Find numerous Urologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Urologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sujatha Patwardhan
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Sujatha PatwardhanYour feedback matters!
I am 29 years old male and I have white foamy urine during high blood sugar, I know I don't drink enough water, could this be The cause? please any solution s.
I have 10 mm kidney stone and it has been followed by constant vomiting like around 8 to 10 vomits per day due to lack of energy and hydration I was given 2 glucose bottles yesterday by the local doctor and he recommended me laser operation costing Rs. 35000 plus medicines and other charges what should I do bow and which method should I go for homeopathy, allopathy, ayurveda?Please recommend.
I am having a stone of 4.3 mm in my kidney. What should I do becoz it pains a lot. In my left of stomach. I am taking painkillers whenever required bt I think its not good to have such a quantity of painkillers sometimes I take 2. Painkillers a day becoz pain is un bearable. Tell me wht should I do?
I have problem of number 2 I take to much time some time I came out from toilet without doing anything I suffering from 5 year.
I am 22 years old. Now a days I am suffering from frequent urination. Which is really annoying. What are the reasons behind it and how can I get rid of it?
I getting itching in my anus since a year yearly morning, give me a solution for that thank u, 5 years back I have foods but I am not take any medicine, now major problem is itching my anus, kindly help me.
I can not urinate properly since yesterday even when I go I always feel there is some remaining and I have had a big fibroid and gallstone and I'm taking uri kind I also had constipation buy today I've had motion 3 times pls tell me what to do? Should I get some tests done I also feel I'm close to my period and my skin has broken out I need to start my azithral 500 dose tomorrow once for three days.
I am a 23 years old male and have a metal fatigue disease from last 2 years. Like as linkage from urine, bad dream, so that wear of my body. Now I want to grow my body.
Treatment for Kidney stones varies depending on the size and type of the stone or the symptoms caused by it. In case of small stones, medication and simple changes in lifestyle can be enough to treat it, but surgeries and extensive treatments are required if symptoms are severe. Following are treatment options for kidney stones:
Small stones with minimal symptoms:
- Drinking water: Drinking around 3 liters of water a day will regulate your urinary system and can effectively eliminate small stones. Unless your doctor advices otherwise, drinking ample amount of fluids, usually water, is one of the commonest way to get rid of small kidney stones.
- Pain relievers: There might be a considerable amount of pain and discomfort associated with passing the stone through urine. Your doctor may recommend pain killers like Ibuprofen, Naproxen sodium or acetaminophen.
- Medical therapy: In order to eliminate the kidney stone, your doctor may administer medical therapy. Medication like alpha blocker helps in passing the kidney stone with least pain and more quickly. It relaxes the muscles in the ureter and makes the process relatively easy.
Large stones with severe symptoms:
- Using sound waves to break up stones: In this technique, a procedure called Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL), is employed. ESWL uses the help of sound waves to create vibrations which breaks the stones in smaller pieces. This procedure takes about an hour and can cause mild pain and discomfort. Your doctor may administer sedatives to reduce your sensitivity. ESWL has side effects like blood in urine or bruising in the abdomen.
- Surgical removal of kidney stones: Surgical removal of stones is done with the help of a procedure called nephrolithotomy. It uses small telescopes and other instruments which are inserted in your back through a small incision. It is generally done in case of large stones and when ESWL fails.
- Ureteric Calculi (Using a scope to remove stones): A thin illuminated tube called ureteroscope is used to remove a comparatively smaller stone in the kidney or ureter. The ureteroscope is equipped with a tiny camera which determines the location of the stone which is then broken into pieces with the help of other instruments. It may require general or regional anesthesia.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!