Find numerous Neurosurgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Accident Injuries Treatment
Head And Neck Cancer Surgeries
Anterior Segment Surgery
Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cancer Pain Management
Column Traumatology Procedure
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Submit a review for Dr. Suhas S BaralayYour feedback matters!
I have alot of work lod. So my brain works 24x7. My would be is air hostess Nd we usually meet 3-4 days/month. Our intimacy ain't last longer. I think i'm having Premature Ejec issue. If any suggestions or medications. It would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
1. I have a pain in neck, low back ache and joints. 2. Pain, numbness in arms & limbs. 3. Burning sensation in feet and eyes. 4. Ear nerve pain. My age is 58 and I am male.PLease do help
I recently read that researchers believe certain foods might cure Alzheimer’s disease. Is this true? If so, which foods do this and how much would you have to consume to get the benefits?
Is there any permanent cure for migraine. I am a student and these attacks are so severe that I can't focus on anything.
He is 9 years old. Suffering from migraine for last three yrs. Can we give him mig at -a homeopathic medicine. And please recommend dosage.
I have migraine headache from my 14 age I am not able to bear that pain Doctors told no proper treatment for this If any suggestions please inform.
With age, most body organs begin to deteriorate in their function. This happens to the brain also, thereby reducing the overall speed of functioning of most organs. While slowing of bodily movement is visible, the internal organs functioning also slows down, which is not that obvious. Memory loss or dementia is one of the main manifestations of this degeneration of the brain.
Alzheimer’s is the most common form of dementia, and the associated symptoms includes reduced reasoning abilities and cognitive defects. Though it is seen only in the elderly, not all elderly people will have Alzheimer’s. The overall quality of life of the affected person is reduced with difficulty remembering things that were recently learned. It is a progressive disease and as it gets more severe, a full-time caretaker may be required.
Causes: The brain cells are affected by protein masses known as plaques and tangles. These hamper the way communication between the brain cells happens as well as affect nutrition from reaching all parts of the brain. This leads to shrinking of the brain, eventually leading to memory loss and other problems. There is also a strong genetic linkage, as most people with Alzheimer’s have the lipoprotein A gene.
Symptoms: Though memory loss is the most common symptom, there are other symptoms:
- Being confused about places, people, and times
- Inability to find the right words during conversations
- Regular objects are misplaced
- Becoming irritable, (in someone who was not so previously)
- Mood swings
- Personality changes
- Inability to organise thoughts
- Not able to make the right decisions
- Repetitive talks and actions
- Forgetfulness (not something the person always does)
- Difficulty with numbers (again, not something calculations
- Difficulty managing everyday tasks and minor problems
- Suspicion of others (like immediate family members and friends)
Risk factors: While age is definitely a risk factor, the fact that not all aged people develop Alzheimer’s is to be borne in mind. Other risk factors include the history of stroke, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes, smoking, obesity, and poor lifestyle choices.
Diagnosis: While there is no definitive way to diagnose Alzheimer’s, symptoms along with brain scans and neuropsychological function testing are useful ways to confirm the diagnosis.
Treatment: This is aimed at two things reducing the rate of disease progression and treat (or reverse) symptoms if possible.
Cholinesterase inhibitors improve cellular communication in the brain and also manage depression and agitation. Memantine is used to slow the pace of disease progression.
In people with the disease, small changes are useful to help them with the symptoms. These include keeping essential things like keys and wallet in the same place, keep a daily diary to help them remember things, keep pictures of friends and family within visible distance. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
My mother (age 58years) is suffering from alzheimer disease, is there is any cure for this disease. who can treat this disease.
