Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
I am having problems with my eyes it is remaining red for the last three days. What should I do to get a cure?
Treatment for dry eyes. Irritation in the eyes as if something is lodged in the eyes. Have been operated for cataract in both the eyes about 15 years ago.
My eye get redness while I will work in hot weather and this lead to headache. What is the problem with eye .I have to take rest for some time after that I continue the job.
I have eye problem I have taken medicine for that also but there is no use of that so plzz tell me wat should I do.
Dear Sir/Madam, I'm suffering with eye sight for both eyes respectively -2.7&-4 and I want to be a clear vision actually I heard about some operations which will totally remove my sight, so please guide me.
My younger Son of 5 Years old have undergone squint surgery on right eye recently in Feb 2016. The squint was appeared in right eye (only) in Jan 2016 end week & that too instantly. Earlier to that, all was fine. To recover from the situation, our doctor suggested us to have squint muscle surgery which is common treatment. Now after six month of surgery, the squint has appeared again on same eye. It is not constant squint on same eye & now sometimes both eyes looks fine, sometimes only right eye shows squint or sometimes his left eye shows squint. Our doctor says this is normal case & we will try to make it clear by using glasses & patching daily. I am bit confused & don't know whether we are taking correct treatment or not? We are using glasses since yesterday as per Doctors advice & don't have complete result now. Just wanted to have your expert opinion on below 1. Can squint reappear after surgery also? 2. Why the squint is not constant, sometime angle is more inward & sometimes in clean. 3. What tests I should do for my son to recover from this situation & do you feel that, we are taking correct treatment. 4. Do we need to visit Neurologist also? 5. Will my son can make confirmed outcome from this squint issue? 6. Is this is common or rare case? Kindly support.
I am 20 years old. I have a power of -2.25 in both eyes. Can I go for LASIK treatment now? Is there any difference in the recovery time if I had the treatment in summers rather then in winters?
I am 22 years old. And I am suffer for my health. Last for 2 month I am suffering from gastric problem but I eat every day many time. Now from 2 mouth I became thin and thinner. I can not feel my health well or health progress. What can I do now. Please contact me.
I hv myopia doctor hv prescribed me spectacles since I was 13 year old. I hv read on internet wearing spectacles does not improve vision but the eyesight becomes worst. Is eye exercises can improve eye sight if so how long they take. Please tell me I don't want to wear spectacles I want my eyes to improve naturally.
Glaucoma: An Overview
This disease can be developed or inherited; it usually refers to the accumulation of fluid inside a person's eyes leading to excessive pressure on his or her optic nerve.
How to Diagnose the Symptoms of Glaucoma:
- A Fundamental Eye Examination: An experienced eye doctor will check the dilated pupils of your eyes so as to take a closer look at the optic nerve that further discerns the stage of glaucoma a patient is in. Doctors tend to keep track on the sequential progression of glaucoma and its specific mode of treatment through pictures of the optic nerve taken during an examination.
- Tonometry may also be performed: Signs of Glaucoma may be spotted through the procedure called tonometry where the doctor will test a person's eye pressure and so on so forth. A visual field test might also be conducted to check if the patient can see things at the periphery of his line of vision.
Symptoms that will help a doctor identify this condition in people:
- A loss of peripheral vision is experienced in the early stages of glaucoma.
- A person may see halos when in the presence of bright lights.
- Your eyes could turn red.
- Hazy or blurry vision is a problem faced by young children affected with glaucoma.
- Glaucoma could be accompanied by headaches and eye pain.
- An affected person might repeatedly feel nauseous.
Ways to Treat Glaucoma:
- Microsurgery can effectively treat Glaucoma: Microsurgery can be performed in various ways. There is one way in which a channel is made to pump out the fluid creating extra pressure on the optic nerve. This method is referred to as trabeculectomy.
- Eye Drops: Eye drops can relieve you from painful glaucoma. They are known to control the formation of excess fluid in a person's eye. In some cases, they can induce the accumulating fluid to flow out of the patient's eyes.
- Laser Treatment: Laser surgeries can be undertaken to get rid of glaucoma. Laser can help in moving out fluid from the eyes of the affected person. It successfully hinders fluid blockage as well. There are different kinds of laser treatments available to cure glaucoma.