Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Suja M Sreevasthsow
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Suja M SreevasthsowYour feedback matters!
Doctor suggested me to take echo test for my son who is 20 days old as the doctor heard some ultrasound in my son's heart. After echo test he reported that there is no problem but a small shrink in the minor valve of heart. But it will cause no more bad effects. Pls explain wats tat?
Hi I have a 9 month old baby. How many times in a month do I need to give calcirol sachets? And how many times in a year?
My baby is two and half years old. I am using ceruklin in his ear to remove the waste. But not succeeded. It is increasing. He removes my hand when I try with johnson bud during sleeping. please suggest what should I try to solve this issue.
Hi, My baby is 6 months old and he has had diarrhea problem when he was 4 months old I was feeding him nanpro stage 1. After consulting a local doctor he asked us to take motion test and then told My son was having lactose intolerance. So he advice me to stop feeding number and suggested Nusobee Soya. I started to go to work and it has been 2 months and I feed him only in the nights now my baby is straining while pooing and also he cries a lot, he poops once in 5 days only. Can you help.
My son of 8 months is going to have teeth. We need precautions and advice from your side to make him well.
My baby boy is 40 days old he is going to have vaccination. Please confirm loose motion and pneumonia vaccination is important.
From terrorism to natural disasters, there are a number of traumatic events that constantly hurl themselves at us. Given the amount of stress it causes an adult, imagine how a child can process this information. Often traumatic events that occur in childhood can trigger phobias and anxiety disorders that last a lifetime if not dealt correctly.
Each child responds to trauma in a different way depending on the circumstances and their age and personality. What is common is that all children turn towards their parents and teachers for support in these situations. Hence, it is important to understand how to help your child deal with traumatic events.
Here are a few steps you should follow:
- Provide comfort: The first thing to do in a traumatic event is to reassure and comfort the child. Reinforce your child's sense of security by following a normal schedule and maintaining regular eating and sleeping habits. Encourage your child to talk and ask questions and discuss the situation with them in a way appropriate to your child's age and concerns.
- Accept their needs: Children show the need for reassurance in different ways. For some, it may be the need for extra physical contact in the form of hugs while for others it may be ensuring that their favourite teddy bear is with them constantly. Be patient with children and indulge their needs in such situations.
- Limit the amount of information available: Media often magnifies a traumatic event making it all the more difficult for a child to apprehend. Children can often be mislead or frustrated by media coverage of a traumatic event. Thus, it is a good idea to limit the use of television, radios and internet. As far as possible do not let your child watch the news alone.
- Stay in touch: If your child goes to school, his or her teacher is the parent figure at school. Stay connected with your child's teachers and the other adults in their life to monitor changes in behavioral patterns.
- Create distractions: If left alone with nothing to do, a child's mind will dwell on the trauma. Encourage them to find a hobby to cope with the negative emotions. Music and art are two good outlets for stress. You could also play board games, read or play outdoors to distract them.
- Get professional help: Sometimes you may need help to deal with a traumatic event in your child's life. If your child shows signs of behavioral changes, academic problems, emotional outbursts, anxiety, depression, insomnia or social withdrawal; you should consult a professional counselor.
We are in singapore here where we are staying there is lots of ants and small insects. My 9 month old baby is having small red patches on his body. I don't understand whether it is chickenpox or because of any insects.
Children are constantly complaining of running noses and flus. This is part of their process of strengthening immunity and hence every child must go through this phase. Prescribing antibiotics every time a child sneezes worsens the situation by weakening their immunity. Hence, when it comes to children, homeopathy is an excellent form of treatment. Homeopathy can be prescribed to children of all ages.
Homeopathy addresses the physical, mental and emotional characteristics of a child and addresses the root of the problem. Though it has negligible side effects, apart from a few homeopathic medicines, it is always a good idea to consult a homeopathic practitioner before administering medicine to a child. Some homeopathic medicines that are commonly prescribed for children’s problems are:
Aconite- This is used to treat the sudden onset of any illness or any illness in its early stages. Aconite is most often prescribed to treat flu and common colds. It can also be used to calm a child in case of sudden shock or fright.
Arnica- Children are constantly falling and bruising themselves and arnica is the best first aid. Arnica can be ingested in pill form or applied topically in cream or gel form. It is useful for bruises, sore muscles, burns and black eyes but should never be applied topically over broken skin.
Calcarea Carbonate- This is used to treat ear infections and colds that are a result of exposure to cold weather. It can also be used to treat babies who perspire excessively from their head and complain of heat and pulsating sensations in their ears.
Chamomilla- This homeopathic remedy is ideal for restlessness, caused by teething, ear troubles, colic etc. It can also be used to treat bedwetting and diarrhoea. A cup of chamomile tea before going to bed can also help a child sleep well.
Pulsatilla- This homeopathic remedy can be used to calm nervous and whiny children who alternate between extreme happiness and sadness. It is also efficient when it comes to treating ear aches that become worse at night and colds accompanied by yellow or yellow-green mucous discharge.
Sulphur- Sulphur is used to treat earaches accompanied by perspiration and redness of the ears. It can also be used to treat skin problems such as scaly skin and acne eruptions. Irritable children who complain excessively after having a warm bath or getting out of a warm bed can also be calmed with sulphur. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.