Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sujata Sawant
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Sujata SawantYour feedback matters!
We had sex last Sat. The next day n the day after I got the test done at home. It showed negative. Bt I haven't got my periods yet. Im really worried. Can someone please help n tell me if im pregnant or not. I need to confirm it. It's very serious. Need to know the exact reason. Why the periods are delayed. Please reply. Please.
After doing a skin lightening treatment with a dermatologist, can we yet exfoliate and wash our skin normally or we have to follow a strict post care treatment?
I am suffering from fever every month commonly. As it is a habitual decease. I consulted many doctors and followed their prescription but no use. So how can I get free from this? And another doubt is that is it common or to be taken seriously. So please kindly give any better prescription.
5 Tips for a Smoother Transition to Menopause
Menopause is such a major stage in woman's life. But unlike puberty, its effect is more on the depressing side than fulfilling. Women who are going through the menopausal stage tend to experience changes in their body that they are not prepared for yet. Menopause signifies the end of a woman's fertility period and that may change a lot of things about her. Her ways, personality, lifestyle, and even marriage may be affected by this condition.
There are many ways to deal with menopause if only to smoothen its effect among females. Here are some tips to guide you through it:
1. Lead a healthier lifestyle
Menopause won't affect your body so much if you are accustomed living healthy. Stop smoking for that would dry up your skin and affect many of your internal organs. Stay clear of alcohol as your body will have lower tolerance of it as you get older. The permissible alcohol limit for women is 40ml per week. This time usually also corresponds to the time when children are leaving home for higher education, hence you can pay more attention to yourself and get into a regular lifestyle.
2. Watch your diet
What you eat is who you are. Be sure that you eat lots of vitamin-rich foods that would put your body well in shape. During the menopausal stage, your body will require a diet that is high in fiber and calcium. Make sure to pile up your plate with naturally coloured foods to get all the nutrients.
The best and the fastest way to keep your body in shape is still through regular exercise. The peri-menopausal stage will make your body feel tired more than usual. Counter that by living a more active lifestyle. Work out more often. Muscle aches and fatigue tend to go away with the daily flexing of bones and muscles. Have enough exposure of sunlight i.e. around 30 min per day between 10am-3pm, to get vitamin D into your bones.
4. Take hormonal pills
There are many pills available at drug stores and pharmacies that contain the women's hormones progesterone and estrogen or derivatives of it. These pills are going to help greatly in countering the changes that your body is expected to go through. However, these medications can only be obtained with proper prescription so talk to your health provider about it.
5. Have a positive outlook of life after menopause:
Consider it as a life free of period and pregnancy worries instead of a time of lost youth. Yoga and meditation can be extremely beneficial to reduce hot flushes and to overcome dryness and weakness of the genital muscles.
Hello. Am preeti. I am suffering from acne and pimples problem. My skin is so oily. I have a lot of blackheads problem. Please help to remove marks of pimples. They are liking a black spot on my face. Please advice me. Thanks.
I am losing hair quickly I have tried all type of shampoos but not get effect positive Please sir talk about this.
I am having pcos and I am taking Normoz from last 8 months. But from last 6 months my periods are regular but in July although my periods came on time but the bleeding is very less. Please help me.
Gone are the days when mostly septuagenarians complained of joint and knee pain. The problem today has become common among all age groups. Knee or joint pain at any stage of life is painful, however, the health problem striking early on is scary as one just dreads of living with it in the so many years to come.
Ayurveda is a very old system of medicine, which originated in India. Using herbs found in nature to cure various illnesses, knee pain and joint pain can also be permanently cured with this method indigenous to India. Arthritis and Joint pain are among the most prevalent problems faced by adults, mostly old people. As per Ayurveda, 'vata dosha' Is responsible for joint and knee pain.
Here are some common Ayurvedic remedies, which help reduce knee pain:
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is medically known as Withania Somnifera. In the West, Ashwagandha is popularly known as Winter Cherry. Also, it has a lot of therapeutic properties, which include reducing joint pains.
- Banyan: The Banyan tree's medical name is Ficus Benghalensis. It has a sap very similar to the form of rubber known as latex is derived from the Banyan tree. The Banyan tree's sap is externally applied over the joints and the pain usually disappears after a few regular applications.
- Garlic: The medical name for garlic is allium sativum. Five to six cloves eaten everyday has proved to reduce knee pains.
- Ginger: Ginger is biologically called Zingiber Officinale. These can be easily included in your diet and go a long way in curbing knee pain.
The following are some Ayurvedic home remedies that can be utilized to treat joint pain:
- Hot & Cold Compress: Cold and hot compresses can be utilized to ease your joint pain effectively. Heat compression decreases the pain, increases the blood circulation and relaxes the swollen joints and muscles. On the other hand, cold therapy lessens the inflammation of the affected joint. Place hot and cold towel alternatively on the affected area to achieve immediate relief from persistent pain.
- Turmeric: Add a pinch of turmeric and a teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink this solution on a regular basis for a week. Turmeric contains anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which makes it an excellent remedy for treating joint pains.
- Healthy diet: A balanced diet that comprises a lot of green leafy vegetables and fresh seasonal fruits is good for your joints. The uncontrolled intake of fatty food, dairy products, and high sodium diet must be avoided in order to avoid arthritis and joint pain. Prevention is better than cure and in order to follow that it is always beneficial to get your complete body check up done from time to time.