Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sujata DalviYour feedback matters!
I have sex before two days with my wife. From tomorrow she is feeling pee so many times. But it is not coming properly. Only little bit pee is coming and it's paining. She is feeling itching in vagina also.
I have been experiencing sticky opaque cervical mucus since yesterday. I have a 35 day cycle and I gt my periods on d 16th of may. Hw do I knw wen il ovulate. Im realy anxious to conceive.
I had a miscarriage this evening. I got extreme bleeding and painful cramps. Then after an hour or two I passes a tissue like something after passing it the cramps and bleeding declined after 30 minutes. Is it a complete or incomplete miscarriage? If it is incomplete than what to do now? Please help.
Painful or difficult intercourse is either caused by psychological or medical factors, such as dyspareunia. It is commonly known as painful intercourse due to various reasons and persistant pain in the pelvis region is a sign of it.
What an cause dyspareunia?
The causes of dyspareunia can vary, depending on when the pain occurs; during deep thrusting or penetration. Sometimes, emotional factors contribute to the cause as well.
1. Entry pain
Pain during penetration may be caused by the following factors:
- Insufficient lubrication: Inadequate foreplay can result in insufficient lubrication. Breast-feeding, menopause or childbirth can also cause inadequate lubrication.
- Irritation, trauma or injury: This includes irritation or injury from pelvic surgery, an accident, female circumcision or episiotomy (incision made at the time of childbirth to expand the birth canal).
- Skin disorder, infection or inflammation: Infections in the urinary tract or genital organs can result in painful intercourse. Skin problems such as eczema can also add to dyspareunia.
- Vaginismus: Uncontrollable vaginal wall muscle spasms can make penetration extremely painful.
- Congenital abnormality: Problems during birth, such as lack of a fully-developed vagina or underdevelopment of the hymen are some underlying causes.
2. Deep pain
Deep thrusting can be attributed to the following causes:
- Certain conditions and illnesses: These include ovarian cysts, haemorrhoids, irritable bowel syndrome, cystitis, uterine fibroids (benign growths in the uterus), retroverted uterus (uterus that is tilted), uterine prolapse (a condition characterized by the uterus sagging from its usual position), pelvic inflammatory disease and endometriosis (uterus lining tissues growing outside one’s uterus).
- Medical treatment or surgeries: Medical treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation or surgeries like hysterectomy (a surgical technique to remove either a part or whole of the womb) can result in dyspareunia.
3. Emotional factors
- Psychological problems: Depression, anxiety, body image issues, relationship problems or intimacy fears can affect arousal and result in pain.
- Stress: Pelvic floor muscles are affected by stress. This contributes to pain during sex.
- Past sexual abuse: Dyspareunia commonly develops in women who have been abused in the past.
The symptoms of painful intercourse include:
1. Pain only during entry (Sexual penetration)
2. Any penetrative activity is painful; even inserting a tampon becomes painful
3. Sudden sensation of pain, especially if sex before was painless
4. Deep pain while thrusting
5. Aching or burning pain
6. Throbbing pain, persisting hours after sex
We got married 5 months ago, and had engaged regularly, even my wife doesn't get conceived. We both have consult a doctor, they did scan and report showing, as she has a Bilateral PCOD. Please advise what should we do now.
Am 25 years old. My wedding was on Aug 2014. My periods are irregular. We stayed together only for 4 Months continuously (December 2015 to April 2016. On May 2016 I consult a gync n ultrasound scanning report shows that I have pcod. Dr. prescribed novelon tablets. I completed one cycle. Menses occurred June 30th . But due to headache n vomiting I consulted another Dr. She prescribed APCOD Sachets, ovabless, clomiphene citrate 5 days, duphaston after 15 days. My husband had a short vacation of 25 days. But no luck this time. Menses occurred August 1st. Hus vacation too over. And he is now in Saudi Arabia. On 5th day of menses I consult Dr. She again prescribed apcod sachets, ovabless, clomiphene citrate for 5 days on 5th day onwards , orovit active too. I will be there in Saudi Arabia after 3 months with my hus. Dr. told me to take these medicines for 2 to 3 months. And to consult before going to Saudi Arabia. Is this good to continue these tablets, any side effects. Is this correct way of treatment for pcod. Suggest diet for pcod. My weight is 51 kg. Height is 5 ft 2 inch.
