Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Suhaschandra J. Desai
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Suhaschandra J. DesaiYour feedback matters!
Hello sir/ ma'am My grandmother is of approximately 80 years nd she is suffering from herpes in one eye from 1st may 2016, as told by our nearby doctor. She was first treated in allopathic and when things didn't work out she was shifted to homeopath. In homeopath, approx 40% is cured but not totally and her eye keep on itching from inside and giving burning sensation. Can you please suggest what to do and from which branch of doctor it should be get treated like eyes specialist or skin and which place would be best to get her treatment?
I am suffering from eye defect. Power of my eye is - 3.75. What is the solution for me. Wearing specs is irritate me. So give me a solution for that. Please laser operation will help me? How much of cost for that operation. I am an engineering student at anna University. So, please me a solution.
I have body pain and also headache with little bit cold and my eyes is also like burning what should I do for this?
Sir from two years I have a eyes problem of paining eyes when I notice something for sometime it has a pain and have crying of eyes sir plzz clear my problem.
I am having issue with my eyes. My vision of eyes are not clear for long distance & for fulfilling this I am wearing spectacles. Earlier a year back my number was 8+ and now it enhanced to 9+ even if wearing continuous spectacles. This is resulting me in changing my spectacles's lens by spending more money. I heard that when a person do laser therapy for eyes then it would be remove spectacles without any harm to eyes. Is this true and if yes then will there be any chance to loosing vision once again in this and to wear spectacles for long distance? Please confirm.
Glaucoma: An Overview
This disease can be developed or inherited; it usually refers to the accumulation of fluid inside a person's eyes leading to excessive pressure on his or her optic nerve.
How to Diagnose the Symptoms of Glaucoma:
- A Fundamental Eye Examination: An experienced eye doctor will check the dilated pupils of your eyes so as to take a closer look at the optic nerve that further discerns the stage of glaucoma a patient is in. Doctors tend to keep track on the sequential progression of glaucoma and its specific mode of treatment through pictures of the optic nerve taken during an examination.
- Tonometry may also be performed: Signs of Glaucoma may be spotted through the procedure called tonometry where the doctor will test a person's eye pressure and so on so forth. A visual field test might also be conducted to check if the patient can see things at the periphery of his line of vision.
Symptoms that will help a doctor identify this condition in people:
- A loss of peripheral vision is experienced in the early stages of glaucoma.
- A person may see halos when in the presence of bright lights.
- Your eyes could turn red.
- Hazy or blurry vision is a problem faced by young children affected with glaucoma.
- Glaucoma could be accompanied by headaches and eye pain.
- An affected person might repeatedly feel nauseous.
Ways to Treat Glaucoma:
- Microsurgery can effectively treat Glaucoma: Microsurgery can be performed in various ways. There is one way in which a channel is made to pump out the fluid creating extra pressure on the optic nerve. This method is referred to as trabeculectomy.
- Eye Drops: Eye drops can relieve you from painful glaucoma. They are known to control the formation of excess fluid in a person's eye. In some cases, they can induce the accumulating fluid to flow out of the patient's eyes.
- Laser Treatment: Laser surgeries can be undertaken to get rid of glaucoma. Laser can help in moving out fluid from the eyes of the affected person. It successfully hinders fluid blockage as well. There are different kinds of laser treatments available to cure glaucoma.
I have go to delhi 1 week and then I will come to home then my eyes red from last week so what I can do please help me.
I an 24 year male and suffering from R. P eyes what can I do for long time vision, what type of diet can I take for long time vision?
I have pain in my head causing from computer working, and having some issue in me eyes some water drops are coming out from it.
What is the best way to keep fit the eyes, I think it already started bcs of staining to the desktop, what should I do?
Hello I was diagnosed with corneal scar due to conjunctivitis. I was on prednisolone drops in stage by stage process. Visited doctor he told right eye has reduced but left eye still has some scars. Hence he gave tacrolimus ointment to be applied night. I applied night and morning my eyes were like burning and irritation. Is it common or should I stop using them. Please suggest.
Hi Doctor, my is facing problem in eyes due to swelling of eyes. Its like stye but it happens very frequently. She is a diabetes patient is it due to this reason? Its been 6 months she is suffering from this is it due to diabetes? Please help me and how to cure it? Thanks a lot in Advance!
I m a college going student, my eye sight is normal, but sometimes I realize something is wrong, how to find solution, please help.
Extended wear rgp lenses can be worn continuously for 2-3 days, can correct any type of refractive error including astigmatism. In keratoconus also soft lenses are not acceptable but rgp lenses can give rewarding results. If cared for, these lenses can last for 6-7 years and there are no chances of infection. These lenses may cost rs 4000 to rs 8000/. Special lenses for keratoconus may cost more. They can be fitted only by expert ophthalmologist. Visit: web: mrj-jainerye. Com.