Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sudhir DeshmukhYour feedback matters!
Ringworm of the scalp usually affects children. This is a common type of a fungal infection of the scalp and has nothing to do with the worms as the name suggests. This is treated with antifungal medications and though the antifungal shampo-is not to-effective, it might be advised along with medication.
Causes of scalp ringworm:
- Most of the times a ringworm infection is transfered from person to person through sharing towels and touching. The fungi and its spores can remain alive on brushes, combs, sheets, furniture and unwashed towels for long. Some people are only carriers of fungi, meaning that they carry the fungi and its spores in their hair and skin but do not have any infection and symptoms. But they might pass the fungi to others who may develop the symptoms.
- It spreads from pets like cats and dogs who are very prone to fungal infection of the skin. They easily pass their infection to children and other family members. Farm animals are also a source of fungal infection and if the farm gate is touched from where the infected cattle passes, it is enough to cause infection.
- Also at times there is no reason and fungi infection can just happen out of the blue. Like for example, the fungi spores can get transmitted through air, they might get into the air by an infected person and land on someone else's head. This can develop into fungi and can cause infection.
Symptoms of scalp ringworm:
- The infection looks more like dandruff, a severe form of dandruff in different parts of the scalp. This is often mistaken to be psoriasis.
- In some infection there is loss of hair leading to bald patches. These patches become scaly and inflamed. The patches might have broken off small hair.
- Several painful pustules and boils occur on the scalp
- In severe infection there is boggy swelling on some part of the scalp, which is known as kerion. This might be tender and oozing and if not treated can lead to hair loss and permanent scarring.
- In severe infections like with pustules and kerion, one might develop high fever and the glands of the neck might swell.
Treatment of scalp ringworm:
The treatment of the fungal infection of the scalp involves the following:
- Antifungal Medicines: These are usually taken in the form of tablets and following are advised:
- Griseofulvin: This is often the first choice and a course of 8-12 weeks is required. The tablet can be crushed and taken with water.
- Terbinafine: The course for this is four weeks and is important to complete the course in order to get rid of the infection.
I m suffering with lot of acne dark spots. On face. Neck shoulders what I have to do what is the solution.
I have 3 by 2 inch permanent tattoo on my wrist is it possible to remove and how much it costs around?
Which is better for covering up during a sunny day, light or dark clothes? Also, is there a danger from tanning sprays rather than tanning beds?
Hello doctor. I am becoming thin and unhealthy .I'm becoming skinny. My hands are becoming thin both upper arm, biceps and wrist. My skin and hair is also degrading as I'm getting darker and hair falls rapidly. I want to build my muscles ,make my hands wide and also want to gain back my actual skin and hair. Please help me. Give me a meal chart and proper ways to tackle the situation. Thank you.
Hi. I used to had problems of pimples and now pimples r gone but I have marks I am using femcinol-a and neutregena face wash. Is it OK? For my skin. I have oily skin. Which facewash should I use and what shld I do to get glow on my skin.
I m a traveller and have to go for long tracking but because of change in water my skin becomes dark and it becomes rough.
I have got a boil near scrotum. This is the 8th boil in last 2 year. I am facing a problem kind of recurrent boil. What should I do?
8 natural remedies to get rid of under eye dark circles
Dark circles under your eyes can be a result of lack of sleep, depression, stress, aging, dry skin or hereditary problems.
People often ignore dark circles and try to conceal them under layers of make-up but that is not the real solution. The commercially available creams that calm to reduce dark circles are expensive and the results are not that great.
So, here are some easy home remedies that can help you get rid of dark cycles naturally:
1. Almond oil
Almond oil is very beneficial for the delicate skin around your eyes. Regular usage of almond oil will help fade your under eye circles.
How to use: before going to bed, apply a little almond oil over the dark circles and gently massage it into the skin. Leave it on overnight. Wash it off with cold water the next morning.
Cucumbers have skin-lightening and astringent properties that help fix those raccoon eyes naturally.
How to use: cut a fresh cucumber into thick slices and chill them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Put the slices onto the affected skin area for about 10 minutes. Wash the area with water. Use twice daily for about a week to see results.
3. Raw potato
There are natural bleaching agents present in potato that can help lighten dark circles and get rid of puffiness around the eyes.
How to use: grate one or two raw potatoes to extract the juice. Soak a cotton ball in the juice and place it over your closed eyes. Make sure the juice covers the dark circles under your eyes as well as the eyelids. Leave it for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse your eyelids well with cool water. Repeat once or twice daily for a few weeks.
4. Rose water
Rose water is an incredible ingredient for skin care. It rejuvenates the skin and has a soothing effect on tired eyes. Due to its mild astringent properties, it also works as a great skin toner.
How to use: soak cotton eye pads in pure rose water for a few minutes. Put the soaked pads on your closed eyelids. Leave them on for about 15 minutes. Follow this remedy twice daily for a few weeks.
Tomatoes have bleaching properties that can lighten skin to a great extent. They are rich in vitamin c and lycopene that are excellent for healthy skin
How to use: mix one teaspoon of tomato juice with a one-half teaspoon of lemon juice. Gently apply this mixture on the dark circles and leave it for 10 minutes. Rinse it off with water. Follow this remedy twice a day for a few weeks. Simply using tomato juice will also work. Alternatively, you can also drink a glass of tomato juice with some mint leaves, lemon juice, and salt twice a week for best results.
6. Lemon juice
The vitamin c present in lemon juice can also help remove dark circles under the eyes due to its skin-lightening properties.
How to use: use a cotton ball to apply fresh lemon juice around your eyes. Leave it on for about 10 minutes and rinse it off. Do this once daily for a few weeks.
7. Coconut oil
Due to its moisturizing quality, coconut oil also promotes smooth skin and prevents wrinkles and fine lines under eyes.
How to use: massaging with coconut oil is an effective natural remedy to lighten dark circles
8. Tea bags
The caffeine and antioxidants present in tea can be highly beneficial for getting rid of dark circles as well as puffiness under eyes. The tannins, in particular, help decrease swelling and discoloration.
How to use: chill two used green or black tea bags in the refrigerator for about half an hour. Place one tea bag over each eye and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove the tea bags and wash your face. Repeat once or twice daily for a few weeks. Be careful not to get the tea in your eyes.