the greater the professional experience, more dependable will be the advice given by them.
Vocational guidance for students and adults is one of the best ways to choose the right career path. With a plethora of career choices out there, sound career counselling plays a pivotal role in ensuring that right career choices are made. This is rewarding, considering that an individual can choose the right career path as per the strengths and talents he possesses. Right counselling not only helps the person to grow in the job quickly but gives ample room to learn in his desired field.
Here is a list of some major benefits of vocational guidance and career counselling:
- Right assessment of weakness and strength: Career counselling is typically conducted by expert professionals with years of experience behind their back. They assess a candidate based on various aptitude tests. The test results rightly portray the strength and weaknesses of a candidate. This information plays a key role in determining the right career choice for a candidate. A person can ensure that he refrain from choosing a wrong career that leads to frustration and low work satisfaction.
- Right goal setting leads to better choice: A counsellor can help a candidate choose the right goal and help him to outline the process of achieving it. Furthermore, an experienced counsellor can help a candidate lay down a plan to reach the goal. A step by step blueprint of reaching the goal in a realistic manner helps a candidate to achieve his dream career faster. With right goal setting, a person can attend career success over a very short period of time.
- Explore various career choices: There are vast career choices that a person can explore that are available within the scope of a person’s expertise. A career counsellor can throw light on these choices and help a person focus on the right option. This ensures that a person saves a lot of time and energy while figuring out the best possible career choice that is out there. This is particularly true in cases where a person is trying to make a mid-career switch.
- The right guidance and support: An experienced career counsellor can guide a candidate to get hold of the right set of skills and expertise that may be required to achieve a particular career. This ensures that a candidate is adequately prepared before the big opportunity knocks on the door. Right guidance not only cut down the preparation time, it increases the chances of success as well.
- Search Support: While the job search is on, a good counsellor can help a candidate prepare in terms of resume preparation, cover letter, video introduction etc. They can also help a candidate with the right kind of networking to land that dream job.
To conclude, the crux of career counselling is to get the necessary guidance from a qualified professional that would help the student/adult in making the right choice regarding his career. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
My son is 8 years old. He is having a habit of peeing in night on bed. Please suggest how to get rid of this habit?
My baby boy is 6 months old and he is vomiting since 1 day what should I give him his weight is 6.2 kg?And he is active we are feeding him with similac1 feed. No breast feed.
My son is 3 yrs 8 months old is having prolonged coughing. Shown to pediatrician and Homeopathic doctors but complete cure is not done so far. Sometimes he coughs for a minute or so and very frequent (specially during his sleeps at night or early day time). Doctor said throat infection which is cured but he is not completely relieved. Please advise.
Children with highly involved parents had enhanced social functioning and fewer behaviour problems.