Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sudir ShettyYour feedback matters!
Doc. I have a masturbating habit. I tried a lot but I can't be able to stop this. So will you please give me some suggestion to get rid of this.
It might happen that you may not find your child, at twelve months to two years of age, at the same level as their peers in verbal communication. You think it's just a developmental problem they are facing and put off seeking professional advice; an intrinsically wrong step to take, because your child might be suffering from Speech Delay.
Delayed speech, or alalia, can be roughly defined as a delay in the development and use of the biological mechanisms that produce speech.
The symptoms of speech delay are roughly categorized into age related groups, generally beginning at the age of 12 months and continuing through the early adolescence, and they are:
1. Age-12 months
a. It is indeed a symptom if your child cannot point at objects or cannot manage gestures, such as waving good-bye.
b. Another symptom is that if your child does not prefer to communicate verbally as much as his/her peers.
2. Age-15-18 months
a. If your child is unable to pronounce familiar syllables or simply cannot call you even by this time, it's a worrying symptom.
b. You find your child unable to, or simply not reciprocating to 'no', 'hello', 'hi', 'bye'.
c. If your child is unable to extend his/her vocabulary up to 15 words by fifteen months, then it's a symptom.
3. Age-2-4 years
a. You find your child unable to spontaneously produce speech and words.
b. Another worrying symptom is if your child is lacking consonant sounds at the beginning and end of words while speaking.
c. If you still find your child unable to form simple sentences and words, then it is indeed a troubling symptom, confirming the disorder.
The causes for the speech delay disorder are:
1. A primary cause can be physical disruption in parts of the mouth such lips or palate, which may be deformed.
2. Another serious cause can be an oral-motor dysfunction which is the disruption in the creation of the specific area of the brain which deals with speech and communication.
3. The disorder can also be attributed to impairment in the development of the child's intellectual, receptive and expressive abilities.
4. There can also be psychological causes involving school environment and peer relationships which might lead to disruption of speech patterns and reluctance in speech expression and development. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Sir my brother is 18 years old. He was attacked by typhoid. In many time some blood came out from his nose. What should I do?
I have piles problem from last week. external piles is there without blooding only pain and burning. please suggest me good tablet and ointment and what care have to take for early relax from this problem im not eating chilly and garam masala foods at present pls suggest good medicine for early recovery from this problems.
खांसी सबसे आम स्वास्थ्य समस्याओं में से एक है। जब आपके गले या ऊपरी हवा के मार्ग में रुकावट या परेशानी होती है, तो आपका मस्तिष्क सोचता है कि उसमे विदेशी तत्व मौजूद है और शरीर से उस तत्व को हटाने के लिए खांसी आती है। हालांकि, निरंतर खांसी कई स्थितियों के लक्षण भी हो सकती है, जैसे कि एलर्जी, वायरल संक्रमण, या जीवाणु संक्रमण।
निरंतर खांसी होने से कुछ भी बुरा नहीं है। खाँसी आपको रात में जगाए रख सकती है, आपके काम में हस्तक्षेप कर सकती है और आपको दुखी महसूस करा सकती है। खांसी के एलर्जी, अस्थमा, अम्ल प्रतिवाह, शुष्क हवा, और धूम्रपान आम कारण हैं। जबकि खांसी के सबसे आम लक्षण गले में खुजली, सीने में दर्द, और जमाव हैं।
खांसी के लिए घरेलू उपचार
आप काउंटर ड्रग्स लेने के बजाय खाँसी का इलाज करने के लिए इन घरेलू उपचारों का उपयोग कर सकते हैं:
1. शहद: यह एक समृद्ध शांतिदायक है, जिसमें उच्च दलदलापन और चिपचिपापन होता है जो कोटिंग और उन चिड़चिड़े श्लेष्म झिल्ली को शांत करने का एक अविश्वसनीय काम करता है। आप हर्बल चाय या गर्म पानी और नींबू के साथ शहद के 2 चम्मच तक मिलाकर घर पर अपना स्वयं का उपाय बना सकते हैं।
शहद के एनाल्जेसिक गुणों से अतिरिक्त लाभ के लिए, खाली पेट पर सादे शहद के एक चम्मच को निगल लें।
2. नमक और पानी के साथ ग़रारे करना: गर्म पानी के कप में नमक के आधे चम्मच को मिला लें, एक निस्संक्रामक समाधान बनाने के लिए जो एक सूजनग्रस्त गले को धोता है और खाँसी से मुक्ति करता है। यह कफ को प्रभावी रूप से बाहर निकालने में भी मदद कर सकता है।
3. भाप: स्टीम श्लेष्म और कफ को तुरंत ढीला करने में मदद कर सकती है।
4. हल्दी: हल्दी की जड़ को भुन कर, पीस लें। इसे पानी और शहद के साथ मिलाएं, और इसे एक दिन में दो बार पीना। वैकल्पिक रूप से, हल्दी पाउडर के एक चम्मच और उबलते हुए पानी के एक कप में कैरम के बीज के एक चम्मच को जोड़कर हर्बल चाय बनायें।
आप गर्म दूध के गिलास में भी हल्दी जोड़ कर पी सकते हैं।
