Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Sujata VasaniYour feedback matters!
Is my microwave giving me cancer? Will vitamin D save my life? Should I really be taking four times the recommended daily dose?
My father is a tobacco addict. His gums become dilute n ulcers came to his mouth 2 days ago. He had some fever n he is having constipation. He said that he stops chewing tobacco thereafter he is having all these problems because of change. Is that possible. I think that he is hiding something. Maybe ulcers came first and then he leaves tobacco. What should we do to confirm that it is not a serious problem like mouth cancer. Suggest me some test or where can we have those test or any other mean for confirmation.
I am 25 years old male. I went for a check up five months back for kidney stones. The doctor told me that your prostate is getting enlarged and asked me a question do you masturbate daily. I told yes. He asked me to stop it. Now my question is if I have enlarged prostate how do I cure without any side effects or naturally. I use to urinate nearly 20 times daily. I suspect it is because of enlarged prostate because my blood sugar is normal .Help me to out of this.
What is the treatment for nodes on neck. I have nodes on both side of my neck. Pet scan reports Neck Nodes: Pet Images: No abnormal FDG uptake within head and neck region. There is no hypermetabolic lymph node. Level 1A - 5 MM, Level 1B - left-5 mm, right- 5 mm, Level 2A Left- 6 mm, right 8 mm, Level 2B-left 4-4, mm, right - 4-5 mm Thorax: There is no hypermetabolic focus in lungs, mediastinum or axilla. Physiologic myocardial uptake is present. Abdomen and pelvis: Mesenteric nodesL few upto 5 mm Para-aortic nodes upto 7 mm Additional findings on CT Uterus- Small 2 cm intramural fibroid. Kindly suggest suitable treatment Thank you doctor
My father is suffering from prostate cancer with secondary bone metastasis chemo and radiation is done but they do not get any relief. They have sever pain in spinal cord. I need any suggestion for the further treatment.
Sir my son has diagnosis osteosarcoma a bone cancer ,and I want to know about the role of biopsy in treatment of osteosarcoma.
Sir am lavnya. How to control cancer without medicine? And what is the count for beta hcg if cancer is their?
Sir. I am suffering with prostate infection. From few months. Now I am taking medicine. Some what better now. My wife had three miscarriages in last three years. By continuing medicine can I try for children.
My dad 67 years old previous years he had 3 operation 1. 2012 Heart attack 3 block admitted in godbole thane operation successful done. 2. After 3 months problem in prostate size was increased laser operation done. 3. After 8 months dad slipped at home and hip gets cracked and the hip gets replaced artificial and after 3 year still hip pain a lot he walk properly but sometime hip gets stuck and we had gone to bone specialists they see x-ray of the hip and they said that we have to do re operation. What to do?
My sisters husband (jiju) got buccal mucosal cancer. I don't know what stage is bt doctors are using chemotherapy means its 3rd stage. Doctors are not performing surgery becoz the cell are spread nearby blood vessels of brain they waiting for too come down level of tumor cells. I don't know what to do bt his left chick is totally swallowed. I am so depressed I want to boost his confidence I want to do whatever it takes. I am so tensed bt I know tht boosting thr confidence it cn be curable .please tell me doctors what can I do in this stage.
A small lump in rt. Breast of my sister (fibroderma) light pain on it. After biopsy doctor says invasive ductal carcinoma pl. Tell me what is the treatment procedure &how much money require.
Hii I am 48 years old suffering with genital cancer 3rd stage all tomy. Done surgically. After more therapy. Again attract of metastasis in body start what can I do.
What is ECMO?
Like dialysis for unfunctional kidney, Ecmo for unfunctional lung.
Ecmo stands for extracorporeal membrane oxygenation. It is a method of giving oxygen for the body when icu pateint lungs and/or heart are not able to supply oxygen on their own.
Why ICU pateint put on ECMO?
Doctors place ICU patients on ECMO when patients are not able to supply oxygen to the body.
ICU patients’ lungs fail for a number of reasons including pneumonia, lung cancer, pulmonary edema, pulmonary embolism and COPD.
