Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Children are constantly falling prey to coughs and colds and viral infections. A strong immune system is the only way to protect them from such illnesses. Our immune system develops as we grow. For this reason, many doctors consider the occasional bout of cold or flu to be a good thing for 6-8 year olds. This helps build their immune system. Here are a few other ways you can boost their immune system.
- Breastfeed your baby: It is recommended that you should breastfeed your baby for as long as possible up to a year. Colostrums or the milk produced during the first few days after a baby's birth is extremely rich in antibodies that fight a number of diseases. The white blood cells in breast milk can protect your baby against ear infections, allergies, indigestion, urinary tract infections and lower their risk of suffering from diabetes, colitis, Crohn's disease and some forms of cancer later in their life.
- Have a fiber rich diet: Give your child plenty of fruits and vegetables in their daily diet. These are rich in vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. Phytonutrients can increase the body's production of white blood cells and interferon. Interferon is an antibody coating cell surfaces that block viruses. Such a diet can also help a child build immunity against cancer and heart diseases later in life.
- Quality sleep: Sleep deprivation can increase your susceptibility to illnesses by lowering the production of white blood cells and weakening the immune system. Insist on your child getting adequate sleep. While a newborn may need 18 hours of sleep a day, toddlers require 12-13 hours of sleep. Preschoolers need at least 10 hours of sleep a day. If it isn't possible for your child to get his or her sleep in one go, encourage them to take a nap in the afternoons.
- Exercise: Regular exercise boosts the production of white blood cells. To encourage your children to get away from computers and television, make exercise a family activity. Exercising will also help them release their energy and allow them to have a better sleep.
- Prevent the Spreading of Germs: From an early age, you must inculcate good hygiene habits in your children. Teach them to wash their hands with soap before and after a meal, every time they come into the house from outdoors and after using the toilet. Disposing of a child's personal items such as toothbrushes after they have had an infection can also keep the germs from spreading.
I am getting blood from my ass while do shit? Could that be piles? I think it might be because of break of boundary of asshole, since this is winter. What would might be the reason?
I met up with an accident 2 years ago. And my left ankle was having minor ligament injury. But the pain is still continuing. I am not able to walk much or stand much I am having lot of pain in my ankle. I showed many doctors bt still no solution have come up.
Hello Doctors Plzzz Help Today I surfing Heart Problem approx 9 Months so plzz advice through Email.
Hello sir. I want to ask that. I am not able to hear from my left ear it is completely damaged as the listening nerve is damaged. My left ear is good. But it also started to get damage. My ear drum starts melting. It is as such that it can stuck with brain too if the bone between brain and war drum gets melted. Please suggest whether I can undergo an operation to change my ear drum. But doctor suggest me that it can either increase the hearing ability or it can also damage the present hearing power. What should I do?
Just now I have overcome with jaundice, now my S. B total is 0.63 please suggest me what precautions should I take n how can I recover my health as early.
Am suffering from migraine. From past one year. I couldn't bare it. I took medication from doctor. But I couldn't bare it when m exposed it sun, journeys and stress.
I have been having headaches for the past one week. Headache on both sides of the frontal lobe while coughing or sneezing.
I have 102 fever and my joints are paining badly. I think I have hit by chickengunia so I wanted to know how to cure from this disease.
I do not get strong erection. And cannot maintain it for a long time. Please suggest a cure. I do not take any alcohol or do not even smoke.Please tell.
I have cold from more than a week. I taken a natural homemade medicines . But there is no change. . Plzz help me.
My 21 days baby frequently vomits from mouth and nose in thick consistency, I have low milk n from starting day she is on bottle feed, my paediatric suggested dexloc ,I am worried about my baby ,my gynec given me galakol tab to increase milk but no use, pediatric given domstal fr vomiting, please help me to increase milk.
Sexual problems in men
Fortunately, most sexual problems are treatable, so it is important to share your concerns with your partner and doctor.
What causes sexual problems?
Sexual dysfunction can be a result of a physical or psychological problem.
Physical causes: Many physical and/or medical conditions can cause problems with sexual function. These conditions include diabetes, heart and vascular ( blood vessel) disease, neurological disorders, hormonal imbalances, chronic diseases such as kidney or liver failure, and alcoholism and drug abuse. In addition, the side effects of certain medicines, including some antidepressant medication, can affect sexual desire and function.
Psychological causes: These include work-related stress and anxiety, concern about sexual performance, marital or relationship problems, depression, feelings of guilt, and the effects of a past sexual trauma.
Who is affected by sexual problems?
Both men and women are affected by sexual problems. Sexual problems occur in adults of all ages. Among those commonly affected are those in the older population, which may be related to a decline in health associated with ageing.
How do sexual problems affect men?
The most common sexual problems in men are ejaculation disorders, erectile dysfunction, and inhibited sexual desire.
What are ejaculation disorders?
There are different types of ejaculation disorders, including:
Premature ejaculation -- This refers to ejaculation that occurs before or soon after penetration.
Inhibited or retarded ejaculation -- This is when ejaculation is slow to occur.
Retrograde ejaculation -- This occurs when, at orgasm, the ejaculate is forced back into the bladder rather than through the urethra and out the end of the penis.
In some cases, premature and inhibited ejaculation are caused by a lack of attraction for a partner, past traumatic events and psychological factors, including a strict religious background that causes the person to view sex as sinful. Premature ejaculation is often is due to nervousness over how well a man will perform during sex. Certain medications, including some antidepressants, may affect ejaculation, as can nerve damage to the spinal cord.
Retrograde ejaculation is common in males with diabetes who suffer from diabetic neuropathy (nerve damage). This is due to problems with the nerves in the bladder and the bladder neck that allow the ejaculate to flow backwards and into the bladder. In other men, retrograde ejaculation occurs after operations on the bladder neck or prostate, or after certain abdominal operations. In addition, certain medicines, particularly those used to treat mood disorders, may cause problems with ejaculation. This does not generally require treatment unless it impairs fertility
What is erectile dysfunction?
Also known as impotence, erectile dysfunction is defined as the inability to attain and/or maintain an erection suitable for intercourse. Causes of erectile dysfunction include diseases affecting blood flow, such as atherosclerosis (narrowing of the arteries); nerve disorders; psychological factors, such as stress, depression, and performance anxiety (nervousness over his ability to sexually perform); and injury to the penis. Chronic illness, certain medications, and a condition called Peyronie's disease (scar tissue in the penis) can also cause erectile dysfunction.
What is inhibited sexual desire?
Inhibited desire, or loss of libido, refers to a decrease in desire for, or interest in sexual activity. Reduced libido can result from physical or psychological factors. It has been associated with low levels of the hormone testosterone. It also may be caused by psychological problems, such as anxiety and depression; medical illnesses, such as diabetes and high blood pressure; certain medications, including some anti-depressants; and relationship difficulties.