5. पुदीना: पुदीना में मौजूद मेन्थॉल गले को धोता है और डीकंजेस्टेन्ट के रूप में कार्य कर, बलगम को तोड़ने में मदद करता है। आप पेपरमिंट चाय पीने से या स्टीम स्नान में पुदीना वाष्पों में श्वास लेने से राहत प्राप्त कर सकते हैं।
6. चाय अजवायन के फूल: अजवायन के फूल ट्रेचिया और ब्रांकाई की मांसपेशियों को आराम देते हैं, और वायुमार्ग को भी खोलते हैं। आप थाइम के कुचले पत्ते के 2 चम्मच, उबलते पानी के 1 कप में मिला कर थाइम चाय बना सकते हैं।
7. हाइड्रेटेड रहें: पीने के तरल पदार्थ पोस्टनेज़ल ड्रिप में बलगम को पतला करने में मदद करता है। हाइड्रेशन का आपके प्रतिरक्षा समारोह पर भी सकारात्मक प्रभाव पड़ता है। अपने गले को शांत करने के लिए गर्म पानी पीएं।
8. गर्म सूप: गर्म शोरबा और सूप्स गले के लिए सुखदायक हैं और विशेष रूप से सर्दी और फ्लू के साथ खांसी से राहत में उपयोगी होते हैं। इनमे मौजूद प्याज, लहसुन, अदरक और काली मिर्च जैसी मसालेदार पदार्थ हैं जो काम करते हैं। जैसा कि आप गर्म सूप घूंटते हैं, इन जड़ी बूटियों में वाष्पशील सक्रिय एजेंट युक्त वाष्प आपके वायुमार्ग में प्रवेश करती है और बलगम को ढक लेती है, जबकि गर्म तरल आपके गले को शांत कर देता है।
9. सूखे अदरक और काली मिर्च: सूखे अदरक और काली मिर्च का मिश्रण खांसी के लिए एक पारंपरिक आयुर्वेदिक उपाय है। आपको अपनी जीभ पर इस मिश्रण का केवल एक छोटे चुटकी लगाने की ज़रूरत है। मिश्री को अक्सर इस मिश्रण में जोड़ा जाता है ताकि यह तालू पर आसान हो।
My penis is small sobim afraid of having sex now im 22 age what can be the treatment or something else.
I am Dr Rita Bakshi, the consultant physician in Gynaecologist and IVF specialist at International Fertility Centre. Today, let us talk about Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) which is commonly heard by every single person. Every young girl now has a diagnosis of PCOS.
Now, what is PCOS?
This is a syndrome in which the girls have abnormal cycles. Abnormal cycles mean prolonged cycles, they bleed frequently and also they have symptoms of excessive androgens i.e, an excessive male hormone. So may see these girls have lot of hormones on their chin, neck, on their breast, on their arms. And also they have Acanthosis nigricans that mean they have darkness in their neck and they have small cysts in the ovary. This is just due to the hormonal pattern disturbance in girls and instead of having one egg every month, they have a number of eggs start developing but not even one good egg. So these girls not only have abnormal cycles, hair growth, loss of hair from the head, but also they may have some difficulty in getting pregnant.
Now, if I speak about the long term problems of PCOS is that there are most chances of Diabetes. And not only in them, but the chances of Diabetes in their siblings are also higher. Also, if you go in even longer term then the chances of endometrial cancer is also higher. So it is important to recognize this when it exists and how to treat it.
Now these girls are taking a lot of stress. So you have to teach them to stay stress-free by doing yoga, change their lifestyle, getting rid of junk food and do some exercises every day. 45 minutes of exercise every single day is going to work a long way to help them normalise the hormonal patterns. Besides that, these girls sometimes put on over contraceptive pills to regularise their cycles. There are some drugs like metformin and myo inositol which have come in a big way, which are changing the pattern. So there are some girls which are in slim PCOS and there are some under obese PCOS. So in obese PCOS, we have alfacalcidol and comunicacion which help these girls to lose weight and also develop the normal hormonal pattern. So we have to treat two patterns differently, a lean PCOS and an obese PCOS.
The girls should understand that this is not something for which they should be worried about. Yet it is a known entity so they should keep it under control and take help whenever required. It is important when we are trying to become fertile or trying to become pregnant that they can go to a specialist who is dealing with this problem and take some help. Because some help may be required to develop their eggs and help try to conceive.
One should know that their sister or mother or anyone is suffering from the same pattern. It is not something to worry much. My only emphasize is please do not get tensed, just change your lifestyle, do some exercise, take some help from doctors. And that is all you require to get overcome from PCOS.
If you require any help, you can consult me through Lybrate or can directly visit International Fertility Centre.
How to control body heat? I have too much problem of heat, im always sweaty every time. Too much sweat every time? please suggest me.
Sir, I am suffering from gastric. Tell me how can I overcome from gastric. Everyday I used to exercise still I am suffering from gastric.
