Find numerous Pulmonologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sudhir NayarYour feedback matters!
My nose s left side is always create obstacle in breathing. Doctors advise me to operation but I hopr its cure by medicine. Please help.
What can I do for cough and what is its best medicine. Please tell me what precautions can I take for cold.
Meri mom ko pith (cough) ,safra bahot gae h Us wajah se wo bimar ho rahi hai Can you please suggest us a remedy to cure it.
When I will walk my lungs pain badly and when I drink water my lungs pain badly I can't breath properly after when I walk too far so what should I do.
Hallo I am suffering for Asthama last 8 years and using ratahaler I am working in a petrochemicals co presently I am suffering for allergic problem that irritate my skin mostly upper side of eyelid and also whole body . Please suggest me
She have suffering by tonsils from last few year's, what is the future diagnosis of the tonsil, if not treated from a long distance?
I am having soar throat and cough since last weak. Which medicine or home remedies I should try? Please help.
I suffer off and on in bacterial sinus problem. Slight cold catches me, feels headache and right eye problem which becomes red and have itchy sensation. I want to have home medicine advice for long use. Allpathic orayurved medicines do not cure it, only subsides.
I am not getting good relief in my asthma. I am taking regular inhaler twice a day tiova inhaler and levocentirizine dihydrochloride ip 5 mg in night and t. Doxophyllis 400 in morning. What should I do?
Is there any possibility to avoid asthma? If yes then which? Homeopathy or allopathy? please tell me.
Sometimes I face problem in breathing in. Something choking me to breathe in kabhi thuk nikalne mein prb hoti hai. Kabhi kabhi thik lgta hai. Whats the problem.
We consulted the ENT Specialist & took CT PNS scan. The result is Abnormal soft tissue density mucosal thickening (L>R) is noted involving bilateral maxillary antrum with minimal osteomeatal unit block made out on left side. Partial pneumatisation of right middle turbinate is seen. Left sphenoid sinus shows minimal soft tissue density irregularity. Nasal septum is in the midline. No bony destruction or sclerosis detected. Underlying soft tissues appear normal. The nasal cavity, pharynx and imaged parapharyngeal structures show no abnormalities. The Dr. Changed his prescription. But still I have headache and pain in chin and back head. Please help me Drs. Whats should I do and any prescriptions.
Hi I am undergoing mdr tuberculosis treatment for last 3 years and still have to take medicines for next 2 years. I do cough rarely but no felgum comes out. I feel n urge to have sex sometime. Is it safe to have sex with wife. And if she gets pregnant then will my baby have tb too. Pls guide and suggest if any reports needs to be taken. Pls explain in details. Thank you.
I am a chronic sinusitis person for a whiled now.Kindly suggest me some pills for congestion and nose blocks along with headache on temples.
COPD, which is short for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, is a severe form of lung disease that is characterized by increased breathlessness and obstruction of airflow from the lungs. People who are suffering from COPD are at an increased risk of developing lung cancer, heart diseases and many other conditions. It includes progressive lung diseases such as chronic bronchitis, emphysema, few forms of bronchiectasis and refractory (non-reversible) asthma. The former two are the most common conditions contributing to COPD.
Chronic bronchitis induces inflammation in the airway that carries air to the lungs and fills it with mucus. This either completely blocks the airway or narrows it, causing difficulty in breathing. However in emphysema, the air sacs inside the lungs which inflate and deflate as you breathe in and out, lose their elasticity due to which less air comes in and goes out leaving you breathless.
The best way to treat COPD is to quit smoking. Your doctor may also prescribe you medications or ask you to enroll in a lung rehab program.
- Smoking: Smoking is one of the most common causes of COPD. This is because smoking is known to destroy the stretchy fibers in people's lungs and irritate the airways. Even passive smoking is unhealthy. About 90% of the people having COPD are current or former smokers.
- Genetics: Some individuals suffer from COPD even after refraining from smoking. Genes might be at the helm of COPD in such a case. AATD i.e. Alpha -1 Antitrypsin Deficiency, is a protein in the lungs, the lack of which is one of the most common genetic factor causing emphysema.
- Environmental Factors: Breathing in harmful pollutants present in your environment is also one of the causes of COPD. Fumes, dust or certain chemicals are a few examples of harmful lung irritants. Organic cooking fuel may also cause COPD. Exposing yourself to the aforementioned environmental factors for a prolonged period of time increases your risk of developing COPD substantially.
- Shortness of breath especially after exercising
- Tightness in your chest
- Unintended weight loss
- Lack of energy
- Frequent respiratory infections
- Cough accompanied by mucus
- Physical Exam where your doctor monitors the functioning of your lungs.
- Questioning about your past health (Smoking or other harmful lung irritants).
- Spirometry and other breathing tests.
- Chest x-rays and other tests to eliminate other problems which could be causing your symptoms.