While the social stigma pertaining to women's sexuality is gradually reducing, questions addressing the sexual concerns and problems of women are also more widely and openly discussed now. The debate of whether to completely forgo sexual activity during menstruation is one that continues to have divided opinions even now.
The idea of intercourse during 'the time of the month is one that seldom receives an approving nod. Inhibitions relating to the 'mess' and the notion that menstrual blood, sanitary pads, and tampons can lower your arousal rates may underplay the many benefits of engaging in sexual activity during this time:
1. Helps ease cramps
The release of oxytocin and dopamine along with other endorphins alleviates the cramps and body-ache that one might encounter during periods. Sex promotes better blood flow and relieves stress and can help battle mood swings during periods.
2. Shortens the length of periods
Many women who engage in sex during menstruation often claim that their periods last for a comparatively shorter span of time if engage in sex. This is because every time you have an orgasm, the uterus contracts. The muscle spasms of orgasm allow expulsion of blood and uterine lining faster than it is usually subjected to.
3. No need for lubes
Your flow acts as better lubricant during sex and this also enhances pleasure. This might act as a natural way to deal with dryness during sex and one may avoid store-bought lubricants during the time of the month.
4. Chances are that you might actually like it!
Changes in hormonal balances during the first few days of periods can make women more desirous of sexual activity and the partners may enjoy a greater level of pleasure. Sex during periods also ushers in a feeling of deeper intimacy between the partners. An intensified sense of libido that one may feel during this time is extremely beneficial to sexual activity. The pleasure is therefore greater and you might actually like it more than sex on normal days!
How to minimize the mess?
If your primary concern is the 'mess' that you're afraid to create, a menstrual cap or female condom may be the solution to your problem. They help reduce the blood flow during sexual intercourse. In fact, even a regular condom can make it less messy, at least for you partner. Sex in the shower also elevates cleanliness while retaining (often increasing) the excitement in your sexual act.
DIETARY AND LIFESTYLE IN UPCOMING SHARAD RTU
Sharad rtu starts from September end till October.The upcoming season is sharad famous for sharad purnima according to bhartiya tradition.If you follow the dietary and lifestyle regimen as mentioned in ayurveda you can avoid many diseases and postpone many genetic disorders like diabetes mellitus,hypothyroidism,hypertension etc.
· Eat sweet,bitter,astringent,cold foods when there is good appetite.
· Take medicated bitter ghee.
· Utilize rice,barley,wheat,green gram,jaggery,grapes,gooseberry,honey .Eat food that are easily digestible.
· Cow’s milk,ghee,kheer,raisins and black grapes are especially recommended foods in this season.
· Eat in moderation as digestive fire is weak in this season.
· Clothes should be loose and light coloured.
· Avoid taking sun bath.
· Avoid sleep during daytime.
· The rays of the moon are beneficial to the health in this season only in the evenings.They are exceedingly cool in the night and hence may be harmful in the night.
· Avoid pungent,sour,salty foods,curd,oils and alcohol.
· Avoid kshara based food and overeating.
· Avoid fried,spicy,sour,asafetida,red chillies,sesame seed oil,mustard oil,millet,corn,ginger garlic,onion,tamarind,mint leaves,cucumber,fenugreek seeds,ladies finger,brinjals,urad dal,groundnut.
Common Diseases In Sarad Rtu
· Burning sensation in body
· Excessive sweating
· Skin diseases
· Liver Diseases
I am 29 year old women and suffering pain in right side boob since last one month. I have verified by three doctors but no solution after getting pills it temporary relief but after some time it started again. Give me permanent solution.
There is brown vaginal discharge from 5-6 days and my menstrual period was 14aug-19aug. I want to know that there is a normal discharge or any disease symptom.
My wife was 3 month pregnant and due to baby not develop has to do abortion. Doctor said may be due to virus. My wife blood O- and my AB+.she has given Anti D injection after Abortion. Now what care we should take in future pregnancy and when can we plan next.