I cannot see nightfall when I wake up. Also the morning erection is not appearing. Is it because masturbation?
Everyday during motion, semen like thing flows out with urine. Is it normal or some diagnosis is required. I am diabetic type 2 on medication.
I have a blur in my eyes once in a week. After that I have a severe headache. Headache continue that full day what is this illness.
I am suffering from ankle pain and weakness in whole left leg all the time. It gets worse in the mourning. Kindly help me in this.
Sir I usually suffer with the problem of sweating from my hands and legs. I just want to get rise of this sickness. It is from the birth and now I am totally fruited form this. So please suggest me.
I am having constipation & gastric problem. For constipation I am taking Ramdev's Divya Churna every alternative day. Pl. Advice how to get rid from gastric problem?
Hi I am 38 years old and diagnosed with multiple cysts in my ovaries plus endometriosis cyst. CA 125 is 133 .is it ovarian cancer?
Are you suffering from stress and sleep disorders (Insomnia)? Are you looking for Ayurvedic remedies for improving your sleep? The principles of Ayurveda state that sufficient sleep along with a proper diet, and wise utilization of energy are important for maintaining good health.
According to ayurveda, the vitiation of the three doshas either taken all together or individually may result in to insomnia. All factors, that are responsible for aggravation of vata and pitta ,along with environmental and dietary factors play an important role in sleep disturbances. High vata type of insomnia is caused by Vaata imbalance or mental stress. People, who toss and turn, unable to fall asleep because their mind is spinning, have this disorder. It results with anxiety, worry, and rushed activity during the day. Where as in pitta imbalance there is intermittent awakening. You may fall asleep quickly but wake up frequently with palpitation, body pains, and emotional disturbances such as fear, anger, and sadness. Another pattern is that you wake up before dawn and find it difficult to go back to sleep.
There are certain health principles and ways that you should follow for improving quality of sleep, getting rid of stress and boosting your body’s immune system. They are as follows:
- Maintain a disciplined sleep schedule- You should be very disciplined regarding your sleep. Try to sleep early which gives you the time to sleep throughout the night. Wake up early the next morning. Your mind is stable, slow and dull from 6pm to 10pm. This is a perfect time for getting good sleep.
- Mindful eating- It is recommended for you to have your dinner early between 6.30 to 7 pm. The digestive fire starts cooling down after the sun sets. You can improve your digestion by eating light, early meals. This is beneficial for your sleep quality. While eating, you should avoid doing other activities such as reading books, watching television, or involving yourself in conversations.
- Oil massage- Oil massage therapy is a primary part of Ayurvedic treatment for stress and sleep disorder. Oil massages on your feet are important for improved sleep. There are nerve endings in your feet, which are nourished because of oil massage. Massaging helps in stress relief, makes you feel relaxed, and improves your blood circulation. As a result of all these, your sleep gets drastically improved. You can choose from several herbal oils for massage.
- Pranayama- Pranayama is considered to be very important for improving sleep disorders and stress. Several rounds of alternate nostril breathing or “naadi shodhana pranayama” should be undertaken on a regular basis. This is effective for the mind, and calms down your nervous system. You are bound to get deeper, and longer sleep of high quality.
- Practice self-compassion- You wellness and health depend considerably on a balance among your mind, body and soul. It is important for you to keep away from negative vibes and always try to be present in a positive environment. You should be mindful over who you talk to right before going to sleep. Ideally, you should switch off your mobile, computer, television, and social media activities, two hours before going to sleep.
- Regular exercise- Regular exercise is very important for you to stay healthy and fit physically, which in turn helps you to maintain a healthy state of mind. This is vital for improving sleep disorder and eliminating stress. Keep away from all types of stimulants during the evening so that your sleep is not affected.
Ayurvedic Herbs for Insomnia
The useful herbs for the treatment of insomnia are:-
- Brahmi: It is a powerful brain tonic, which supports and improves all aspects of mental functioning. It is a calming and tranquillising herb. A cup of brahmi tea or powder or any other preparation with brahmi, taken at bedtime, will induce a peaceful sleep and its regular use will help to cure insomnia.
- Vacha: (Acorus calamus) has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for the treatment of various ailments, such as epilepsy, headache,insomnia etc. it can be taken along with Amla, Brahmi powder at bed time.
- Aswagandha: This is an overall tonic for greater vitality and longevity. It enhances coordination between the mind and senses which, according to Ayurveda, is essential for good sleep. The recommended dose is half teaspoonful of powder taken at night along with sugar+ ghee or warm milk.
- Jatamansi: It has been found to increase levels of neurotransmitters like serotonin. It is a sedative, anti-depressant, and anti-epileptic cardio-tonic and is regarded as one of the most effective remedies for neurosis.
- Valerian: Indian valerian, also known as tagar in Hindi, works on the nerve channels by clearing out toxins from the blood, joints, tissues, colon and nerves. Its basic role is to rejuvenate. However, valerian should not be taken on its own. For, it can have a somewhat dulling effect. It is best used as part of some herbal preparation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.