When a patient’s lungs fail, he/she first is intubated (breathing tube) and hooked up to a ventilator (breathing machine).
However, sometimes lungs are so damaged that providing oxygen through intubation is not enough.
This is when doctors turn to v-v ecmo.
A heart can fail for many reasons including heart attack, pulmonary embolism, bad valve disease, or worsening heart failure. When a heart fails, doctors try to fix the underlying problem. They may also start medications (called ionotropes) to help improve the pump function of the heart. If medications are not enough, doctors will turn to v-a ecmo.
How long can someone stay on ecmo?
That is a complicated question. Due to the risks of ecmo discussed above, doctors try to keep patients on ecmo for as short a time as possible. Often patient will be on ecmo for several days up to 1-2 weeks. Every day, several blood and imaging tests are done to determine if a patient is ready to come off ecmo. As the technology of ecmo improves, hopefully side effects will decrease and patients can remain on ecmo for longer periods of time.
What is the difference between ecmo and a ventilator (breathing machine)?
Both ecmo and a ventilator aim to provide oxygen to the body when the patient’s own lungs and breathing are failing. The ventilator assists the patient’s own lungs by pushing oxygen with pressure into the lungs. Ecmo instead provides oxygen directly via a catheter placed in a patient’s vein or artery. We almost always try oxygenating a patient with a ventilator first. However, when a patient’s lungs are too sick for this, we turn to ecmo to assist in providing oxygen to the body. V-v ecmo provides oxygen through a vein. This blood then has to travel to the heart and be pumped around the rest of the body through arteries. Therefore, with v-v ecmo or with a ventilator, a patient must have a well-functioning heart to get the oxygen pumped throughout the body. V-a ecmo has the additional advantage of pumping blood directly to arteries. This “by-passes” the heart and is therefore the method of ecmo we use when a patient’s heart is failing.
Prostate Cancer is a form of cancer that affects men. The prostate is basically a small gland that sits in the male pelvic cavity and is responsible for producing seminal fluid or semen, from its position under the bladder, surrounding the urethra. The testosterone hormone controls this gland.
Prostate cancer refers to the growth of a malignant mass of cells which can also be called a tumour. More about this cancer:
- Risk Factors: The various risk factors involved in this kind of cancer are many. Advanced age, a family history of the same disease, obesity as well as genetic changes can lead to the development of this kind of tumour.
- Types: There are basically two types of prostate cancer, including fast growing or aggressive, and slow growing or non-aggressive. Yet, it is also important to remember that not every abnormal growth in this gland can be termed as a tumour, or is a sign of prostate cancer. A malignant growth signifies prostate cancer. This tumour can grow at a fast pace for aggressive prostate cancer, while it can grow and spread slowly for the non-aggressive type.
- Symptoms: It is possible to not have any kind of obvious symptoms when suffering from this kind of cancer. The symptoms usually begin to show up when the cancer has reached a more advanced stage. These include urinary problems, most significantly. The patient may go through pain and difficulty when it comes to urinating. This pain may also occur during ejaculation. The patient may also find blood discharge in the semen upon ejaculation and suffer from sexual dysfunction as well. Pain in the chest, pelvic area and back are also common symptoms of prostate cancer, which may gradually turn into numbness in the said areas as well.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of the issue will be done by a specialist from the urology department. After a physical examination where a diagnosis of the symptoms and other check ups will happen, the doctor may conduct lab tests to check the blood, urine and other samples. Further, imaging tests like MRI and CT scans will also be conducted. A digital rectal exam and prostate biopsy will also help in effective diagnosis.
- Treatment: The treatment of this kind of cancer usually depends on the severity of the symptoms and the spread of the tumour. Besides active observation, the doctor may also recommend radiation, chemotherapy and surgery based on the age and health condition of the patient. If you happen to find even subtle symptoms which could point towards this disease, do not hesitate to get in touch with the doctor.
Related Tip: "Foods That May Cause Cancer"