Since 2007 once a year I get epileptic convulsion with tongue byte at early morning hours. Neorologist advised twice a day levipil 500 mg. Now for 2014 it didnot occur, normally it get during rainy season. Secondly I have hyper tension with pulse rate 90 some time for which I am taking prolomet xl 25 mg and it is in control. I am realising for last 2 years heavy weight of body upto 97. How to reduce weight. I normally eat home food full meal twice a day with light breakfast with milk and honey. I developed osteo artharitis for which taken medicine alopathy. Homeopathy as well as ayurveda. Got some relief through ayurveda tabs such as romawin, mahayograj guggul and mayoset oil with hot hot water fermentation twice a day. I still feel my bones and muscle became weak while walking and climbing and cannot walk fast or climb or step down staircase at usual way. Pl suggest proper remedies. Consulted well; know neoroligist, physicians, dean of ayurveda hospital, I don't get time to work out physeo therapy exericise during normal fitness time due to office routine work from morning 9 a. M. To evening 8 p. M. (i. E. Start from home to reach back at home)
My age is 21, Im having a problem of handshaking my hands r shaking little bit. So can I get some natural treatment or natural foods to stop this. Please help me.
I have migraine problem and I am using medicine regularly prescribed by specialist but some times am getting headache very heavily There is any remedy in Ayurveda.
Sir, my mom 41 years old, had a seizure about a year and a half ago. The seizures are like, tingling sensations in hand and foot palms and then my Mom gets unconscious without any body jerk or movement for about 10-15 minutes. Now 4 days earlier she had the same seizure and immediately admitted to a local hospital. He was discharged but frequent tingling sensations still occur with itching on the body. A neurosurgeon has prescribed LEVIPIL EPTOIN OPTINEURON FORTE PAN 40 COGNIVEL Please Advice. Thank You.
I am having severe migraine since childhood but it occur only once in a month. How can I prevent it from happening again and again?
The human brain is a unique and intricate organ, which performs many functions both consciously and subconsciously. However, during the formation of the brain within the mother's womb, the slightest of changes can cause damage to it, which manifest in many forms after birth. One of the forms it may manifest in is Autism.
What is Autism?
Autism, sometimes also classified as part of the Autism Spectrum disorder or ASD is a disorder of brain development, which will affect a child's capability to interact socially, in communicating through verbal and nonverbal means as well as exhibit repetitive behaviors. Some severe cases of these behaviors may also result in self-harm as well.
Other than this some other characteristics may be:
- Major to minor difficulties in motor coordination
- Intellectual disabilities
- Attention problems
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Sleep related problems among others
How homeopathy can help
Conventional medicine is mostly used to treat some of the symptoms but is never used to cure or provide remedies for autism. A proper professional homeopath will be able to guide you to get the best results for your child and reduce all the problems of autism, if not outright cure it. Some of the medications that could be used to treat autism are as follows:
- Carcinosin - This is very helpful in children affected by autism who are talented, but are obsessive, compulsive, stubborn and also have sleep related issues. These children may also have addictive disorders.
- Agaricus - This medication is very good for children who may be mentally and physically awkward and show symptoms like indifference, muttering, talking, shouting or singing but not answering to direct calls or questions. Agaricus is very effective for children who suffer from involuntary jerking when they are awake.
- Cuprum Metallicum - This works wonders when the child is being very obsessive, angry and is inflexible, tense and is very aggressive towards their parents. Some of these children may even exhibit malicious behaviors and are usually averse to touch or being approached.
- Androctonus - A child or a patient who tends to swing wildly from a stable good mood to a destructive mode can be calmed down or evened out by Androctonus. These children also exhibit behaviors of suspiciousness and quickness to act on their compulsion.
- Helleborus - This is a very effective medication when the child is slow and under active and seems to be depressed most of the time. Some of these children may also have muscular weakness and helleborus is very effective in treating them.
These are only a few examples of how homeopathy can provide remedies for your autistic child and thus is an effective solution. However, you may need to consult a homeopathic doctor who can tailor make doses and medications after diagnosing the specific symptoms that you child may be having.
I'm 27year old and have been diagnosed with HLA-B27 gene positive. My pain started since I was 17 in leg-hip joint region, over period it have migrated and now it's mainly on left shoulder where I can feel swelling in collar bone and shoulder cup. Recently I see swelling in Ribs joint on front side near thorax region. What should I do?