My sister had a operation of spleen her spleen got removed what precautions should be taken now after operation?
Mera ek dost hai usko 2 saal se diabetes hai, age 37 year hai wo jab bhi bina condom ke apni patni ke saat sex karta hai to use infection ho jata hai ,is baar use penis me infection ho gaya hai or skin me crack or red ho gaya hai or urine discharge karne me taklif hoti hai please mujhe ye bataye ki use kis ke paas ilaj karana chahiye ,wo abhi Mangalore me rahta hai.
Hi doctor. Meri shaadi abhi feb 2016 mein hui hai. Mein aur meri wife baby ke liye ready hai. Hamara intercourse bhi sahi tarah se hota hai. Aur humne har types se sex karke dekh liya. Last mein jab sex over hota hai to sara sperm vagina se bahar a jata hai. Aur meri pregnant bhi nahi hoti. Iske piche kya karan ho sakta hai. please answer hindi mein dijiyega.
Hi my fiancee she is 20 years old, she misses her menstrual cycle everytime sometime 5 days sometime it goes for even month. She has a thyroid as well. What shall we do. We consulted to gynecologist and he said its a symptoms of pcod the Dr. Said she has to continue the tablets for menstruation cycle due to which she can come on proper time to time and for pcod he said that she has to continue the tablets for lifetime. We are really worried please suggest what can be the best possible. Is it safe to have tablets for menstrual cycle because when she stop taking tablets again she miss the cycle.
I am 10 th week pregnant. Can I take supplements of amway if yes then wht kind of tablets can I take.
I and my girlfriend had sex on 14th but I have withdrawal my penis at the time of ejaculation and she did not get menstrual till now is this the accurate symptom of pregnancy? And she is saying that she had sensation that periods are coming but it does not came what to do? Is she is pregnant? If she is pregnant how to stop pregnancy? Urine pregnancy test has been done but result is negative. What to do to get periods?
Hymenoplasty is also known as hymen surgery. It is a surgical procedure where the hymen within the vagina is restored. The Hymen is a membrane covering the vaginal opening, which can be torn when a woman engages in coitus for the first time or it could be damaged due to other factors such as heavy lifting, exercise, cycling, swimming among many other activities. Hymenoplasty involves putting back the hymen’s torn edges to make it look like the hymen is intact.
Why do women want hymen reconstruction?
A woman would want a hymen reconstruction surgery for a number of reasons. They are:
- Religious reasons: In certain cultures, a woman’s hymen is inspected to make sure she has not engaged in coitus in the past. Virginity is valued highly is such places and if the woman is not a virgin, she may have to face social or even legal ramifications.
- In case of rape or sexual assault victims: In some cases, a rape victim may undergo this surgery to empower herself and feel mentally peaceful.
- Hymen related injuries: Certain factors like heavy exercise or sexual intercourse can cause rupture of the hymen which may cause bleeding, infections or other complications. A woman may want to rectify this with the help of this surgery.
The entire surgical process lasts for about 45-60 minutes. The surgery is carried out in an outpatient setting under general anesthesia. The torn skin membranes are rejoined using dissolvable stitches so that scaring is minimal.
This procedure can be carried out in three ways
1. Joining the torn edges with stitches.
2. An artificial membrane is placed in the area whose function is to behave as an artificial hymen. This hymen however, does not have any blood supply, so a capsule that contains blood can be placed with it.
3. A flap is taken from the vaginal lining, which is used to create a functional hymen with proper blood supply.
4. You can return to your work in about 2-3 days after the surgery. However, the entire healing process takes around two months.
The procedure caries some risks that you should be aware of, they are -
1. Bleeding: Some bleeding is normal after the procedure, but any prolonged case of bleeding may indicate a complication.
2. Infection: Like all surgeries, you may have infections in the concerned area. The doctor may prescribe antibiotics to deal with these infections.
3. Narrowing of the vaginal opening: In some cases, the vaginal opening can become narrow after the procedure. This however, can be resolved without the need for any treatment as it may become wider on its own over time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.