Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SujalYour feedback matters!
Hello, I have a 3 years baby boy, today he felt Itching around the anus. I saw a worm. How to get rid of worms in the baby?
My baby is 20 days old. She was 2.6 kg when born now reduced to 2.3 kg. So I am very much worried. How much time will take for baby to become 3 kg.
My son 2 half years old, he is not taking solid food, always he want milk 1y, 3hours gap he want milk(we mixed with health drinks). His weight is 10 kg & height also 94cm 1y. Its correct one or not? What method i have to follow for he will taken solid food. Which type of food have to follow. Please suggest.
Behavior of a child should always be closely monitored during his/her early development. Sometimes signs of several personality disorders tend to show up early in life. Proper monitoring of the child's behavior helps to identify the signs and properly diagnose the condition if the child is suffering from any potential personality disorder.
Here are a few facts you should keep in mind:
- You might often find it difficult to differentiate between the normal and abnormal behavior of your child. You might consult the pediatrician in this case to compare the child's general behavioral patterns with that of other children in the same age group.
- It is very important to understand your child's development process. It helps you to interpret his/her behavior and to identify signs of personality disorder.
- There are a few common behavior patterns, which tend to act as a guide to understanding the behavior of your child. Some of these patterns should be encouraged as they lead to proper behavioral development of your child while patterns of negative behavior should be discouraged.
- You should also consult a doctor if your child shows negative behavior persistently even after disciplining measures.
- Being polite, doing chores on a regular basis, following instructions should be encouraged and rewarded as it helps in the proper personality development of your child.
- Behavioral patterns like an inclination towards defensive, regressive and aggressive behavior should not be encouraged but can be tolerated in certain situations like illness or in times of stress.
- Behavioral patterns like an increased inclination to violence or an excessive competitive attitude towards their siblings should never be allowed.
- Prejudice or racism, stealing or inclination towards substance abuse, angry outbursts point towards problems in the child's mental, physical or social well-being. You are also advised to take your child to a psychological expert to find out whether he/she is suffering from any sort of behavioral disorder.
- Your behavior also plays a major role in development of your child and his/her behavioral patterns. It is often seen that if a child is subjected to excessive physical, mental or emotional abuse or is engaged in too many curricular and extracurricular activities, he/she is likely to develop several behavioral disorders over time.
My son is 10.5 months old. He started solids from 6 months of age. From 7 months age he had blood in stool. Stool test showed pus cells and no occult blood. He used to get constipated. Then we gave him antibiotics. Again when he became 8 months he had blood in stool. Then again stool test was done and pus cells there and no occult blood. We gave him bacteria as prescribed by the paediatrician and did stool test again in few days. This time pus cells and occult blood was present. After 2 weeks of giving bacteria and junior lanzol tab and Neopeptine drops, stool test showed no issues. Now today again I saw some traces of blood and he has been pooping pellet shaped stools. For around 3 weeks I have been giving him more fruits and once oats or rava. Some days 2 times oats or rava. Could someone help me figure out why he is getting constipated so frequently. He is given water and pees frequently.
I have blessed with a baby boy on 16 jan 2016 now he was 28 weeks old when he was born and his weight is 1 kg 300 gm and now he has weight of 1 kg 400gm I want to know that when he will discharge from hospital is he safe in hospital or he will be safe at home as we can take special care off him 24×7 we should wait or bring him home doctors are saying that he is absolutely fine. Then why doctors are not giving him holiday.
My cousion is suffering from loose motion for one week and he is only 8months old. Some says loose motion is due to coming of teeth can I get better explanation.
Meri bachi 2 and half years he usko fever tha to or kuch khari nahi to uske liye khane k kuch tips batao.Please tell.
I am very concerned with two problems regarding my baby. 1.delayed speech, 2 comparatively less weight. 1.delayed speech: my baby is 22+ months old. She still tells few words such as" ta ta, ga ga" na na" ma ma" ba ba" sometimes alone. When I tell her to tell something, she does not say anything. She looks at me and laugh sometimes. She listens to my song and rhymes and laughs. She points out every thing by hinting. She does not want to say anything, though her learning of walking is also delayed. She leant to walk in 18 to 20 months. 2.Less weight: Her present weight is10+ kg. But weight should be more than it. I desperately need any harmless and effective medicated health drink or milk for her. please tell the solutions for those problems. I am very worried. Thanking u.
Conjunctivitis is a medical condition that is marked by redness in the eyes owing to the inflammation of the conjunctiva, which is the membrane covering the white part of the eye. The condition is further characterized by the discharge of yellowish pus fluid from the corner of the eye. This condition, which is essentially an infection, can occur to people of all age brackets.
Causes and Symptoms:
Conjunctivitis can be caused due to several reasons namely allergies, irritants, bacterial and viral infections, among others. Apart from the redness in the eye, some other apparent symptoms of conjunctivitis are:
- Thin and watery discharge in viral conjunctivitis
- Thick, mucous like discharge ranging from yellow to green in case of bacterial conjunctivitis
- Sticky eyelids
- Increased reactivity to light
- Blurred or foggy vision
- Nasal discharges
It is difficult to distinguish between viral, allergic and bacterial conjunctivitis. Different fields of medicine prescribe treatments according to the cause of the condition. Although subtle differences, such as thick and thin discharges can be observed, in Homeopathy the cause is not that important.
Homeopathic medicines are natural and highly effective. The medications, which are prescribed in Homeopathy can more than manage the discharges, swelling, the sandy sensation and redness in the eyes. Homeopathic medicines are effective when the condition causes the eye to get dry, red, congested and swollen. Bathing the eyes with sterilized salt water is also a popular method of treating the infection. In addition to these, Homeopathic doctors also provide tips to curb the likelihood of further complications. Removing your contact lenses while treatment and cleaning your spectacles on a regular basis, if you wear any, are duly recommended.