Now say - Go Migraine
Migraine headache is usually associated with one sided throbbing headache, with nausea ( the tendency to vomit), vomiting and sensitivity to light. In a migraine there is excessive stimulation (constriction and sudden dilatation) of brain and blood vessels.
Improper metabolism, suppression of natural urges, anger, jealousy, grief, poor elimination, intake of dry, pungent and salty food, intake of polluted food, mental and physical stress, viewing of tv for long periods, reading with insufficient light, sleeplessness etc.
Origin of a migraine headache
Due to the causative factors, pitta dosha obstructs the flow of Vata dosha in the brain, causing throbbing pain.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult now.
- Sneha nasya - instillation of medicated oils can be carried to the nostrils. Shadbindu tailam or anu tailam yield significant benefits in this condition.
- Apply a paste of freshly ground clay or freshly ground sandalwood to the forehead, let dry, rub off by hand and wash.
- Sugar powder 16 parts, vamshalochana 8 parts, pippali (long pepper) 4 parts, ela (cardamom) 2 parts, cinnamon - 1 part. Make fine powder and mix it, keep in tight moisture-free container. Take half teaspoon thrice daily with honey.
- Mix one-forth teaspoon of clove powder with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon oil. Apply this paste on the affected area for 20-30 minutes.
- Add chamomile powder to 1 cup of boiling water. Transfer the liquid to a cup. Drink when hot. It gives fast relief from a migraine.
- Grind 10-12 grains of black pepper and 10-12 grains of rice with water to make it a paste. Apply this paste on the affected area of the head for 15-20 minutes.
- Take half a glass of carrot juice. Add half a glass of spinach juice. Mix well. Drink this juice to cure the migraine.
- Practicing meditation is highly recommended.
- Apple, mango, papaya, cheeku, guava.
- Salad 1hr before lunch, 1hr before dinner.
- Buttermilk, boiled rice sauted with cinnamon, cumin seeds, and garlic or asafetida are good in the daytime.
- Have warm and easily digestible foods, boiled and steamed vegetables, soups, vegetable juices, porridge, brown rice and whole-wheat flour.
- Avoid yogurt especially at night.
Asperger's syndrome has been found to affect people at a tender age. The augmented impacts of this syndrome are felt as you grow up. It is a neurological disorder falling under the scope of Autistic Spectrum Disorders. However, it is a milder form of autism and has similarly unidentifiable causes. A person afflicted with Asperger's syndrome will not exhibit stark signs of the disorder. These persons are usually smart and brilliant but face issues in communicating or interacting socially.
Factors that may result in this disorder:
- Genetic factors could also afflict you with such a syndrome. Thus, it is important to carry your family history while consulting a doctor.
- Certain changes in a person's brain could create trouble.
- Your body could be susceptible to external toxins: many times bacteria and viruses from a polluted environment can lead you to such a serious neurological condition.
Ways to diagnose Asperger's syndrome:
- A doctor would concentrate on your child's speech: Language development can hint at many underlying health issues. Your child might fail to process speech around him or her which impairs its own speech.
- Exchanges in a social setup could be indicative of something: Children or adults could find social
- gatherings challenging. They feel awkward to interact with friends, relatives and colleagues. It takes a lot of effort on their part to exchange basic pleasantries. A doctor will be able to deduce from such symptoms.
- Facial expressions while conversing could help diagnosis: A person's facial expressions tell a lot about how they formulate or feel about things. Their words, at the same time, could be contrary. Counselors lay stress on frequent sittings to closely note the gestures made by a patient.
- Comprehension and coordination capabilities: Your child or loved one might find it difficult to handle motor regulated appliances. Comprehending instructions could also be a test. People suffering from Asperger's syndrome face problems in understanding simple things.
- Responding to change will also be taken into consideration: Patients trying to cope with this syndrome are usually not open to change. They take a very long time to adapt to a given way of life; a sudden change will thwart their idea of normalcy.