Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Suja M SreevasthsowYour feedback matters!
My brother-in-law is 5 years old boy. He is suffering from for every two weeks frequently with102 degrees with cold and cough, he does not have any lose motions, vomiting, abdominal pain, burning urination. He is going to school. What we has to do? What he has to do?
My baby is 6 months old. She is not taking full sleep at night we are giving juice or khichdi at night. Please suggest. And also pl let me know that mosquito liquids like good night or motion irritate the child?
Can I use pure coconut oil for daily use cooking to my one year old daughters food? Is it healthy for her?
My daughter is in 9 month old. Can I give non vegetarian food to her. Can you suggest healthy food items.
Fluoride products for the teeth have immense importance in dentistry. Fluoride is one such chemical, the balance of which is highly required for strong and healthy teeth. However, there is an optimum amount of fluoride needed for teeth. Anything lesser than that or greater than that can cause harm and serious teeth and gum problems and tooth decay. The best option, therefore, is to get a fluoride based toothpaste or mouthwash, which will keep on providing the teeth with the optimum quantity of its daily dose of fluoride.
The benefits of fluoride products:
Before delving into the types of fluoride products available, let's have a look at the benefits of fluoride on teeth. Fluorides actually save the teeth from dental caries. It happens such that fluoride makes a certain mineral bonding on the teeth which is called fluorapatite. This is not normally found in human teeth, but when teeth damage is done, then to heal it fast this compound is needed to repair the damages. This adds to the mineral bonding in the teeth and strengthens the teeth.
The fluoride products:
The various fluoride based products, which you may use are as follows:
- Fluoridated water: Fluoridating water is a simple process where the optimum amount of fluoride is mixed with drinking water so that drinking the water automatically keeps on adding fluoride to the body and keeps in contact with teeth. This therapy alone is enough and needs no more therapies generally. But not all water reserves contain this, and it's not possible to add fluorides to all water reserves. That is why the other fluoride treatments are needed.
- Fluoride toothpaste: This is one of the most common forms for fluoride treatments. Every common daily use toothpaste contains a 0.22 to 0.312 percent of fluoride, and this is highly beneficial to the teeth for healing of decay and fast repairs. It lets the teeth get stronger.
- Mouth Rinses: Fluoride mouth rinses are an option. The sodium fluorides commonly used in the rinses are used in small amounts in the product which is used just like toothpaste and washed off.
- Fluoride foams and gels: The foam and gel are used when the teeth of the child or adult are under high risk of cavities. The foam or gel is rubbed on the teeth, and kept for a while and then washed off. The typical application time is 30 minutes.
- Varnishes: The fluoride varnishes are just like gels, and they are also used on the tooth surface similarly. It's the choice of the dentist or patient as to which one they want to go with. Besides, these slow fluoride releasing devices, medical supplements and lozenges are also there, which slowly release the optimum amount of fluorides to keep the teeth strong and healing.
My baby is 1.5 yr old. She doesn't have any problems now. But only one problem she has that not gaining weight. At this stage she is only 9kg.
Here are a few questions which every new mother wants to know when they see a diaper rash:
1. Should the baby's diet be changed during a diaper rash?
Certain food items such as fruit juices can lead to diarrhea in babies. This can lead to a diaper rash. When new food is introduced or antibiotics are given, then that might also affect the digestion of the baby.
2. Are teething and diaper rash related?
As per dermatologists, the two have nothing in common though they might occur at the same time.
3. Which ointment should be used for a diaper rash?
Ointments that contain zinc oxide can provide relief from diaper rash. A thick layer should be applied on the skin to keep away irritants as if all of it is rubbed off then it might cause pain.
4. Can cloth diapers be an alternative?
The fact is that there is no proof that a cloth diaper might be better than the other diaper in case of a rash. In case, disposable diapers are used, then care should be taken to change them frequently as rashes can occur due to a moist environment. If the baby is allergic to a particular brand, then changing the same could prove to be helpful. Diapers induced with fragrances and dyes can cause allergic reactions. Babies who are allergic to disposable diapers, can do better with cloth ones, though they should be changed frequently. The rule is one diaper per hour, so the needful should be done.
5. What type of wipes are best for the baby in case of a sore bottom?
In case of a diaper rash a mild, fragrance free wipe should be used. Wipes which are labeled as hypoallergenic or for sensitive skin should be used. If the baby poops then he or she must be cleaned with a cloth and water and later some mineral oil should be applied to the baby's bottom.
6. What should be done if nappy rash extends to the other parts?
In case there are red spots and patches outside the nappy area, then the baby might be suffering from infection. If this happens then consult your doctor.
7. What should be done to give relief to the baby?
The best thing to do is that the baby's bottom should get some air. Leave the baby without a diaper, as this gives his skin a break from the rubbing, and germs which might be present in wet places like a diaper. Application of the cream with zinc oxide, provides relief to a baby.
8. How long does the rash last?
Maximum 3 days.