Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Suhaschandra J. DesaiYour feedback matters!
I am 64 years old male. Glaucoma and cataract operation was done on 1.1. 2016 for my left eye after passing 53 days, still I am having cloudy vision. How long will it take for clear vision kindly clarify Doctor.
Hi sir/ madam. I like to ask question about my eyes. My left eye vision is not clear. It always looks something in it.
My grandma she is 65 years old she have diabetes she take tablets it's not use and she have some eye problems like short sight .
When I squeeze my lower eye lid, mucous like thread is coming from the hole in the corner of eye lid from right eye. Do not have any other symptoms. I have been using moxifloxacin eye drops for last 6 days when I started using I had slight itching and redness that got cleared but this mucous like thing is still coming what should I do now pls help.
1) Is flashlight close to only one eye for long will cause visual impairment in one eye? And in future can it cause lazy eye. 2) I have done that with my" right" eye. Few days ago I used to keep my smartphone camera very close to my eye for long time more than 10 mins to check I have squint or not. Actually i'm in physiological problem. 3) Then I check my both eyes from retina surgeon. According to him my both retinas are normal there is no damage. 4) after that I closed doing such is stupid things. But now when I close my left eye and see with right eye only I see things little blurry not to much but its noticeable. When I see things at far distance with my right eye only it is more blurry than near images. Can this lead to lazy eye in future? How can I treat it?
I have a red eyes frm three days. What should I do. Please give any suggestions. I am a male and my age is 20.
I have red eyes for last 3 days. What should I do? I am suffering from this. Please give me some suggestions.
I am myopic with power of -3 in both eyes .I am 22 year old. Initially 1 year before power was -1.5 in both eyes I prefer to remove the glasses while studying (reading books) Is it fine to remove glasses while reading or my power will increase due to it.
Hi I m rohit 19/m. I suffering from myopia. Please tell me any ayurvedic medicine. My glass no. Is -3.75, -3.85.
I am undergoing some online coaching for competitive exams from 6 months. I always stay in front of laptop and mostly listen to video lectures and study soft copies. I am using ARC glasses (sight -0.5) and head phones. Up to now I did not pay attention to my health and now I am thinking of some precautions and preventive measures to protect my eyes and ears. It is not possible for me to give up coaching and it will continue for other 6 months. Please help in this regard. Thankyou.
There is a general problem were I had to rub my eyes and ears continuously. Do know why it is happening.
मुझे vision की प्रॉब्लम नहीं है परंतु जब भी मैं computer पर कोई काम कर रहा होता हूँ, कुछ देर बाद मेरे सर में दर्द होने लगता है, dizziness सा फील होने लगता है। मेरा BP 146/90 है।
Once I had been out in hot sun and later I started blinking too much which in turn is affecting my eyes and I get severe headache due to blinking. Is there a remedy to get rid of it?
I have some problems on my eyes, It is mostly reddish color, Monthly once it causes so much irritation. What is the solution for that?
27 years old female, I can't see anyone leaving or breaking any kind of relationship or not talking to me for day for any mistake. I go into tears and depression and I don't feel like living anymore. I have thoughts like I shld meet with an accident and die. I bang my head badly with my hands. I feel I try to do all possible good things (I m not perfect) but in return I get depart, broken relationship. People leaving and going. Due to all this thoughts I get a different kind of pain (like a line of current runs) inside my brain. I have noticed this when I feel I am good for nothing, couldn't do anything to make people or myself happy.
Also known as short-sightedness, myopia is an eye disorder, which disables a person from seeing things clearly from a distance. Myopia impedes one's capability to see distant objects vividly and induces a general sense of blurriness. One of the most common cure for myopic conditions is the constant exposure to concave lenses, which stabilizes the curvature of the refracting surface of the eye, thus improving one's sight. Hence spectacles or contact lenses become the constant companion to a myopic individual. Myopia is often accompanied by sustained headaches and chronic colds.
In fact, under certain circumstances, myopia gets aggravated progressively, which often jeopardizes the health of the eye immensely. In the contemporary situation, where we are persistently exposed to gadgets of all sorts, maintaining the health of our eye becomes a cumbersome task. Periodic monitoring by ophthalmologists is a recommended method.
However, Ayurveda offers some easy and home-based formulae to alleviate the symptoms of myopia:
- Yashti Madhu: A teaspoonful of Yashti Madhu mixed with ghee and honey can prove beneficial to healing myopic conditions.
- Saptamrita Lauha: This medicine comprises of constituents endowed with medicinal properties like triphala, yashtimadhu, lauha bhasma, ghee and honey. It benefits the nervous activities, thereby soothing myopic troubles. It reaps better results when consumed with milk.
- Diet: Myopia is often worsened by a deficiency of vitamins in the body. Therefore increasing the supply of vitamin rich food, enhances the immunity of the body and reduces the strain on the eye caused by myopia. Some of the food items that are replete with vitamins are carrots, green leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, nuts and berries. Fish is also a very effective source of vitamins and is proven to be helpful to the eye.
- Netra Tarpan: Eye drops have often been effective cure to myopia. Netra Tarpan is an ayurvedic eye drop imbued with healing properties which not only tranquilizes the irritation in the eye, but also improves the vision.
- Lifestyle changes: Executing certain lifestyle changes can result in significant improvement in one's eyesight. Yoga and meditation are known to usher explicit health benefits. Regular sleep is also a prerequisite for curing myopia.